Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
AE86Boy
Regular

July 2003
icon5.gif  Help with .jpg files Fri, 01 April 2005 09:53 Go to next message
Hey y'all,

I have a problem. I have been sent some pictures from a Mac. They are jpg's, but I cannot view them.

Has anyone had to deal with this sort of thing before? AFAIK, a jpg is a jpg, but is there something that has to be done to the files so they can be viewed on PC?

Cheers for any help.

Jeremy.

P.S. This is quite urgent.
  Send a private message to this user    
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Help with .jpg files Fri, 01 April 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oops..... Wrong login Laughing
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Help with .jpg files Fri, 01 April 2005 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do they have .jpg written at the end of them? if u cant get them to work on the PC try getting a program called image viewer or something like that, just open and close them and somehow it converts them so they work, i used to have the same problem when i was doing websites with dads old mac, they neva worked when i uploaded them but after using the program it worked fine.

email me 1 pic and ill see if i can fix the problem with photoshop

furiousangles@hotmail.com
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Help with .jpg files Fri, 01 April 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drag the files onto a web browser window - most browsers can handle all types of jpeg files.

jpegs can be all kinds of thing: different colour models (RGB, CMYK, etc) , different kinds and levels of compression, can include colour management data (to compensate for different monitors and printers), can include data about the picture (like the time, date, camera data that digital camera's include), etc.

Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: Help with .jpg files Fri, 01 April 2005 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
domasik wrote on Fri, 01 April 2005 21:34

do they have .jpg written at the end of them?email me 1 pic and ill see if i can fix the problem with photoshop

furiousangles@hotmail.com

I use 'Corel Draw 11' it handles most files if you like I can try one of them for you. if you send me one in confidence.
(truckersau@yahoo.com.au)
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Help with .jpg files Sat, 02 April 2005 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Fri, 01 April 2005 20:00

Oops..... Wrong login Laughing

i take it you prefer to be a slut than a boy then? Laughing Razz
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Help with .jpg files Sun, 03 April 2005 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Meh, thanks for the help guys, but it looks like they are corrupt. Rolling Eyes

Very frustrating. Mad Mad Mad
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Help with .jpg files Sun, 03 April 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
note: some email clients will attach or present the image icon (which is a thumbnail of the picture) as a separate file. what's the file size of the jpgs? if they're 1-2K then they the icons not actual image.

also, we've noticed (at work) that some PC's have great difficulty with jpegs saved with photoshop on mac - either that the PC cannot comprehend the colour management profile in the header of the file, or that many PC jpeg viewers cannot display CMYK (process colour) jpegs - which you can make easily with photoshop.

Have you tried opening the files with Photoshop? or importing into a proper layout/design package like quark/indesign/freehand/etc. All of them came with comprehensive JPEG import filters as standard.

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Help with .jpg files Sun, 03 April 2005 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gibbem to me slutty
i fix it
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Help with .jpg files Sun, 03 April 2005 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I often get corupt files when tranfering from Mac to PC, I usually leave the image in its original state (eg. .psd - photoshop format) then export it as jpeg on the PC.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Help with .jpg files Sun, 03 April 2005 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Sun, 03 April 2005 21:28

gibbem to me slutty
i fix it

What's your work email again?
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Help with .jpg files Mon, 04 April 2005 04:58 Go to previous message
Have you tried IrfanView? It's a freeware program which can handle most graphic files...

http://www.irfanview.com/
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:'05 comedy festival gala
Next Topic:Check this out - FUN!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 16:14:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059812068939209 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.