Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » EOI : 1jz-gte Trust TD05 25g Complete Turbo Kit, need swap for standard turbo setup

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Esselte
Regular

June 2003

EOI : 1jz-gte Trust TD05 25g Complete Turbo Kit, need swap for standard turbo setup Thu, 31 March 2005 04:34 Go to next message
Hi,
I may be having troubles getting my car engineered with my current turbo kit. It's a trust td05 25g with virtually no play, rated to 550hp, the manifold is trust, and a greddy wastegate. Will have lines and 3 inch dump pipe plumbed to the gate, i've just bought the dump and lines and they weren't cheap and they're very good quality, with custom flanges and gaskets, and it also required a bit of extra pipe to be welded onto the outlet so the cooler piping could fit on. Anyways that'll all be done by end of the week, it's a great kit, and worth a fair bit. So if i can't find an engineer to approve it i'll b forced to take a different route (i want legal insurance), so i'm looking at either just the standard turbo setup with cash adjustment, or the standard turbo setup high flowed so it'll pass engineers but still has potential for the future.
So if anyone is interested pls let me know, i'm only looking for a complete kit, ready to bolt on, lines and everything, with either standard dump but much preferably a 3 inch, but i guess with the cash adjustment i could buy that custom 3 inch that was for sale here if it's still available. Bascially just something a bit more sleeperish, maybe even highflowed gtr turbos if the manifold is low mount and they'll pass engineers. I also havn't really looked into high flowed ct12a's, no idea how they go. But yeh pls just let me know if anyone is interested, my car isn't complete yet but should be next week (still needs wiring)and i'll be calling an engineer soon to ask about it, so i should hopefully know by next week whether this turbo can be engineered. This is all just a maybe atmo, i'm not sure why an engineer would deny this turbo, but they might, even though my last car came from japan with a huge turbo kit and that got engineered. I'm really really hoping i can get it engineered but not sure how i'll go, i'm just desperate to have the car on the road, i'm not even going to run it on higher than standard boost ffs.

Dan.

[Updated on: Tue, 05 April 2005 05:40]

Send a private message to this user    
Milhouse
Regular

February 2003
Re: EOI : 1jz-gte Trust TD05 25g Complete Turbo Kit, mayb wanting swap for standard high flowed turb Thu, 31 March 2005 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude in my experience (ie in ACT) engineers are not particularly interested in what type of turbo you have on your car, just that the motor is a "turbo" motor. I would be very surprised if he knocked you back because you had an aftermarket turbo on your motor.
You have obviously spent alot of time and money on getting it this far - I would just see what the engineer says first.
1J's need big singles!!! (not really but they go like cut snakes!!).

Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: EOI : 1jz-gte Trust TD05 25g Complete Turbo Kit, mayb wanting swap for standard high flowed turb Thu, 31 March 2005 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i'm going to, thanks for the support, i raelly really REALLY hope that i don't have to change, will be a very depressing if i do, but my mechanic said he's 99% sure we wont get away with it, because of emmisions. I don't really get that as it's doing the same thing as the standard turbos, but still. we'll see, but if i can't i'll have to either lend a kit and get it engineered with that then put mine back on, or just downgrade. sucks either way, driving me insane.
..J..
Regular

June 2004
Re: EOI : 1jz-gte Trust TD05 25g Complete Turbo Kit, mayb wanting swap for standard high flowed turb Fri, 01 April 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it wont change the emissions.

he is probably talking about the the fact in may not have an inclosed air filter. you wont have any problems in NSW as long as the air filter is inclosed your fine.

Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: EOI : 1jz-gte Trust TD05 25g Complete Turbo Kit, mayb wanting swap for standard high flowed turb Fri, 01 April 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i know he said these emmissions problems are particular to Victoria, and other states are much more lenient. Absolutely sucks. Couldn't be the airbox coz i've got the standard airbox and i'm going to have that on there for the engineers, as it's something i can easily swap over if i'm ever in an accident anyways, so insurance can't say 'that air filter caused the accident with the extra pwr it added'. I'm going to head down there to chat to him about it in a couple of hours, he's goin to speak to his engineer who isn't Vicroads approved to see if we can convince him it wont change emmisions.
Just in case though, does anyone have high flowed ct12a's?? Or what's another good option that's easy to pass with (i.e. looks standard but isn't)??
manmx83
Regular

July 2004
Re: EOI : 1jz-gte Trust TD05 25g Complete Turbo Kit, mayb wanting swap for standard high flowed turb Sun, 03 April 2005 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would be keen on some type of swap arrangement on my "stock" ct12a set up complete which has dynoed 302rwhp at 15psi,would include a new set of custom twin dumps which fit under your heat shield and cant be seen.Email me please if interested.Cheers.Pete. Smile
Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: EOI : 1jz-gte Trust TD05 25g Complete Turbo Kit, mayb wanting swap for standard high flowed turb Sun, 03 April 2005 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,
Yeh well i'm interested if i can't get it engineered, sounds like what i'm looking for. What exactly has been done to them? Pm me if you'd rather give me details that way, up to you.

