Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » How do you tell someone not to drag?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

How do you tell someone not to drag? Sun, 22 September 2002 00:55 Go to next message
ok well i pulled up at the traffic lights in the centre lane, 89 falcon (6 cylinder of some sort i'm guessing Rolling Eyes ) pulled up next to me in the left lane, 150m down the road is the left turn off i have to make.
so i wait for the lights to go green so i can floor it off the lights and get in front of him so i can make my left turn but when the lights go green he floors it as well and we are going along side by side the whole way then i thought i wouldback off and tuck in behind him but there was a V8 Commo Ute behind him going for it as well, Rolling Eyes all i wanted was to turn left not have a drag Laughing anyway didn't bother me mutch as i'm happy with the celica's result in staying side by side the whole way so just went down the road a bit further and turned around to then come up at the lights next to a p plater in a festiva, thinking "what the hell" i gave it a little rev then so did he lights green pedal to the floor and i was about 5 car lengths in front of him by the time i had to change into 2nd, but then thought about it and decided beating a festiva is nothing to be proud of Razz
  Send a private message to this user    
jza70-mel
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: How do you tell someone not to drag? Sun, 22 September 2002 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just don't take off the line so fast!

If you look at it from his point of view, some guy is going to get in front of him, to then hit the brakes to make a left turn. I'm sure if it was you who was in the left lane and someone pulled infront of you and you had to slow down for them, you might have got a bit irritated.

I know that it sometime is difficult to get in the correct lane for turns, but I think the best approach is to indicate, and wait for the people in the other lane to let you merge in (hard if its a very busy road and there are lots of people behind you).

There is no international signal for "I don't wan't to drag", but I have noticed that getting rid of all my ricey HKS / Apexi stickers seemed to do the trick. Also not pulling up level with them on the line helped too.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How do you tell someone not to drag? Sun, 22 September 2002 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jza70-mel wrote on Sun, 22 September 2002 12:16

Also not pulling up level with them on the line helped too.

thats interesting, a few times people have not pulled up to the line next to me but still wanted to drag, its as if they wanted to launch before the lights go green or something.
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: How do you tell someone not to drag? Sun, 22 September 2002 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i don't give them an impression as i don't look at them the whole time i'm next to them and usually play around with the radio so it doesn't look like i'm getting ready to floor it off but as for the turn it was one of those ones where the whole lane goes left,
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How do you tell someone not to drag? Sun, 22 September 2002 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GIN51E wrote on Sun, 22 September 2002 10:55

ok well i pulled up at the traffic lights in the centre lane, 89 falcon (6 cylinder of some sort i'm guessing Rolling Eyes ) pulled up next to me in the left lane, 150m down the road is the left turn off i have to make.
so i wait for the lights to go green so i can floor it off the lights and get in front of him so i can make my left turn but when the lights go green he floors it as well and we are going along side by side the whole way then i thought i wouldback off and tuck in behind him but there was a V8 Commo Ute behind him going for it as well, Rolling Eyes all i wanted was to turn left not have a drag Laughing anyway didn't bother me mutch as i'm happy with the celica's result in staying side by side the whole way so just went down the road a bit further and turned around to then come up at the lights next to a p plater in a festiva, thinking "what the hell" i gave it a little rev then so did he lights green pedal to the floor and i was about 5 car lengths in front of him by the time i had to change into 2nd, but then thought about it and decided beating a festiva is nothing to be proud of Razz

Shit man, that sort of crap pisses me off. Some yobbo goes off, pulls infront/cuts of you just to turn. Just take off slow and get behind the couple of cars in the left lane. Is it really that hard to think in a different direction? It saves lots of hassle, and you know you arn't pissing anyone off.

Quote:

well i don't give them an impression as i don't look at them the whole time i'm next to them and usually play around with the radio so it doesn't look like i'm getting ready to floor it off but as for the turn it was one of those ones where the whole lane goes left,

In that case, noone likes a smartarse.

He sensed your intent, and decided you can do what everyone else can do, and go slow and wait your turn to get over. Didn't exactly sound like peak hour traffic you were in.

I would have done exactly the same thing as the falcon did, while also thinking 'if he planned better, he would be in this lane to begin with instead of being a smartarse and trying to cut infront of me'.

