Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Ta22 issues, Perth Sun, 03 April 2005 11:49 Go to next message
just got a "new" ta22, its basically a shitbucket, but around here thats another term for project Smile

alright, first off, the starter motor dont work, she ticks, but its like an immobiliser is kicking in, but its not, because we hooking the power directly upto the motor and she just kept ticking. theres a strange wire thats bolted onto the motors endbell, and it doesnt connect to anything, i.e. theres no where to put it.

also, i need someone around perth thats willing to weld some plates in for me, ill prepare everything, cut rust out, cut plate, shape it, etc. i just need someone to weld it in.

also, all of the electric "climate" (only way i can describe it) shit is missing, can i just get it from another one and put it in and plug everything up? or are there physical mechanical connections to it?

ill get pics tomorrow to show you what im talking about.

anyone needs pics, ask.

also, if theres some mechanic fella around here thats willing to help, i can do it myself, but if it costs a bit, and takes 50 hours less, ill do it!

Cheers,

Eldar.O.
  Send a private message to this user    
jeffro RA28
Regular

August 2004
Re: Ta22 issues, Perth Sun, 03 April 2005 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate, with my starter motor on my ta23, i got a tick noise. or more of a clatter clatter clatter noise. I only got this however when the battery was low(its fucked). I would just try hooking it up to the booster, or charge it up for a while, then try it.

I am no mechanc tho, i am just telling you what i experienced.

EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Ta22 issues, Perth Sun, 03 April 2005 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jeffro RA28 wrote on Sun, 03 April 2005 20:22

Mate, with my starter motor on my ta23, i got a tick noise. or more of a clatter clatter clatter noise. I only got this however when the battery was low(its fucked). I would just try hooking it up to the booster, or charge it up for a while, then try it.

I am no mechanc tho, i am just telling you what i experienced.

yeah dude, we hooked my vans battery up, and its got enough cold cranking amps to push my 1.8 litre 2Y-C over, so its not that... im thinking that somethings loose... not making contact properly.

and mate, im not a mechanic, panel beater, or auto electrician, this is my hobby Very Happy

im doing IT at tafe, for what reason i dont know!

Eldar.O.
Celica1971
Newcomer

March 2005
Re: Ta22 issues, Perth Sun, 03 April 2005 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On experience if u hear a clicking noise when u try and start ur car nothing else just clicking try another starter motor even a second hand one from wreckers should do

or take urs off look and c if its burnt out and if u cant tell take it to the wreckers and ask them they should help 4 nothing

keeps us posted

sorry if didnt help

shaunn
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Ta22 issues, Perth Sun, 03 April 2005 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If your in a hurry, get a hammer and hit the starter motor while you crank it, thats what NRMA did and it worked straight away Smile.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Ta22 issues, Perth Sun, 03 April 2005 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i havent hit it, when my mate suggested i hit it i kinda laughed because it dont sound right, but ill give it a go Smile also,

i cant take the starter motor off because the smallest scew driver i have still wont fit because the screws are too close to the firewall, its quite shitty actually!

getting up early tomorrow to have a fiddle.

Eldar.O.
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Ta22 issues, Perth Sun, 03 April 2005 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
screws dont hold in the starter motor
big bolts do
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Ta22 issues, Perth Sun, 03 April 2005 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also try ring spanner
or go from under the car with a big extension
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Ta22 issues, Perth Sun, 03 April 2005 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ian, i mean we've tried taking the endbell off to see if thatll help, for some reason theres oil covering everything on the left hand side of the engine bay, its quite a shitstorm.

will see what heppens,

cheers for the help everyone!

Eldar.O.
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Ta22 issues, Perth Sun, 03 April 2005 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pretty sure the starter has 2 positive leads and one neg
one positive slides the cog out and the other one spins the cog after its been slid out maybe the spinning one is disconnected
if ya know what i mean
Dominic
Regular

December 2003
Re: Ta22 issues, Perth Mon, 04 April 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds liek bushs have gone in teh starter motor.
teh starter motors are generaly held in by to bolts which can be found around teh bell housing end of teh starter motor.
simply pull it out ,take it to an auto sparky,and ask for a rebuild /fix problem.
a rebuild will cost you around a $100,and it willlast for at least another 20 yrs.

or you could rip out your motor all together,and buy my 2tgeu which already has a rebuilt starter motor on it...Smile

cheers
Dom
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Ta22 issues, Perth Mon, 04 April 2005 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yeh, sounds like bushes. I know a good/cheap auto sparky in North Perth, if you want. In the mran-time, hitting it with a BFH really does work well (kept my old mini going for months).
Dominic
Regular

December 2003
Re: Ta22 issues, Perth Mon, 04 April 2005 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is that the guy near north perth maccas?

italian bloke?
if so thats the same guy i use and he is good.
'
fixed up a starter motor for a six pack for me once....

Smile

cheers
Dom
Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: Ta22 issues, Perth Mon, 04 April 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The bellhousing side bolt on those starter motors are bitches to get off while still on the car.
Try a 3/4 inch drive breaker bar and socket, that's what got mine in the end after a lot of fucking around.

But it sounds like your starter is gone, probably easier and cheaper just to source another one.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Ta22 issues, Perth Mon, 04 April 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dominic wrote on Mon, 04 April 2005 08:13

sounds liek bushs have gone in teh starter motor.
teh starter motors are generaly held in by to bolts which can be found around teh bell housing end of teh starter motor.
simply pull it out ,take it to an auto sparky,and ask for a rebuild /fix problem.
a rebuild will cost you around a $100,and it willlast for at least another 20 yrs.

or you could rip out your motor all together,and buy my 2tgeu which already has a rebuilt starter motor on it...Smile

cheers
Dom

yeah i think its the bushes, but it seems theres a lead thats disconnected, but i cant get it out to check, ill try today.

and mate, ive already got a 2t/3t hybrid engine sitting up the driveway, carby is alot easier while learning Smile

celica-Sue, expect a PM from me soon, i need money before i can start getting everything up to scratch Smile

Cheers everyone.

Eldar.O.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Ta22 issues, Perth Tue, 05 April 2005 05:39 Go to previous message
after a bit of fucking around, and some swearing and banging
we diagnosed the problem to be a break in the wiring between the ignition and the starter motor, i hard wired it and the engine spun over nicely.

waiting to get paid so i can get it running, god damn me for being broke.

also, rust will be getting repaired soon, i was thinking of cutting it out and welding a backing plate of replacement glavanized steel, then smoothing the outside over with fibreglass, does anyone know if the pits will see this as a decent repair?

Cheers,

Eldar.O.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Grey imports chassis number plate
Next Topic:Which king springs for Ae92 seca?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 11:41:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055789947509766 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.