Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
FST513
Regular

April 2005
AE92 Conversion Sun, 03 April 2005 09:14 Go to next message
hey people,

I'm new here, just found your website, great site btw.

Anyhow heres my question:

I have a Holden Nova (exactly the same one as an AE92 Corolla) besides a few minor things different between the two like interior and etc..

Anyhow... Would a U12 SR20DET fit? i can get one for $1300 and i will also upgrade the suspension/brakes etc with the conversion if it all works.. If it doesnt, what other engines would you guys recommend and what are the downsides? I understand 4AGZE supercharged engine will fit as well as a 4AFE.

cheers
kory.
  Send a private message to this user    
FST513
Regular

April 2005
Re: AE92 Conversion Mon, 04 April 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump....
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: AE92 Conversion Mon, 04 April 2005 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey man, im probably not the best person to help you out, but seeing as no one has, here goes Smile

If your sure that the Nova is the same basic car as the ae92 (i dont know its standard engine 4AC??) and the engine mounts are similar to the 4AFE and 4AGE series engines i would stick to the easiest approach..stay with toyota engines. I could see it being a major mission to get a nissan sr20 in with different engine mounts, gearbox length, drive shaft lenghts etc etc
If you virtually have an ae92 that would mean all suspension and brakes etc could be swapped over if you decided to go pretty serious and get a frontcut 4AGZE or 100kw 4AGE.

My opinion for maximum bang for buck
1. find out definately what is interchangable between ae92 and nova (especially engine bay stuff like mounts cause ive got no idea )
2. if everything checks out purchase an engine/gearbox/loom for under 1k to suit you(88kw 4AGE from ae82 or 100kw 4AGE from ae92)
3. buy a set of lowered performance springs (king/lovell) for around $400 installed

PROS / CONS
4AFE better than 4AC? / carby piece of shit
4AGE better than 4AFE, no insurance probs / nothing
4AGZE quicker than 4AGE / need front cut, insurance problems

There are heaps of pros and cons for all the engines, but in a nova i rekon a 100kw 4AGE would be goddamn quick. A 4AGZE would be fantastic, but its HEAPS more work, you would definately need a front cut so it'l blow right out in conversion cost and in addition they are getting damn hard to get hold of.

Good Luck
bayka
Regular

I Supported Toymods

September 2002
Re: AE92 Conversion Mon, 04 April 2005 17:26 Go to previous message
hey man do a search thru toymods forums, check this one out
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=46565&rid=1309&S=1160f661be69e6599d288f2 9479545a1&pl_view=&start=0#msg_424359

Looks like its a basic ae92....thats sick
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3SGE engine number location??
Next Topic:7MGTE Retorque
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 18 03:39:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042080879211426 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.