Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Adjusting Pop Ups Sun, 03 April 2005 13:42 Go to next message
Cause my MA61 was in a crash a while back one of hte pop up lights doesn't sit in the correct position and points down slightly... does anyone know how to adjust this ? so when the lights come up they are even
  Send a private message to this user    
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Adjusting Pop Ups Sun, 03 April 2005 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There should be screws on top or bottom of the headlight, literally. You should see a grove in the plastic bit around the actual headlight that lets you put in a screwdriver so that you can tighten or loosen it. Can't remember exactly where it is, all I know is that if you look properly, you'd see it.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Adjusting Pop Ups Mon, 04 April 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I c.. can u actually make the position of the light come up higher... cause when i have the ligths up the drivers side looks ok... but the pasenger side looks lazy!! and i want to have hte light sit higher
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Adjusting Pop Ups Mon, 04 April 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh. You mean the actual headlight assembly? Like its not getting upright fully? That I'm not too particularly sure... Go to a library and find a repair manual on the car...
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Adjusting Pop Ups Mon, 04 April 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
irrc there is a rod similar to a tie rod that you can adjust that will casue it to lift more/less. whip the lens out and have a look from what i recall the mechanisim looks pretty obvious. at least it did from waht i remember of the st184 and aw11's
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Adjusting Pop Ups Mon, 04 April 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it a threaded arm that is connected to the light and the motor, cause looking at that arm there is 2 nuts at each end.. i have a feeling lenghting them will adjust the height... tis a bloody pain in the arse the lights cause only the right one poitns in the correct position... and it looks like it has down syndrome with the lights up Mad
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Adjusting Pop Ups Mon, 04 April 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah that would be the one.. mark where it currently is then have a play with it see. im pretty sure that is the one you want.. you'll probaly find when the repairs were done the assembly was taken out then there is some play in where its put back in. hence the need for the adjusting rod.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Adjusting Pop Ups Mon, 04 April 2005 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool thanks for that... but another problem i have is... i was looking at teh correct head light and the position of the nuts seem to be hte same... maybe because of the crash i will have to lengthen the lazy one i reckon that would b it tho cause it is the only adjustable thing i can see that is part of the movement!!
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Adjusting Pop Ups Mon, 04 April 2005 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and for fun, like at track days, mark them at the correct postion then adjust them so they are very Sleepy but still the lights come on!!! that would look cool!!!
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Adjusting Pop Ups Mon, 04 April 2005 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they probaly look like they are in the same position as originally they would have been im *similar* positions but when they have been put back in they have been installed into a slightly different position hence they will need to be tinkered with Smile
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Adjusting Pop Ups Mon, 04 April 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some string and a mate to turn the lights on and off
and a LOT of fiddling...

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Adjusting Pop Ups Mon, 04 April 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"haf yoo seen mi bassball"

lol that threaded rod should do it for you.
unless they didn't bolt the light onto the car right.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Adjusting Pop Ups Mon, 04 April 2005 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or potentiall worse... where the light is bolted down has been dinged in and is no longer straight.... possible ? id get in there and have a look to see the repairs have actaully been done right ???
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Adjusting Pop Ups Mon, 04 April 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing "dont touch my ears"

sorry couldnt help myself Very Happy
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Adjusting Pop Ups Mon, 04 April 2005 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok well, i looked at that adjustable rod, and i turned it around enough so the lights are both sitting up in the correct position.
BUT
Looking at the motor there is an arm on the motor that spins 360 degree's when the lights are up, the adjustable threaded arms is too long for the motor to complete the 360d turn so the adjustable arm keeps the arm on the motor jammed down... are u with me...
anyone got any ideas ??
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Adjusting Pop Ups Mon, 04 April 2005 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did that make sense ?? can anyone help me or surgest anything ?
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Adjusting Pop Ups Mon, 04 April 2005 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u will have to show as i have no idea what u r talking about.

do they sit level when they are down ?
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Adjusting Pop Ups Mon, 04 April 2005 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea they sit level, but the threaded arm that is attached to the light which lifts it, that needs to be lengthened so both lights emit light at the same position, but when u lengthen the threaded arm, the arm on the motor can't complete a full 360 turn, it is basically wedged in postion cause the threaded arm is too long..
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Adjusting Pop Ups Tue, 05 April 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone got any ideas ?
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Adjusting Pop Ups Tue, 05 April 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get in there and see where the mechanisim is connected to the chasis. when it has been taken out obviously its been put back differntly see if you can see any marks, im sure there would be a shaddow in the general grim that should have built up ot some scratches where it was... perhgaps it is miles out of position such that the rod dosent provide enough adjustment ??
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Adjusting Pop Ups Tue, 05 April 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was advised by a make who works on 180sx that for the motor unit there is a bolt which can b undone and the motor can be raised of lowered accordingly.. is this true.. i will rip into the bastard on thursday!! got any other ideas toof... i reckon all toyotas with pop ups would have the same set up
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: Adjusting Pop Ups Tue, 05 April 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah typical toyota they will all be the same. id try just wjhat i and your mate have suggested next try and move the actual motor assembly. if they dosent work ill actually go have a look at mine and see what i cna nut out.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Adjusting Pop Ups Tue, 05 April 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oops i should log my gf out befor ei post eh Smile
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Adjusting Pop Ups Tue, 05 April 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no the motor in toyotas light only goes in one position, it doesn't have any adjustment, the only adjustments are that arm and the 2 screws on the light casing.

If it has been involved in an accident the wall it is mounted to could be bent a bit making it not sit flush, this was one of the problems I had after fixing the front of my MR2, to couter this after bashing the wall out the best I could put a few washers or spacers behind a couple of the lower bolts on the light assembly and used longer bolts, this corrects the light frame and brings the front up to sit level
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Adjusting Pop Ups Tue, 05 April 2005 12:45 Go to previous message
that sounds like my problem... good thing there is someone else on here who shares my pain... or did
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Berg cup 04 hillclimb preview video
Next Topic:NEWBIE
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 16:52:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0074620246887207 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.