Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Building an IS430

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Dr_Love
Regular

January 2005
Re: Building an IS430 Tue, 05 April 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a 2jz-gte.
i would prefer to have it in manual but its not absolutely necessary Would a conversion a)fix the rev-limit problem b)be expensive and most importantly c)possible in the celsior?

i asked around a little about 12 months ago and one of the engineers told me some models cannot have conversions done because certain things are in the way (??). Like i said, i dont know diddly about this.
  Send a private message to this user    
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Building an IS430 Tue, 05 April 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you wanted to build an auto 1UZ IS200 (IS400/IS430) would you be better off starting with an auto IS200 for comparative purposes, or a manual IS200 because there is less electronic's and complication associated with this model ?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Building an IS430 Tue, 05 April 2005 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dr_Love wrote on Tue, 05 April 2005 15:27

its a 2jz-gte.
i would prefer to have it in manual but its not absolutely necessary Would a conversion a)fix the rev-limit problem b)be expensive and most importantly c)possible in the celsior?

a) Yes.
b) Most definitely.
c) Anything is possible, but the degree of difficulty depends on the availability of factory part for the conversion. The main problem will be getting a manual pedal box which may not even exist for that car, although if you're lucky something like a JZA80 Supra pedal box may be interchangeable. Physically installing the box is the easy part, everything else is tricky!
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Building an IS430 Tue, 05 April 2005 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah - like if i wanted to do a manual conversion on the crown!!

The main problem i see is clearing the engine!!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Building an IS430 Tue, 05 April 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Tue, 05 April 2005 15:12

Physically installing the box is the easy part, everything else is tricky!

No shit!

I am really finding this one out on the soarer atm, tricky but not impossible, id imagine with a celsior it would be damn near impossible but absolutely awesome when completed, especially with a 2JZ Very Happy
ozaristov300
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: Building an IS430 Tue, 05 April 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a) Yes, by pressure reduction on right pedal
b) Yes
c) Anything's possible, but think about what's not there - clutch pedal, pedal box, clutch master cylinder, lines.

Lastly, why? I figure you need one hand free at all times to keep your bitches in line. It is after all, a pimp-mobile. Cool
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Building an IS430 Tue, 05 April 2005 07:51 Go to previous message
hashahaah, thats funny Wayne!
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:brake problem
Next Topic:Shorter length tie rods for a AE82 rack?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 11:52:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0036571025848389 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.