Toymods » Tech & Conversions » hilux conversion from petrol to diesel

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mango
Newcomer

April 2005
hilux conversion from petrol to diesel Wed, 06 April 2005 01:05 Go to next message
hi all.

i have 2 hilux 2x4 utes.
1 is a 11/1989. model no is YN85R-TRKRSQ powered by 2Y motor,manuel gear box and duel fuel.

the other is a 4/1986. model LN56R-PQR powered by a 2L diesel motor an auto gear box with overdrive.

what i wish to do is replace the diesel eng and auto g/box into the 1989 hilux.

if anyone has had any experience in doing this your replies would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,

mango.
  Send a private message to this user    
lowrlux
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: hilux conversion from petrol to diesel Wed, 06 April 2005 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not sure if you can transplant a motor from an older car into a newer car. Emissions regulations etc

Anyone else?

81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
Re: hilux conversion from petrol to diesel Wed, 06 April 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
same thoughts here best bet ring an engineer in your state and they will be able to tell you...
mango
Newcomer

April 2005
Re: hilux conversion from petrol to diesel Wed, 06 April 2005 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
81LOWLUX wrote on Wed, 06 April 2005 12:00

same thoughts here best bet ring an engineer in your state and they will be able to tell you...

as both these models were sold with diesel motors and auto g/boxes i am not sure an engineers certificate is needed.

what i am after is if engine mounts an g/box mounts are the same,
and any info on the wireing that you all might have available.

or would it be easier to swap the shed from one to the other?

thnx,

mango.
81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
Re: hilux conversion from petrol to diesel Wed, 06 April 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All i meant is he will tell you if you can legaly put a motor of that age into a newer car due to the emition regulations. Why not see if someone will swap the old hilux for the correct diesel conversion for your newer hilux? Just a thought hope this helps Smile
mango
Newcomer

April 2005
Re: hilux conversion from petrol to diesel Wed, 06 April 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
81LOWLUX wrote on Wed, 06 April 2005 16:11

All i meant is he will tell you if you can legaly put a motor of that age into a newer car due to the emition regulations. Why not see if someone will swap the old hilux for the correct diesel conversion for your newer hilux? Just a thought hope this helps Smile

ok guys thanx for the replies,

mango.
81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
Re: hilux conversion from petrol to diesel Wed, 06 April 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good luck with it let us know what u do
cambelt
Regular

June 2003
Re: hilux conversion from petrol to diesel Wed, 06 April 2005 15:23 Go to previous message
unfortunatly the y series mounts or at least 1 of them needs 2 b cut off the chassis and moved 2 fit a L series diesel
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:72 Corolla wagon, back up light
Next Topic:Install of shift light in a Sprinter (4ac)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 19:15:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0089781284332275 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.