Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TOYBOYEE
Regular

February 2005
icon7.gif  KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Sun, 03 April 2005 08:21 Go to next message

Hi guys,

does anyone out there recommend konig rewinds for ae86???

i'm thinking of purchasing thru T3.
  Send a private message to this user    
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Sun, 03 April 2005 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dodgy_haro is the man to ask
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Mon, 04 April 2005 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know people that have these.

Look hot on a hachi.

[Updated on: Mon, 04 April 2005 07:12]

Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Mon, 04 April 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For a cheaper local alternative, see:

www.performancewheels.com.au

Superlites.

I've yet to see a set in 3D, so can't comment on anything but price - which is good. I'm thinking of going with either the 16x7 or 15x8&10 Superlites or Challengers. Just waiting for more info on offsets and centrebore sizes. And , cliche it may be, but I'd paint the centres black. Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Mon, 04 April 2005 08:02]

takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Mon, 04 April 2005 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, if you want you can buy them domestically. But they are called Superlites.
14x7 and 15x7 are in +12 offset.
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Mon, 04 April 2005 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Konig Rewinds have a much greater dish and offset than the locally manifactured 'superlites'.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Mon, 04 April 2005 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
depends,, u can get custom offsets made up man
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Mon, 04 April 2005 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much do the 15x7 or wider.. superlights go for new? anyone know, or are u gonna make me pick up the phone...
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Mon, 04 April 2005 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
superlights are superheavy

get some jap wheels
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Mon, 04 April 2005 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
^^^ so true
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Mon, 04 April 2005 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree with ae95, however konig rewinds are very light like jap wheels. They way about the same as my SSR reverse mesh in the relevant size.
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Tue, 05 April 2005 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Agree with ae95.

You can get Superlites through Performance for around $220 a wheel brand spanking. They have a ~73mm centre bore, so don't sit on the AE86 60.1mm hub properly.

15*7 look good and you can get the centre painted from the factory.

Hen
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Tue, 05 April 2005 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or you can get them powdercoated, which looks really good. Ill post some good shots of mine when i get back to Canberra to pick up the 86.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Tue, 05 April 2005 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img29.exs.cx/img29/5997/5381734simonsae86e6ef.jpg

I had superlites on my blue car, they looked good!
TOYBOYEE
Regular

February 2005
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Tue, 05 April 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chrisellis wrote on Tue, 05 April 2005 00:52

how much do the 15x7 or wider.. superlights go for new? anyone know, or are u gonna make me pick up the phone...

i got quoted $230 + $20 extra for charcoal(each wheel 15x7's)

but these didn't have the offset i wanted...

konig rewinds come in 15x7 with zero offset so yeah i'm more interested in buy them...

but was wondering...

is the PCD for a aussie spec sprinter the same as the t-18??

114.3x4??

monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Tue, 05 April 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sure is.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Tue, 05 April 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The debatable thing about the Konigs is whether they will fit over big brake upgrades. I know the Superlites do, as i have them on my car. +12 offset.
TOYBOYEE
Regular

February 2005
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Tue, 05 April 2005 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
takai wrote on Tue, 05 April 2005 16:50

The debatable thing about the Konigs is whether they will fit over big brake upgrades. I know the Superlites do, as i have them on my car. +12 offset.

hmmm yeah ur right takai...

but won't the car still be ok with conservative brake setup??

i'm eventually gonna drop in a 20v... but since its a light car i don't need huge brakes/calipers right??

Embarassed
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Tue, 05 April 2005 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here is my car with Superlites on it.

They will suit big brakes very well.

15 x 7 with 12+ offset. They are great.

Painted by performance too. I love them!