I still respect you man, but, sorry, this stuff annoys me to no end.
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: How do you tell someone not to drag? Sun, 22 September 2002 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also back to the point, he was 19,20 years of age and looking at me the whole time i don't think he was trying to stop me from moving into his lane he was trying to have a go reving the crap out of it and the left lane which all goes left is a long sweeping corner and he had his foot into it right up to the corner after i backed off so its not one you had to slow down a great deal for and personaly if i was in his position i would have just driven off at the lights as per normal and then if a guy beside me did floor it off by the time of the corner he would be well in front of me so i wouldn't have to worry about anyone cutting me off.

i always let people into traffic and hate people which go out of there way to not let you change lanes, but i still think its better in sydney then melbourne, sorry for the melbourne guys out there but while i was there i hated driving no one would ever let you into traffic and if you let them in you would never get a wave to say thanks which really shits me, i don't know if its just that they are all like that or its only because they saw a NSW number plate and thought "f**K him" but i doubt that, anyway i'll calm down now i've got a lot to say about melbourne drivers Mad but thats just taking me way off the topic
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: How do you tell someone not to drag? Mon, 23 September 2002 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why didn't you just back off and get in behind as soon as you saw that he was dragging?
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: How do you tell someone not to drag? Mon, 23 September 2002 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy had to see if i could get in front and also like i said earlier he had a ute on his arse as well.

anyway its nothing to worry about i wasn't pissed off i just went down further and turned around and no harm was done,

i never try and get people to drag only time i look at someone i'm next to and give the engine a rev is when its a friend otherwise i don't look and don't want to make them think i want to drag, i don't like driving off the lights that quick as my car is loud and draws a lot of attention and there for driving off at a normal speed sounds like i'm flooring it.

only time i ever do floor it is when at the lights and they go green and start to drive off then i hear them floor it and its an automatic reaction that my foot then goes flat as well Laughing

only time i pulled up next to someone and showed i wanted a drag was a Senator Signature and that was just for fun as it was clearly obviouse who would win Razz
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: How do you tell someone not to drag? Tue, 24 September 2002 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
U juswt need more power
smoke that mofo Smile
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How do you tell someone not to drag? Thu, 26 September 2002 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah to solve the problem get a faster car!
(Then you'll be able to get in front of them for sure!)

Cheers
Wilbo
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How do you tell someone not to drag? Fri, 27 September 2002 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Funny story...
Similar thing happened to me the other day...Pulled up in the middle lane in the 'Rolla, had some bloke in a '97-'98 V6 Camry in the right lane who, it turns out, wanted to be in the left lane. I'm sitting there thinking "I wonder how the 4AG would go against one of these" when the lights go green and I hear the Camry's tyres chirp...He's having a go! He gets the jump on me and I give the 4AG about 7,000 in the first couple of gears...'til about 90 or so and I think "That's fast enough, I'll back off here and let him go".

Just as well, as he swerved across two lanes to get where he wanted to go...

Still, my little KE will stay with a V6 Camry!
Rattlehead
Regular

May 2002
Re: How do you tell someone not to drag? Sat, 28 September 2002 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I usually try and get in front of other people if I'm in the wrong lane...but one time my mate was driving after getting some extractors in on his xr8 and he tromped it at the lights to get into the other lane, and somehow his tyre popped and he ended up flipping over after hitting the gravel or something. So I dont drag or nothing no more.

One time this VR commo driver wanted to race me, but I was turning left at those lights, so I was telling him I had to turn, and he still stalled up and took off quick anyway. Maybe he thought I said 'Let's go' when I pointed left and saying 'I gotta turn here'. Or maybe he was just a typical commo driver who races anything and anyone, even pushies turning left.

[Updated on: Sat, 28 September 2002 18:06]

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How do you tell someone not to drag? Fri, 11 October 2002 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EMP-2TG wrote on Tue, 24 September 2002 10:54

U juswt need more power
smoke that mofo Smile

twin turbo that shit Smiley =
bliz
Regular

September 2002

Re: How do you tell someone not to drag? Fri, 18 October 2002 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Re: How do you tell someone not to drag? Sun, 29 September 2002 03:33

I usually try and get in front of other people if I'm in the wrong lane...but one time my mate was driving after getting some extractors in on his xr8 and he tromped it at the lights to get into the other lane, and somehow his tyre popped and he ended up flipping over after hitting the gravel or something. So I dont drag or nothing no more.

