Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
vex_aw11
Newcomer

February 2005
icon5.gif  Best place for halfcuts Wed, 06 April 2005 07:21 Go to next message
just wondering where the best place to get a halfcut with either a 4a-ge or 4agze would be.

thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Best place for halfcuts Wed, 06 April 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well mate if you were in newcastle I know of a couple of aw11 ZE rear cuts. I think postage to Darwin would be a little pricey though!!

If you are really keen for them I can get the details for you
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Best place for halfcuts Wed, 06 April 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
search the tech and conversions section for "teh list"

VERY comprehesive list of all the half cut dealers around.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Best place for halfcuts Wed, 06 April 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try ....
http://ads.s67.net/adimage.php?filename=cvap.gif&contenttype=gif
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Best place for halfcuts Thu, 07 April 2005 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just curious fella's, whats the usual upgrade path for a standard 88 MR2 with an 86kw 4age engine.

What i ment by standard upgrade path is whats the easiest/usual engine upgrade? is it just a 89 4agze mr2 halfcut bolt in conversion? or is it quite easy to pick up a 20v 4age and put that straight in without to much trouble?

I guess to put it in simple terms whats the (aw11) mr2 upgrade equivalent to an MA70 to JZA70 conversion (ie easy to do)
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Best place for halfcuts Thu, 07 April 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The GZE conversion using an AW11 GZE halfcut is a bolt in other than the gearbox mount needing to be modified.

I can't say I'd advise doing it though. I mean why would anyone choose to do a conversion to something the factory already made? Isn't the idea for a conversion to make something out of the ordinary and better than what the factory made?

Maybe that's just me.

You could go for the GZE swap and then start practicing your fabrication skills because it won't be long until you'll want to get rid of that supercharger for a turbo.
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Best place for halfcuts Thu, 07 April 2005 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes thats just you josh. Smile

"I can't say I'd advise doing it though. I mean why would anyone choose to do a conversion to something the factory already made? Isn't the idea for a conversion to make something out of the ordinary and better than what the factory made?"

Well it's not my car, and i'm not doing it, but why wouldn't anyone want to do it? it's a cheaper way to get more power then a more DIY conversion involving heaps of hurdles to overcome and extra expenses. and besides i like the idea that toyota did all the hard work for me and i trust there engineering is dam fine even if only stock. 86kw 4age to a 100kw or GZE is a nice upgrade for the mr2 if you ask me.

And also for someone that has never done a conversion before wouldn't you think it's better to start out with something easier like this instead of jumping straight into full on conversion involving aftermarket ECU, all sorts of fabrication and shoehorning in a big turbo, intercooler and piping etc.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: Best place for halfcuts Thu, 07 April 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree with Josh.
The imported supercharged jobbies tend to go for the same price or less than the Aussie delivered NA ones.
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Best place for halfcuts Thu, 07 April 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i disagree.

If you already have an 86kw mr2, and you just want abit more power....
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: Best place for halfcuts Thu, 07 April 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
?

Why not sell yours, buy a factory supercharged one and save yourself 2-3 grand?

unless you're emotionally attached of course.
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Best place for halfcuts Thu, 07 April 2005 04:27 Go to previous message
As in my above post:

"Well it's not my car, and i'm not doing it"

I am getting info for my cousin who owns the MR2. Not me, i will stick with supra thanx :)-
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:interor parts from importers
Next Topic:What Car Would You Never Modify ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:21:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0040359497070312 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.