Toymods » Members Rides » Project Decade - GA61 Celica XX

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Exhaust and intercooler Thu, 23 December 2004 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good on ya Nathan - its getting there now! Smile

I don't mind the cannon muffler.. tucked under, very stealth..
or maybe I'm just partial to some good rice?! Razz Hey.. lets face it, we've all seen worse! hehe

This Cressi lip on the Mk2 you talk of, have any pics of it done on other mk2s? or anyone else can post a pic.. I'm curious to know what you're talking about, can't picture it.

Nath, I'll also have to come over and view this in person sometime so I can see how the 'cooler piping runs so I can compare with my front end.

Cheers
Damo
TRD 83
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Exhaust and intercooler Thu, 23 December 2004 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slowly but surely. It's taking forever, ah well. At least it's starting to look a bit more complete than it has for....over a year! Laughing Cooler piping was a bit of a pain due to so much shit being in the front of the car.

The lip looks like this:
http://www.oz-enet.com.au/~peewee/15inch_rims_2.jpg
Hopefully it will cover at least a little bit of it.

As for the cannon, I knew everyone would have a sad (haha, bar you Damo). It'll look better once the restrictor is removed, hopefully the 1G is quiet enough for me to do so.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Exhaust and intercooler Thu, 23 December 2004 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OH MA GHOD!

ur c00l3r is HEKTIK!

you will need to take it to freo bro!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Exhaust and intercooler Thu, 23 December 2004 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why would I take it to Freo? If I wanted to do bog laps I'd take it to Scabs.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Exhaust and intercooler Thu, 23 December 2004 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is a 450X300X76mm cooler right?

I agree that there is heaps of room in there. I have just finished doing half of my cooler pipes and if I had that much room lengthwise I would be laughing! Razz

I like the exhaust also. All lookin' good!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Exhaust and intercooler Thu, 23 December 2004 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Thu, 23 December 2004 21:21

that is a 450X300X76mm cooler right?

Indeed.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - New brake stuff Wed, 29 December 2004 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, picked up the brake stuff, man its cool.
http://iamfrank.ath.cx/brakes/images/29122004%20001.jpg

From left to right:
- O-rings for calipers
- Caliper spacers - These sit the caliper in the right position for the disc.
- Rebuild kit for calipers
- Wheel bearings
- Centreing rings - These take up the difference between the centre of the hub and the centrebore of the Z32 disc.
- Longer wheel studs
- New hub seals
- EBC Greenstuff pads
- RDA rotor for Z32 300ZX 280mmx30mm

Only thing missing from there is my calipers sitting at the workshop. Last thing to be done is to have the rotors redrilled for 4-stud.

New disc:
http://iamfrank.ath.cx/brakes/images/29122004%20002.jpg

Wheel studs new vs old:
http://iamfrank.ath.cx/brakes/images/29122004%20003.jpg
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: JCMF's Celica XX - New brake stuff Wed, 29 December 2004 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looking good there.

I'm getting itching to get mine going and got a couple of presents in the mail last night Very Happy , so now have to get cracking again

Make sure we see pics installed Razz
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - New brake stuff Thu, 30 December 2004 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will take some pics. I need to get the rotors redrilled now, then I can bolt it all together. At the moment I'm in the process of cleaning up all the hubs before I put the new studs and the centreing ring on.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - New brake stuff Thu, 30 December 2004 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Started mucking around with the brake stuff now.

-Removed the studs, then cleaned them up and painted them.
-After the paint dried, I chucked the hubs in some plastic bags in the freezer.
-Chucked the rings in the oven at 300 degrees celcius to heat them up.
-As the hub was exposed to room temperature, it started crystalising slightly on the outside, man it looked cool Smile
-Got some tongs and slipped the hot ring over the frozen hub. Within about 30 seconds the ring had cooled down and was wedged on WELL tight.
-More freezing, the second one did it even better Very Happy
-I tapped the new stud in slightly, then used these tools to tighten the nut and pull the stud into the hub.
-The next couple of photos are of the new stud installed.
-As I only had one stud installed, I could trial fit the disc, snug as a bug in a rug.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - New brake stuff Fri, 31 December 2004 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Helps if I include the pictures Embarassed

http://iamfrank.ath.cx/brakes2/frameset.htm
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: JCMF's Celica XX - New brake stuff Fri, 31 December 2004 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No mufflers? was going to do this on my ute too if i ever get around to finishing puttin the 1ggte in there, love to know what it sounds like, when u get it runnin Smile. Looks good Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - New brake stuff Fri, 31 December 2004 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well 1G's aren't notoriously loud, and it was partially the reason for only having a 2.5" rear section. Should be alright, fingers crossed.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: JCMF's Celica XX - New brake stuff Sun, 02 January 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well yet another happy new year to project decade.