One time this VR commo driver wanted to race me, but I was turning left at those lights, so I was telling him I had to turn, and he still stalled up and took off quick anyway. Maybe he thought I said 'Let's go' when I pointed left and saying 'I gotta turn here'. Or maybe he was just a typical commo driver who races anything and anyone, even pushies turning left.
[Updated on: Sun, 29 September 2002 03:36]

hahh rattle head oh my god, yep thats heaps funni dude

UNo i;m in the library now studyin and its peice n quite.. Until i read ur comment.

i can;t believe myself either. BUt i just crack up laughing.

the funniest thing i herd so far of the whole entire forum...

nice goin dude

Quote:

he thought I said 'Let's go' when I pointed left and saying 'I gotta turn here'

haha hell fuNNI...

l8ers
JIM

4a-fc engine into drags...u reakon ne chance. my 4a-fc is pretty nice n cool~
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How do you tell someone not to drag? Fri, 18 October 2002 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol I love when they are geeing me up at the lights I just give em alittle smile and as soon as the lights turn green launch them so hard it stuffs with their senses...."yes...another victom" It's great cause the cressi is so quiet at the moment i get guyz in integra's thinking they are racing a nerd in their parents car and they'll blow it away.....uuu nope Smile

ohh btw just don't take of hard!!!!!!
bliz
Regular

September 2002

Re: How do you tell someone not to drag? Sat, 19 October 2002 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha u pplz lurve draggin dun u all....waste of da dam petrol man...
my 4a-fc engine uses about $30 a weeK.........shit man..dats heaps uno

l8ers all
jim
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: How do you tell someone not to drag? Fri, 25 October 2002 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What colour was this Festiva Martin??? And what colour "P" plates???
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How do you tell someone not to drag? Fri, 25 October 2002 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How do you tell someone not to drag?

i find that if you dont lauch it or go flat stick that seems to work pretty well
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: How do you tell someone not to drag? Fri, 25 October 2002 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Think i said this to you already Ben but gee your testing my memory think it was a green colour. Very Happy

but coming home from the Motorshow was fun, some guy in a rolla was cruiseing along i pulled out onto the road and he floored it so i did as well and went past him Very Happy CELICA power Laughing
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How do you tell someone not to drag? Sun, 27 October 2002 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you sure the guy wasnt just trying to make a left turn up ahead 150m down the road? seems like he gave all the indications of not wanting to drag Laughing
mc1j
Regular

November 2002
Re: How do you tell someone not to drag? Wed, 13 November 2002 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After owning a 4wd laser, I was ADDICTED to 4wd DUMPIES,U know when a motorbike pulls up in between the first two cars at a set of lights ( and ur 1 of them), I used to beep the horn ,point at them, 7000 rpm and let the clutch dump as hard as it can , Not many moto riders can take off this quick and it shits them to tears, so if u have a gt4 give it a go...
CBR600's were my favourite the laser would take them to the end.. Motorbikes are fast, the people that ride them are not!!
AE86
Regular

May 2002

Re: How do you tell someone not to drag? Wed, 04 December 2002 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As the lights for the other traffic goes yellow, wind down the passenger window and tell the dude his car is on fire, then take off.
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How do you tell someone not to drag? Sat, 07 December 2002 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LMFAO @ AE86..thats a good one!! Very Happy
katsuchiyo
Regular

December 2002

Re: How do you tell someone not to drag? Sun, 15 December 2002 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol.. when i had my old Corolla Sedan, all the guys had pulled up behind me at the lights and we were chatting on the CB radios..
this Ford Coupe (about a 1980) pulls up alongside me, and starts revving.. the guys behind me are laughing and telling me to nail him.
I didn't want to, untill he decided that it would be really funny if his mate leans out of the window and tips his coke over the front of my car. 2 of the guys in the car behind got out and started walking up to the car as the lights went green and i decided to show him how weak his car was.. the only difference was in the corner that we were coming up to, His concept of turning was a handbrake, mine was a 180kph drift, straight through on the inside of his car.

Wiped the grin off his face and his mates face too!
Had to take the car and wassh it before the coke stuck..
but all ended in a toyota Victory..

hehehe..
thats my old war story..
we had a discussion about the old times about 2 hours ago.. it was brought up, so i thought i might pass it about on here Smile

Katsuchiyo
Remedy
Regular

August 2002

Re: How do you tell someone not to drag? Fri, 27 December 2002 23:34 Go to previous message
180km/h drift in an old corolla Laughing Laughing Laughing

You post the funniest stuff. Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:the ma61 1jz-gte gets beaten
Next Topic:Flying brake pads .. NOT HAPPY!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 08:28:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061159133911133 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.