Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mtsbirch
Regular

October 2002
73 Celica ST Performance parts Sat, 07 December 2002 17:12 Go to next message
I am having trouble finding performance parts for my 73 Celica.

I want to change the stock rubber suspension bushings (which disintegrated long ago) to polyurethane bushings. I can't find a manufacturer who makes these bushings for my year. Is there a kit for another car that will fit mine?

I'm also looking at my cam options for the 18R and it seems there are none. Am I limited to a regrind of my stock cam?

Confused
  Send a private message to this user    
mtsbirch
Regular

October 2002
Re: 73 Celica ST Performance parts Sat, 07 December 2002 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I almost forgot the metal head gasket. Is it possible to make my own? I want to junkyard turbo my 18R and haven't found a company that makes metal head gaskets.
cam_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
haha, funny little head!
Re: 73 Celica ST Performance parts Sat, 07 December 2002 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
First of all do you have the 18RG or 18RC? From the way you were talking in the first post I suspect you only have an 18RC. Anyhow if you have the 18RC the best and cheapest thing you can do in the long run is scrap it and get an 18RG or even a 2TG. Either of these engines will have a decent amount more power than the 18RC and can be got in fuel injected versions so a turbo is a good possibility.
mtsbirch
Regular

October 2002
Re: 73 Celica ST Performance parts Sun, 08 December 2002 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would love to get an 18-RG but they're not easy to get here. Also, I just rebuilt the bottom end of my RC so I would rather get an RG top end if I could find one. As far as I know they both use the same block so if you know where I could get an RG top end...
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 73 Celica ST Performance parts Sun, 08 December 2002 06:44 Go to previous message
Going by previous posts on this forum regarding the same thing, it's apparently not worth swapping heads, there's that many little things that need to be changed you're better off finding a whole motor.
As for polyurethane bushes, there's a place here in Oz called Noltec that actually sponsor Toymods, & with a 25% discount I'm sure it'd be worth becoming our first international member! Smile

Here's a link to their website with complete parts listing for all their cars, including early celicas. Smile
http://www.noltec.com.au/
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Oil Cooler?
Next Topic:MA61 fuel pump?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 04:12:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040011405944824 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.