Finished yet?

Your using the kitchen as storage for car parts again are you nathan!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - New brake stuff Mon, 03 January 2005 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, not finished at all tubby Very Happy Sorry...festively plump man.

Have to store them somewhere, it's currently a step weave and jump onto my bed Laughing
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: JCMF's Celica XX - New brake stuff Mon, 03 January 2005 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looking good there Nathan.

I even made some progress on mine last night .....
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - New brake stuff Mon, 03 January 2005 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will be good. Now I have to find someone who can get em drilled....when I have $ again Razz Stupid Christmas.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - New brake stuff Wed, 12 January 2005 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Couple more updates.

First link: http://iamfrank.ath.cx/10012005/frameset.htm

This shows the IC pipes in great detail. After trial fitting the clamps, I wasn't happy with the way there was no lip on them to clamp to, so I've sent them back to the exhaust shop to have something done about it.

Last ones were me working out which hoses I'd need to use to connect up all the heater pipes.

Second link: http://iamfrank.ath.cx/12012005/frameset.htm

Marginally more successful day. First lot are the random hoses I picked out for connecting up. Second pics are it all connected up. Started putting on panels, having doors and a quarter panel makes it look MUCH more like a car Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Starting to look like a car! Fri, 14 January 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
More progress. It has doors and guards. Excluding the power steering stuff, it is all plumbed up!

I'm excited Razz

Got a pod filter adapter, and filed the f'er out until its internal area almost matched the AFM. Got some new ducting and fittings for my power steering cooler.
http://iamfrank.ath.cx/13012005/frameset.htm

Got the IC piping back, got him to weld a lip on the edge for the clamp to bite to. A little messy, but they are noice and tight. Hacked up the factory AFM bracket to affix the new AFM in the corner of the bay. When I get my pod filter back from CrUZsida, I'll fit it and the heat shielding I have around.
http://iamfrank.ath.cx/14012005/frameset.htm
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Starting to look like a car! Tue, 25 January 2005 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And who would've thought this would happen? Smile

http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/alive4 .avi

After a bit of stuffing around, and realising that I'd connected one wire wrong, we had love Smile The sound on the recording is a bit muffled, but DAMN did it feel good to finally hear it running Nod
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: JCMF's Celica XX - It's ALIVE!!!! Tue, 25 January 2005 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FInally started!

yet to be on the road EH!

is that peewee in the whites?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - It's ALIVE!!!! Tue, 25 January 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, at that point in time I didn't give a rats that it wasn't on the road Smile After all this time, it was f'ing awesome just to hear it run.

Yep, thats Peewee.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: JCMF's Celica XX - It's ALIVE!!!! Wed, 26 January 2005 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just don't ask him about the belts.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: JCMF's Celica XX - It's ALIVE!!!! Wed, 26 January 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or why you are climbing into the cabin to 'play' with some wiring
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: JCMF's Celica XX - It's ALIVE!!!! Wed, 26 January 2005 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats just Nathan's dodgy wiring.
He had IGN+ hooked up to Start+.
So when you let go of the key, the spark dies.
So I just hooked it up to Batt+ to get it running.
And when you let go of the key, it kept running.
Needed to dive into the car to disconnect it.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - It's ALIVE!!!! Wed, 26 January 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 26 January 2005 09:55

Just don't ask him about the belts.

