Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » NT/TAS » November meeting for Canberra Celica Group (CCG)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
celica28
Regular

May 2002
November meeting for Canberra Celica Group (CCG) Thu, 07 November 2002 02:51 Go to next message
Hi all,

The November CCG meeting will be a combined BBQ/Swap meet.

We will be setting up at the back of the Cotter Pub at 11.00am with parts to sell and Mitch has kindly volunteered to supply his BBQ yet again. (What a great bloke). Best way to find us is to drive over the Cotter bridge to the Cotter pub. Follow the road to the left just past the pub and then take the first driveway (being a dirt road) on the left. Look left and you will see Mitch and I setting up the portable BBQ.

This is a great time to offload any parts that you may have in your garage/shed/house and also pick up a bargain. Whether it be by sale or swap this will be the best time to to it.

Cost will be $3 per person that attends the BBQ/swap meet. This cost will simply be to reimburse Mitch and I for cost of Ads in the Canberra Times and phone calls to those unfortunate soles that do not have the net.

Hope to see and meet heaps of people there. Additionally, keep your eyes on the Canberra Times ads over the next few weekends for details.

Phil and Mitch.
  Send a private message to this user    
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: November meeting for Canberra Celica Group (CCG) Fri, 08 November 2002 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phil

What is the date?

Craig
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: November meeting for Canberra Celica Group (CCG) Fri, 08 November 2002 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the date is sunday the 24th, Thats what it said in the e-mail I got.
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: November meeting for Canberra Celica Group (CCG) Sat, 09 November 2002 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep. definately Sunday the 24th November

Cheers

The other Phil Very Happy
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: November meeting for Canberra Celica Group (CCG) Mon, 11 November 2002 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phil, with the closure of forests due to high fire danger, is there any likelyhood that the venue could be closed? Should there be thought given to an alternate venue?

Regards Chuck
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: November meeting for Canberra Celica Group (CCG) Tue, 12 November 2002 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi all,

I knew there was something missing from the text. Thanks for the date advice Philt18. Mitch and I are looking into an alternative venue if the road is closed. Keep you eyes on here and in the Canberra Times.

TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: November meeting for Canberra Celica Group (CCG) Sun, 17 November 2002 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The list of parts for sale/wanted has now been completed. For those who have not received it by email today, please message me at philt18@netspeed.com.au and I will arrange to send it to you.

Cheers
Phil L
Chriph
Regular

May 2002
Re: November meeting for Canberra Celica Group (CCG) Mon, 18 November 2002 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 24th? But I'm not working that day... are you sure you've got the right date Mitch? Smile Just kidding, it'll be nice to be able to come along for a change. Look forward to seeing y'all there. Chris.
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: November meeting for Canberra Celica Group (CCG) Tue, 19 November 2002 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys,

I've been meaning to come to one of these meetings for years but have never gotten around to it.

Are there any ZZT231's in your group?

Matt
trent_kershaw
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: November meeting for Canberra Celica Group (CCG) Tue, 19 November 2002 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt,

It's mainly pointed towards old school celicas, ie. TA22, RA23/28, but if one was to come along and join there would be no objections Smile

It's really just a group of ppl from canberra who like toyotas. There should be a mate of mine who owns a 4AGZE sprinter turning up. So if you are the owner of the ZZT231 feel free to come along.
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: November meeting for Canberra Celica Group (CCG) Thu, 21 November 2002 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi all,

Just a reminder that the swap meet will be on this Sunday behind the cotter pub.

Couple of things to note.

1. This is primarily a swap meet and the cost will be $3 per head.

2. We will have a portable BBQ there (bans permitting) and this will be at an additional charge to the swap meet. Mitch and I are simply trying to recover costs from advertising, phone calls and food that we wil be supplying. I cannot stress enough that we are not trying to profit from this.

3. All TOYOTA owners are more than welcome to attend and join the group. Mitch and I decided to call the group the Canberra Celica Group as Canberra TOYOTA would be extremely upset with us had we called ourselves the Canberra TOYOTA group. I currently drive a Sprinter.

Make sense?

Hope to see as many of you behind the Cotter Pub on Sunday from midday onwards.

benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: November meeting for Canberra Celica Group (CCG) Thu, 21 November 2002 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will my st162 fit in with the Old school RA crowd?
Chriph
Regular

May 2002
icon14.gif  Re: November meeting for Canberra Celica Group (CCG) Thu, 21 November 2002 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For sure, I like seeing how the old matches up against the new. Hopefully see you there. Chris.
benmeyer
Regular

October 2002

Re: November meeting for Canberra Celica Group (CCG) Sat, 23 November 2002 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So where is this secondary location? and where in the times do we find the advertisements?
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: November meeting for Canberra Celica Group (CCG) Mon, 25 November 2002 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey all,

Well yet another sucessful CCG meet. The crowd was a little light on, but for those that did make it out to the cotter we had fun.

The highlight of the afternoon was when Trent wanted to leave and discovered that he had run out of fuel. With the nearest service station being 15-20k's away, Mitch Sloan came to the rescue and donated 5 litre of fuel. Peter Lowther kindly siphoned the tank by filling up a beer bottle several times to make 5 litres. (It's a long story and you will have to come along to the December get together to get a full run down on this one).

Anyway, we now know that Trent can get 13 stubbies to 20 k's of driving. Good on ya Trent.

Hope to see you all at the December get together. Stay tuned here for the next posting about the CCG.

trent_kershaw
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: November meeting for Canberra Celica Group (CCG) Mon, 25 November 2002 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Embarassed thanks buddy...
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: November meeting for Canberra Celica Group (CCG) Mon, 25 November 2002 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol does your fuel gauge not work aswell? I sometimes get that problem too Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes
trent_kershaw
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: November meeting for Canberra Celica Group (CCG) Mon, 25 November 2002 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no, I must have been driving harder than usual this week... I only got 378 ks from the tank. I usually get like 500....

Still, I'm never gonna live this one down Rolling Eyes
equiline
Occasional Poster

September 2002
Re: November meeting for Canberra Celica Group (CCG) Fri, 06 December 2002 07:09 Go to previous message

When is the December meeting guys.

Would like to join your club.

Just bought a 87 MkIII white with blue interior. Auto regrattably, but cant have everything?

Wayne
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Attention Tassie Guys!
Next Topic:VT S pack supercharged Commodore for sale in Canberra
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:03:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005885124206543 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.