[/url]

Cheers,

Jezza
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Tue, 05 April 2005 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TOYBOYEE wrote on Tue, 05 April 2005 16:21

konig rewinds come in 15x7 with zero offset so yeah i'm more interested in buy them...

why zero offset? for the sik dorifto look? or for a decent reason?
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Tue, 05 April 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aye, the only reason im importing Konigs is because they come in 14" and wider offset to pop it back to where i want it, (+34mm each side).
I still have to see if they fit over the big brakes though.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Tue, 05 April 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
konig rewind = aussie superlights = minilites = panasports.
plenty to choose from with almost identical look... all bar the aussie ones can be had in light versions... i like panasports Razz
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Tue, 05 April 2005 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, the Panasports are nice, but i have this thing for the Rewinds. Plus they are the only ones i can get my hands on one to test fit.
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Tue, 05 April 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh superlites arent bad

on my old car I had 13x8's on rear and 14 x 6 @ front
http://www.photodump.com/direct/levinkid86/DSCF0017.jpg

Wasnt happy about the weight though

Takai wrote that you could get them in 14 x 7, im not sure if they could do that because i asked about a yr ago n the biggest width they do in 14's was 6.

I liked ralli stanza's 15's. I didnt know u could get the 15 inch superlites in 8 spoke, i thought they were 10 spoke.
optionUP
Regular

February 2003
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Tue, 05 April 2005 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some useful info:

Gabriel Tyler of Technotoytuning will sell 15x7" Konig Rewinds for $525 USD; but I don't know how much they would cost landed in Australia.

This company here (in Australia) sells Panasports:

http://www.full-throttle.com.au/Wheels/Panasport.h tm

...both road and race only (extra light weight) versions.
$375 AUD per wheel for 15x7" road-going Panasports that weigh 7.6 kg each, offsets range from -4 to +40 mm.

Plenty of options, but a bit pricey...?
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Tue, 05 April 2005 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 15" rewinds end up at around $900 landed, and thats without customs, who will almost defiantely ping you on it.
optionUP
Regular

February 2003
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Tue, 05 April 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still $900 plus whatever customs slap on has gotta be less that $1500 for a set of 4 Panasports, eh? (And even then the Panasports might need freighting across the country for more $$$.)
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Tue, 05 April 2005 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But the Superlites come in at 850(depending on who you know) and no customs hassles
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Tue, 05 April 2005 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

i'm eventually gonna drop in a 20v... but since its a light car i don't need huge brakes/calipers right??

For a 20v in a road car that goes to the occasional track day the jap vented discs plus some good pads is a good setup, which will fit under any of the aforementioned wheels.
TOYBOYEE
Regular

February 2005
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Wed, 06 April 2005 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
takai wrote on Tue, 05 April 2005 21:45

The 15" rewinds end up at around $900 landed, and thats without customs, who will almost defiantely ping you on it.

where frum???

i understand if i buy thru T3 it can take upto 3mnths to recv them...

i got quoted $400 a wheel thru ozzy tyres aswell..

do u know anywhere else i can get these from???

takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Wed, 06 April 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
T3, thats including shipping. Might be at my super special price Laughing but i doubt it.
Customs will almost certainly stop the package since its so large and costly.

Just go to your local quickfit and you can get 15x7 Superlites for $230 a piece.
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Wed, 06 April 2005 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get the rewinds. they're a far better looking wheel than those ghey with aids superheavies.

also, now that Australia has a free trade agreement with the US, there is no duties on importations...

as long as you get the wheels sent in separate boxes, it wont cost you the earth.

i love my rewinds... Cool
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Wed, 06 April 2005 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wrong steve on the importation duty
that only applies if it is considered a commercial grade import, i.e. thousands of items from one supplier to a retailer or middle man.
this will not be considered a commercial grade import, and as such will attract duty
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Wed, 06 April 2005 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
May sound stupid, but cant he mark it as a gift?
driftpig180sx
Regular

December 2004
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Thu, 07 April 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL mark it as a Gift, I'd assume you can do it but highly doubht you will get away with it. I just sent gab a email and he has gotten back to me with the prices.