Details, you had a part in that too Razz

Meh, it was one wire out of all of those, not bad for a complete dunce Smile
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Starting to look like a car! Wed, 26 January 2005 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Wed, 26 January 2005 03:06

And who would've thought this would happen? Smile

http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/alive4 .avi

After a bit of stuffing around, and realising that I'd connected one wire wrong, we had love Smile The sound on the recording is a bit muffled, but DAMN did it feel good to finally hear it running Nod

that car is way too white............... im jealous Embarassed

well done d00d not too long now... Cool
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - It's ALIVE!!!! Wed, 26 January 2005 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, thanks dude. It's getting excited. Once I fix this list of little problems it has, it goes to the spray painters to be touched up, and then she gets reassembled...and caned Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - It's ALIVE!!!! Fri, 28 January 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, it sounds a bit better now all the vacuum leaks are gone, and she's freed up a bit more. Amazing that it still runs as well as it does after 2 years or more of being idle.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/engine .mp3
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - It's ALIVE!!!! Fri, 28 January 2005 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As i mentioned before
MEATY Evil or Very Mad
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - It's ALIVE!!!! Fri, 28 January 2005 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, cheers. I'll organise a better recording device next time, camera just isn't coping.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: JCMF's Celica XX - It's ALIVE!!!! Sat, 29 January 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds nice mate!

Umm, was that freerevving?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - It's ALIVE!!!! Sat, 29 January 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, basically I'm just letting it warm up and revving it up and down a bit, the longer I've been doing it, the smoother she is getting Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - It's ALIVE!!!! Mon, 14 February 2005 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Back to the spray painters for a heap of touch ups. Was like 2 pages of stuff I wasn't happy with. We shall see if he fixes them all. This will be the last out of workshop excursion *touch wood* before it gets put back together finally. ECU and battery dutifly removed from the car before she went Very Happy

Here it is waiting for the spray painter. It's amazing how massively white paint and full sun can hide a lot of the imperfections, the shadows don't though Sad
http://iamfrank.ath.cx/14022005/car.jpg

There was one minor mishap though. Everytime it's been towed it has been on the back of a flat-bed tow truck, this time there was another car there, so he went to put it on and *munch*, he underestimated how low the intercooler sits and did this:
http://iamfrank.ath.cx/14022005/munch.jpg

Ah well, doesn't look like anything really terminal was done, does mean I've gotta work out how to fix it though Sad Everything is a trial with this car, nothing goes simply.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: JCMF's Celica XX - It's ALIVE!!!! Mon, 14 February 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks great nathan-

but by golly that would piss me off about the intercooler No No No No No No

i feel for you dude. Smile
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - It's ALIVE!!!! Mon, 14 February 2005 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think every second word at that stage was f**k. We shall see how it is when I give it its first workout, I don't think it will have any trouble holding pressure, but it's going to piss me off knowing it's munted.
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - It's ALIVE!!!! Mon, 14 February 2005 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hope you used the baseball bat... if you didn't, I will.

I'm in that mood right now Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: JCMF's Celica XX - It's ALIVE!!!! Mon, 14 February 2005 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Mon, 14 February 2005 22:51

I think every second word at that stage was f**k. We shall see how it is when I give it its first workout, I don't think it will have any trouble holding pressure, but it's going to piss me off knowing it's munted.

i can completely understand that...

looking good though. glad to see you're making progress too, coming along better than my project procrastinate Laughing
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - It's ALIVE!!!! Tue, 22 February 2005 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, the last $ on the engine conversion list have been outlayed, for a grand sum of $6,023.46. If anyone tells you engine conversions are cheap, slap them around the head a few times. I've not included engineering on the list, because I've put that separate, because he'll be assessing the wheels and the brake upgrade also. There is bound to be something else, but that encompasses everything on this list:

1GGTE w/ Blitz turbos + W58 + wiring (inc. freight) $2,200.00
Heavy Duty Clutch Kit and Machined Flywheel $418.00
450x300x76mm Intercooler $389.00
Timing Belt - Toyota Genuine $75.00
5l Mobil 1 Synthetic 5w50 $50.00
4l Toyota Red Engine Coolant Concentrate $36.00
Oil Filter - Ryco Z418 AMDelco $10.00
Fuel Filter $18.49
MONZA Pod Filter $20.00
Heat-Resistant Foam - Clark Rubber $10.50
Exhaust and IC piping $1,822.50
Radiator Flush and Check $66.00
Engine/Gearbox Oil Seals $150.00
Replacement Hoses and Vacuum Lines $30.00
Spigot Bearing $4.00
2 x Cam Cover Seals $100.00
Battery $110.00
Gearbox Oil $40.00
Power Steering Fluid $6.00
6 x Spark Plugs (NGK BCPR6EP-N-8) (Denso K20PRU11) $20.00
Power Steering/Aircon/Alternator Belts $53.99
Injector Clean and Check $99.00
Power Steering Hosing $65.00
Intake Hosing w/ clamps $34.98
Bolts and Nuts for Throttle Cable $5.00
Tacho Booster $70.00
IC silicon and clamps $120.00

On a side note, discs have been redrilled, my Kings standard springs and Tokico shocks have arrived, and my wheels for the front of my car have now been ordered from C-Red Tuning.

