Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Anyone running 1jz trubos on a 1g?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
barge
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Anyone running 1jz trubos on a 1g? Sat, 02 April 2005 00:16 Go to next message
Howdy.

I was just wondering how common it was to run the ct12a's on a 1g.

I know they wont just bolt on but it seems like a good mild upgrade to me. Of course i could be wrong :/

Matt
  Send a private message to this user    
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Anyone running 1jz trubos on a 1g? Sat, 02 April 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm tipping it might well be better value to stick something else on there, maybe even the later 1JZ turbo.
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Anyone running 1jz trubos on a 1g? Mon, 04 April 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have seen a set of CT12/CT12a hybrids, using the CT12 cartridge and exhaust housing and CT12a compressor. Made it a bolt up fit to the 1G exhaust manifolds (don't know why you would bother) but required custom banana to join the compressor side though.

Final results yielded 180rwkw's. Not really any more than the standard turbo's can do with decent intercooler and ecu.

Having said that, CT12a's on a good manifold with ecu and cooler should support over 200rwkw, but so will a T3, T4 or CT26 but with half the plumbing.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Anyone running 1jz trubos on a 1g? Mon, 04 April 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you could have a go at some GTR T28's also, good for 350rwhp on a 1GGTE Smile
barge
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: Anyone running 1jz trubos on a 1g? Mon, 04 April 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I only want a mild flow upgrade, was thinking of making adapters to run the 1jz turbos on the standard manifold. Custom dumps of course.

gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Anyone running 1jz trubos on a 1g? Mon, 04 April 2005 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Problem is that on a 1G, the exhaust sits really close together. You would have a lot of difficulties trying to put them in a similar configuration to the standard set up.

The 1G exhaust manifolds sit pretty tight to the side of the block, so if the adapters pushed the turbos out and apart and aimed the dumps away from the block (both compressors facing forward), it might work. It ends up being a pretty ugly looking adapter though.

Take a look at what Josh has done with his single conversion and see how easy it can be. He has just used the standard manifolds with a Y adapter. Josh's KE30
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Anyone running 1jz trubos on a 1g? Mon, 04 April 2005 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I also heard of someone runnig stock turbos on a new manifold making the turbos both face forward with great success.
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Anyone running 1jz trubos on a 1g? Tue, 05 April 2005 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, it's a shame that the CT12's exhaust sit so close together, cos the exhaust manifolds are actually pretty good, bends are a little shapr on them but other than that there is nothing wrong with them.

Quote:

I also heard of someone runnig stock turbos on a new manifold making the turbos both face forward with great success.

If you could get a decent Y pipe in there, I can't see why you couldn't get some decent power gains with the CT12's, it works with the 1J's and they start off with a better Y pipe than what the 1G has.
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Anyone running 1jz trubos on a 1g? Tue, 05 April 2005 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep the definate restrictions are the Y pice which is more of a T piece... and the actual exhaust housing on the turbos,
GA22GT
Occasional Poster

April 2003
Re: Anyone running 1jz trubos on a 1g? Tue, 05 April 2005 09:38 Go to previous message
hey ya'll,

Anybody got pics of the custom Y adaptor that can be used to join the stock 1G manifolds together. I saw the one for 1J but I've not seen the one for 1G. Who knows if Josh has one? great KE30 btw!!!!...i wanna do the same, should be pretty easy but i gotta know what im gonna get myself into..

Vern
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Wierd electrical problem with wipers.
Next Topic:Starbo performance parts?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 23:32:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062479972839355 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.