*** They are $525 per set(15x7's), plus one of the following
shipping options (economy shipping is not available due to size limitations):

Global Express Mail™ (EMS) (more info) 3 - 5 Days $345
Airmail Parcel Post (more info) 4 - 10 Days $315

So using currency calculator(0.76USD) it works out to be abit over $1100 for wheels minus duties and GST. I still say it will cost slightly under 1500 for the 4 rims(after the 3 months it will take to get here).

Very Happy

TOYBOYEE
Regular

February 2005
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Thu, 07 April 2005 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

$1500???

now getting from ozzytyres for $1600 aint lookin as bad...

whoever got em for $900 landed is a lucky bastard Confused

yeah i too agree they look better than superlites...

time to empty out the wallet Crying or Very Sad

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Thu, 07 April 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
imported car parts have come down from 15% duty to 10% duty and will not go down to 5% for a few years yet.
go to www.apectariff.org for details.

if you ship it in seperate boxes, customs will often pick them all up and class them as one shipment (if they are from and to same addresses). more likely to be picked up if there are multiboxes, and being large heavy package, you are most likely to get caught.

apparently around august is best for missing duty Wink

Cya, Stewart
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Thu, 07 April 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah quite expensive eh.
I did my calculations for just over $900 at a higher exchange rate though.
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Thu, 07 April 2005 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ozzytyres sell cheap wheels. id never go there

the konigs are better than superlights in almost every aspect
lighter, better offset, and look better imho
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Thu, 07 April 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And cost almost twice as much.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Thu, 07 April 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
900 bucks is expensive for 4 BRAND NEW rims in a perfect offset?

YOU'RE DRUNK!
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Thu, 07 April 2005 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and you're good-looking...

but i'll be sober in the morning Razz

i'd be happy to pay whatever it takes to get perfect rims in perfect offset. $900 is cheap as chups...
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Thu, 07 April 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aye, $900 aint much at all. But for the average ricer it starts to add up Laughing
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Thu, 07 April 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
takai wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 22:09

Aye, $900 aint much at all. But for the average ricer it starts to add up Laughing

Very Happy maybe a smaller carbon wing would be in order Wink
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Thu, 07 April 2005 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But they need the big carbon wing for the extra stylezzzz starz
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Tue, 12 April 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

FWIW,

Panasport have just released a 16x8 wheel with a range of colours and offsets available! I'm waiting for a price and more details from Full-Throttle.

Justin
JZA61
Gabriel Tyler
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Fri, 27 May 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I generally mark the value on the wheels as $100 per box. There are only 2 wheels in each box. From what I hear, this helps avoid customs problems.

I could box the wheels individually which would make them OK for "snail mail" economy shipment by meeting the size restrictions. It would take 4-6 weeks to get there, but the shipping costs would only be $200 US.

I personally think the Rewinds are a more attractive wheel than the Minilights, Panasports, and SuperLights. I prefer the look of the RS Watanabe (of which the Rewind is a clone, pretty much).

I do have some really sexy colors that I special ordered recently also, take a look:

Full Bronze

Bronze with polished lip

Silver with polished lip

Full Glossy Gunmetal

Gold with polished lip

http://www.technotoytuning.com/Rewinds/bronzepolishedrewind1.jpg

http://www.technotoytuning.com/Rewinds/14RewindBZ1.jpg

http://www.technotoytuning.com/misc/15inchrewindsv2.jpg

http://www.technotoytuning.com/Rewinds/goldrewind1.jpg

shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Fri, 27 May 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
personally, i thing the konigs look absolutely horn, much better than superlites.

gabe i have a few questions on the wheels, i'd PM you but i think the answers could be useful to all. just checked your site for details, but im goign to ask anyway.

do you stock 15X7 inch rims? (my 14s cost me 50 bucks so i cant justify paying "real" money for 14s Very Happy )

are they available in bronze

from what i remember reading the konigs dont fit the AE86 centrebore, im not so concerned about this anymore, as the centrebore on my wheels is way bigger than my hubs, and the wheels haven't fallen off yet.

keep up the good work!
Gabriel Tyler
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Fri, 27 May 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shinybluesteel: Yep we stock the 15x7 Zero offset Rewinds. I even have them in full bronze, and bronze with polished lip at this time.