[Updated on: Tue, 22 February 2005 12:39]

WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: JCMF's Celica XX - It's ALIVE!!!! Thu, 24 February 2005 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tokico shocks?! .. cool.. I want some too! Very Happy
Did you just order them off the net?

Damo
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - It's ALIVE!!!! Thu, 24 February 2005 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, ebay.com. Search for Tokico and Supra, pick the dude JDMWerks. Mine cost $320 to my door.
negative boost
Regular

October 2004
Re: JCMF's Celica XX - It's ALIVE!!!! Fri, 25 February 2005 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Youch! First just a big conrads on you for this car! Just read the entire thread. I got a tad bored waiting for alot of stuff to download. The work you've put into this car is just a bit aw-inspiring. The paint work espescially, stripping the whole car down and respraying it all! Shocked Wish this happened to my car!

Yes i'am another MA61 with flares Very Happy But i'am missing the "sunshade" and like it more without one now Rolling Eyes

Hope you get your intercooler fixed, thats just gotta suck. And i now how the money just dissapears... I just ordered over $700 dollars worth of panels for my car. Gunna be the start of yet another MA61 build up Twisted Evil

Awsome work on the brakes too! What you expect to be running out of the engine when she's all done?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - It's ALIVE!!!! Sat, 05 March 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
negative boost wrote on Fri, 25 February 2005 23:00

Youch! First just a big conrads on you for this car! Just read the entire thread. I got a tad bored waiting for alot of stuff to download. The work you've put into this car is just a bit aw-inspiring. The paint work espescially, stripping the whole car down and respraying it all! Shocked Wish this happened to my car!

Unfortunately, I wish it could just happen, it's been a MASSIVE learning curve. I just want the body side of it to be OVER! Crying or Very Sad

Hope you get your intercooler fixed, thats just gotta suck. And i now how the money just dissapears... I just ordered over $700 dollars worth of panels for my car. Gunna be the start of yet another MA61 build up Twisted Evil

We'll see with the intercooler, it's a PITA to remove Razz Man I'm lazy.

Awsome work on the brakes too! What you expect to be running out of the engine when she's all done?

Brakes should be good. As for engine, I'm looking for around the 140-150rwkw mark when it's all together, chasing the 180-200rwkw mark when boosted with a new ECU. Time will tell.
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: JCMF's Celica XX - It's ALIVE!!!! Sun, 06 March 2005 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds fukin sweet man Twisted Evil

should look awesome when its finished too Smile

brett
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - It's ALIVE!!!! Wed, 16 March 2005 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks man, didn't realise I had a reply Smile

Had some new additions to the baby.

http://iamfrank.ath.cx/16032005/images/IMGP0537.jp g - New Stereo Wiring and...
http://iamfrank.ath.cx/16032005/images/IMGP0539.jp g - ...New Terminals etc.
Massif props to teh Witzl for his assistance.

And FINALLY the car has a windscreen:
http://iamfrank.ath.cx/16032005/images/IMGP0542.jp g
It's got the newer aftermarket type of "seal" around the outside of it, has a slight greenish tinge from the tint in the glass and the darker blue strip along the top. And best of all, it's nice to look out of the windscreen and not see that "sand-blasted" effect I've had with every one I've driven Laughing

Alarm is almost in too, and the wiring has been/is being tidied up. Tacho booster works a gem and is being finally wired tomorrow, and will reside where the factory "amplifier" was.

Slowly but surely, things are happening. Tomorrow I should have the heater/fan working AOK and things a bit more back together.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: JCMF's Celica XX - It's ALIVE!!!! Wed, 16 March 2005 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spend your money making it move, not sounding loud.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - It's ALIVE!!!! Wed, 16 March 2005 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, it does move. Seriously though, I wanna get all the wiring and cabling run before the carpets go in.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - It's ALIVE!!!! Thu, 17 March 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man that stuff is a tight fit into a 3kg express post bag....

ahh, this makes me want to get started on the '28 again. Man i have a big job ahead of me with that car, so many things to do, so little money to do it with. I should probably start by getting a running engine first!!
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: JCMF's Celica XX - It's ALIVE!!!! Wed, 23 March 2005 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Thu, 17 March 2005 06:02

spend your money making it move, not sounding loud.