Dan.

manmx83
Regular

July 2004
Re: EOI : 1jz-gte Trust TD05 25g Complete Turbo Kit, mayb wanting swap for standard high flowed turb Sun, 03 April 2005 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm'd Smile
1j180
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: EOI : 1jz-gte Trust TD05 25g Complete Turbo Kit, mayb wanting swap for standard high flowed turb Mon, 04 April 2005 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What engineer are you using?

Try John Wilson. He'll engineer anything Very Happy
Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: EOI : 1jz-gte Trust TD05 25g Complete Turbo Kit, mayb wanting swap for standard high flowed turb Mon, 04 April 2005 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is he in VIC?? And is he a VIcRoads engineer? Becuase i'll call him right away, do you have his number? i'm pretty despertae just to be able to get the car on the road, i'm not even going to be running higher than stock boost. I'm willing to pay a little more if there is a bit more work required but i can't afford much more.

[Updated on: Mon, 04 April 2005 04:23]

1j180
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: EOI : 1jz-gte Trust TD05 25g Complete Turbo Kit, mayb wanting swap for standard high flowed turb Mon, 04 April 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry I was going off the 2nd post and assuemd you were in the ACT Embarassed

Good luck though. Don't worry to much. I'm sure VIC isn't that different than to up here, I mean I know a few guys that blow alot of smoke (mainly fuel from rich tune) up here and passed engineers...
Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: EOI : 1jz-gte Trust TD05 25g Complete Turbo Kit, mayb wanting swap for standard high flowed turb Mon, 04 April 2005 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh EPA are WAY WAY worse in VIc.
twincam_ke20
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: EOI : 1jz-gte Trust TD05 25g Complete Turbo Kit, mayb wanting swap for standard high flowed turb Mon, 04 April 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
depending where in vic ya are, try Ben Wight at Bisitecniks down in ballarat. great guys down there, will explain everything to ya, very helpful.

give them a call and talk to them over the phone, (03) 5339 6777

and even if you arent close by, give them a call anyway, and just explain what the go is.

good luck
Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: EOI : 1jz-gte Trust TD05 25g Complete Turbo Kit, mayb wanting swap for standard high flowed turb Mon, 04 April 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sensational i'll call him tomorrow, thanks heaps for that.

Dan.
Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: EOI : 1jz-gte Trust TD05 25g Complete Turbo Kit, mayb wanting swap for standard high flowed turb Tue, 05 April 2005 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just called Ben now, and nah you can't change the turbos at all, has to be the standard twin setup. So i dunno what im going to do.
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: EOI : 1jz-gte Trust TD05 25g Complete Turbo Kit, mayb wanting swap for standard high flowed turb Wed, 06 April 2005 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im running a set of steel wheeled ct12a's and have been proven on a differant car to mine that they push massive amounts of boost and push the soarer to 300 RWKW everyday. Very Happy

a set like that is exactly what you want mate. just keep your eyes open and a set will turn up.

cheers
..J..
Regular

June 2004
Re: EOI : 1jz-gte Trust TD05 25g Complete Turbo Kit, need swap for standard turbo setup Wed, 06 April 2005 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so how do all the VL
s get registered with turbos that would suck a boeing 747 in then?

sounds like a crock of shit to me.

talk to a company like JPC or someone who builds performance cars up they must know what the hell is going on as most of their customers cars are street registered.
Esselte
Regular

June 2003

Re: EOI : 1jz-gte Trust TD05 25g Complete Turbo Kit, need swap for standard turbo setup Wed, 06 April 2005 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i know it's bs, every second turbo car has an upgraded turbo, most just aren't honest about it and try to organize to have it removed if they ever crash. But see what happens is you insure with just cars, and they say yeh that's fine as long as you can ensure the mods are legal, then u have an accident, they look and say, the turbo's been changed, can you prove to us it's legal, if not, ur policy is void. That's what happens all the time. It's ridiculous i can't belive how sydney has a free emmisions testing facility, basically my only option is to go to there and get the emmisions test, coz even if i get the turbos changed over the cooler isn't approved either, AVO have only done ADR testing on a few model cars, and the soarer isn't one of them. Greeeat. It's completely fucked. I will probably do a straight swap with a high flowed standard turbo kit, i would value them at about the same i suppose. But even then i have to go back to standard cooler too. It's costing too much to be worth it. I'll find out asap if the RDA test in Sydney qualifies for their emmisions standards too, and then i'll get that done along with an engineers for safety of brakes, suspension, etc, if i can. I'll just have to drive up there. I bet Vicroads have some bullshit protection against me getting that done too, they want u to pay 3500 for emmisions testing here.
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: EOI : 1jz-gte Trust TD05 25g Complete Turbo Kit, need swap for standard turbo setup Thu, 07 April 2005 01:52 Go to previous message
PM'd
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:(Syd) 20v extractors & mufflers
Next Topic:4AG rebuilt
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 11:54:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057830810546875 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.