Toymods » Cruises and Events » Cruise to Melbourne for Drift Nats Round 1

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Cruise to Melbourne for Drift Nats Round 1 Fri, 01 April 2005 03:08 Go to next message
Here's our plan so far.....

We've changed plans for the meeting place we are now meeting up at Narellan McDonalds at around 6am, leaving at 6:30am sharp. This is where it is....

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~indimc/mypic76.gif

Click here for directions for the trip

directions

Then drive to Goulburn via Hume Hwy for breakfast and refuel. There is a BP at 88 Hume St, a Shell at Cnr Clinton & Cowper St and two Caltex 68 Goldsmith St or 315 Auburn St.

Then along the road to Gundagai (sorry couldnt resist Razz ) stop for toilet break and refuel. BP at 5 Mile Hume Hwy (dont ask me thats just what the address says? Confused ), Shell at cnr Mount & Middle St, Caltex at 227 Sheridan St.

Then next stop is Wodonga for a late lunch and refuel. There are two BPs at 60 Hovell St and 99 Melrose Drive, two Shells at 87 Elgin St and Cnr Queen and Osburn St, no Caltex but 3 Ampols at Lot 107 Bradford St, 27 High St and 157 Melbourne Road.

I'm looking for another stop somewhere along the Hume Highway halfway between the border and Melbourne, open to any suggestions because I dont know anything about places to stop in Victoria. The plan is to stop approx every 2 & 3/4 hours for a break and to keep fuel tanks topped up (and bladders empty) at each stop so we dont have 50 million stops!

The trip back on Monday morning 18th April will be the same but in reverse order.

Places for accommodation can be found at http://www.motorsport.com.au/circuithire3.html

We are staying at Keilor Motor Inn http://www.keilormotorinn.com.au/home.html

I've got maps and directions to each stop as well as maps of the locations of each of the petrol stations and some of the hotels so anyone that will be cruising down with us let me know so I can make sure I have enough copies.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 April 2005 13:46]

Send a private message to this user    
cams_ae86
Regular

November 2004
Re: Cruise to Melbourne for Drift Nats Round 1 Fri, 01 April 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what dates will the trip be over?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Cruise to Melbourne for Drift Nats Round 1 Fri, 01 April 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah would like to know as well, but unless its a long weekend i can't see me going the IDA days will have to carry me over until the round at oran park.
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Cruise to Melbourne for Drift Nats Round 1 Fri, 01 April 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd imagine it would be 15-18/04/05 as the drift nats 1st round is on the 16-17/04/05

Sound awesome!!! I doubt i could make it though Crying or Very Sad

Out of money as i'm going away the weekend before!

[Updated on: Fri, 01 April 2005 03:32]

Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Cruise to Melbourne for Drift Nats Round 1 Fri, 01 April 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oops sorry dates have been added Embarassed

Yeah we're driving down on Friday 15th April and coming back on Monday 18th April.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Cruise to Melbourne for Drift Nats Round 1 Sun, 03 April 2005 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Woah, crazy! I think its still too soon for Team Ibis to head to Melb again. Enjoy the drive its long.. Very Happy
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Cruise to Melbourne for Drift Nats Round 1 Sun, 03 April 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would just like to make 1 suggestion

Last time I drove to Melbourne

I stopped at the Caltex on the Hwy at Golburn (you'll get vortex and with a blast of octane booster you'll get 98 ron)
(Macca's and KFC)

Then next stop at Albury / Wadonga. There is a shell and BP just on this side of albury. Plus Red rooster KFC an Maccas plus HJ's for food along the main drag of Albury

Then next stop Melbourne.

You find that all of these places are about the 3.5 hrs from each other. Last time I did this trip and stopping for fuel and food was about an 11 hr trip.

with what you are planning It would have guess your looking at around 12-13 hrs.

All of these stop also found my 55L fuel tank 1/3 full so tanks don't run to dry between stops.

cams_ae86
Regular

November 2004
Re: Cruise to Melbourne for Drift Nats Round 1 Mon, 04 April 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any idea on how many people coming
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Cruise to Melbourne for Drift Nats Round 1 Mon, 04 April 2005 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
take pics!!
and good luck!
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Cruise to Melbourne for Drift Nats Round 1 Mon, 04 April 2005 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is there another drift event in melbourne later on in the year? like nov or dec would be perfect for Annual AE86 MEET #2 Very Happy
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Cruise to Melbourne for Drift Nats Round 1 Mon, 04 April 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, the drift nats finals are on the 10th and 11th of December.
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Cruise to Melbourne for Drift Nats Round 1 Wed, 13 April 2005 13:48 Go to previous message
There has been a change of meeting place, the original post has been edited.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:NZ early celica cruise april 10th pics
Next Topic:Coming to Dubbo next?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 14:01:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0071680545806885 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.