Whats wrong with doing both?! Very Happy

Good thinking running all the wiring first.. PITA if you have to change anything tho.. Confused

Damo
TRD 83
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Tue, 05 April 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Progress and as with everything to do with this car, slow progress.

Brakes have been rebuilt, just need to be arsed to put the studs in the hubs and we have bolt-up action.
http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/calipers.jpg Nice and blue with the Nissan logo convieniently missing.

Seats came back from the trimmers today. They did an awesome job, I highly recommend McCarroll Motor Trimmers in Osborne Park. They rebuilt my seats with new foam, and built out the "wings" and the thigh support. So much comfier and so much more supportive now.
http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/trimmers/trimmers1.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/trimmers/trimmers2.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/trimmers/trimmers3.jpg

He also did my gearstick boot, that came up nice as well:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/trimmers/trimmers4.jpg

Was a bit of a debarcle with the wheels. While a particular wheel supplier kept stuffing me around and not getting back to me, Buddy Club went bust. Therefore, no front wheels for me. I managed to pick up some used P1's in the 16x7.5" size I wanted. They are a +32mm offset, which with the brake conversion comes in at +24mm. Should be alright though, fingers crossed they fit, will check before I get them repaired and have them powdercoated to match the titanium silver rears. They are white currently.

The carpet is partially in, and the alarm is all wired, so there has been some progress. Not as much as I'd like, but some is better than none.

Until next time... Very Happy

[Updated on: Tue, 05 April 2005 12:50]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Tue, 05 April 2005 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, and the fabric on the centre sections isn't what it looks like there, it's not a solid silver. It's a little darker than it looks, and it looks like this:
http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/trimmers/trimmers5.jpg

...and yes it's not rough, it's comfy Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 05 April 2005 12:56]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Tue, 05 April 2005 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet
spectre
Regular

July 2004
Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Tue, 05 April 2005 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just curious as to how much it was to get the fron seats done? Im looking at getting my rear seats redone in the near future... Also, did they make that gear boot from scratch? How much $$?

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Tue, 05 April 2005 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't know how much for the front seats specifically. Cost me $1100 for both front and back seats, and redoing the gearstick boot. It was extra because he built the seats out deeper. He said he usually charges around $30-40 for the boot, I just gave him the old one, he unpicked it and make a template, then he even sewed it back together for me because Peewee wanted it Very Happy
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Wed, 06 April 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Woot, and in my e-mail I got some pics of my "new" wheels.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/justcallmefrank/buddy club 1.jpg
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Wed, 06 April 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Wed, 06 April 2005 07:56

...he even sewed it back together for me because Peewee wanted it Very Happy

Damn straight nigga.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Wed, 06 April 2005 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd say looking good, but I can't see the pics at work (banned site Mad ).

Can you email them to me, as retrimming the old seats looks more likely, and I'd be interested to see yours

michael.bachmann@gm.com
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Wed, 06 April 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dam it! - you're doing everything properly - and you're still two steps ahead of me?! how?! Confused

anyway - thanks for retriming my seats..
I mean they are for my car right? Thats exactly how I want my seats done you copy cat! hahaha
I think our cars are gonna look very much similar when they are done, just different engines! Smile

Oh well - you can't help good taste! Very Happy

Damo
TRD 83
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Wed, 06 April 2005 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, they'll be real similar, only one will be faster Wink When you going to cough up the dosh and put the 7M in? I expect yours to be finished the same time as mine.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: JCMF's Celica XX - Slowly getting there Wed, 06 April 2005 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
WA_TRD_83 wrote on Wed, 06 April 2005 13:35

dam it! - you're doing everything properly - and you're still two steps ahead of me?! how?! Confused

anyway - thanks for retriming my seats..
I mean they are for my car right? Thats exactly how I want my seats done you copy cat! hahaha
I think our cars are gonna look very much similar when they are done, just different engines! Smile

Oh well - you can't help good taste! Very Happy

Damo
TRD 83

if he is ahead of you.. and stays ahead of you.... then you sir are going to be waiting like 4 yrs before u even drive ur car Razz
Pages (6): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MR 1JZ's new tow car - UCF11 Celsior
Next Topic:Wilbo's JZA61
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 12:38:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.014033079147339 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.