The wheels are LugCentric not Hubcentric, so center bore is not critical. We drift and road race on them all the time. We have about 28 of them between our 3 track cars and never have any problems at all. We go through about 8-10 tires per car, per event, so we are always yanking tires and re-mounting new ones. The fit and finish holds up very well.
Beserker99
Regular

January 2004
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Fri, 27 May 2005 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OH SNAP Shocked

That bronze one is absolutly beautiful!!!

I wish I had money to burn on wheels Sad
TOYBOYEE
Regular

February 2005
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Fri, 27 May 2005 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you're able to gimme quote on price for set of 4 15x7 with 0 offset in gunmetal with polished lip that'd be great,

i'd like to compare it with the price i can get it for thru a distributor here in sydney.

thanks,

Tae.
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Fri, 27 May 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae95 wrote on Tue, 05 April 2005 01:02

superlights are superheavy

get some jap wheels

Ill second this.

I have 15x8 superlights with yokahama (spelling) tyres and im fuked if i could carry the mongrels 50mtrs one handed.

They look pretty good thou

Cheers

Steve
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Fri, 27 May 2005 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what is the price and weight of the wheels?
optionUP
Regular

February 2003
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Fri, 27 May 2005 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, the Konig Wheels website (www.konigwheels.com) says each 15x7 wheel weighs a shade over 6kg. Gabe seems to be saying price is $525 USD + $200 USD for the cheapest delivery (4-6 weeks), which means around $950 AUD + import duty (if you're not lucky? - still confused about whether you definately WILL get taxed or not).

[Updated on: Fri, 27 May 2005 15:24]

Gabriel Tyler
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Fri, 27 May 2005 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not sure exactly how you guys rate wheels. The Konig Rewinds are actually 8" lip to lip, but the bead mounting surface for the wheels is 7" (making them a 7" wheel by our specs).

They weigh 14 lb's each. The run $525 US and $200 US shipping by slowboat. Customs really hasn't been a problem. As long as the value is listed fairly low and I mark "Vintage Car Parts" on the box, you guys don't get hammered by importation duties.

We always ship by USPS which helps too. It seems to avoid the brokerage fees, something to do with USPS being a government thing.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Sat, 28 May 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, for some reason USPS gets around the brokerage fees quite well.

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Sat, 28 May 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
superheavys SUCK

konigs are wicked!

RS8s are wickeder! Very Happy
TOYBOYEE
Regular

February 2005
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Sat, 28 May 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Sat, 28 May 2005 12:45

superheavys SUCK

konigs are wicked!

RS8s are wickeder! Very Happy

would u recommend the 14x7's -9 offset or 15x7's 0 offset?
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Sat, 28 May 2005 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is my car with the 14x7 -9's..

http://users.bigpond.com/steveg101/dsc02585.jpg
http://users.bigpond.com/steveg101/dsc02587.jpg

looks pretty phat...BUT

i sold the 14's in favour of 15inch wheels, because 195/50x15 tyres have less sidewall flex than 185/60x14. and 185/55x14's are too hard to get...

keep this in mind Very Happy

[Updated on: Sat, 28 May 2005 06:27]

Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: KONIG REWINDS FOR AE86 Sun, 29 May 2005 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
True about the tyres steve. They stopped making A539s in 185/55/14. Ive got a brand new pair here that I dont want to wear out Confused

I have to say I reckon the 14s on an 86 have a much nicer stance *points at the 2 truenos*
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:does anyone know of an easy conversion for a 79 hilux
Next Topic:**Bracket update**KE 55 brake upgrade to fit in 13" rims
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 09:20:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.014986038208008 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.