Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » getting shafted on ebay.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
getting shafted on ebay. Tue, 05 April 2005 06:56 Go to next message
well not completely yet, heres the story.

won an item on ebay for US$11.99, shipping $25.99. paid this amount via money order, but then i realised this was for shipping in US only, so i emailed and asked what was the correct total.
they reply saying total should have been US$57.05 (shipping $45.06) i think bummer, not as cheap as i thought but still cheap so i email saying ok shall i pay the rest by money order again for the difference.
i get an email saying the total is US$94.71 (shipping $82.72), no mention of the previous total they gave me, just saying thats the total. WTF???

so what do i do? they gave me a total, then changed it no mention of the previous total. they take fuken ages to reply to emails so the process is slow. can i email ebay forwarding them my emails from the seller and get some satisfaction? i still want the item, just not the inflated shipping cost the keep changing. and they already got $37 off me. what do i do?
  Send a private message to this user    
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: getting shafted on ebay. Tue, 05 April 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
send them an email asking what happened to the first total, if they aint hapy, get a refund.

Eldar.O.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: getting shafted on ebay. Tue, 05 April 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have, i just dont expect a reply any time soon, they are damn slow. the thing is what if they say no to a refund? how am i gonna do anything when they are in the US? id also lose my $8 money order fee even if i got a refund, which is spose is better than nothing.

[Updated on: Tue, 05 April 2005 07:00]

river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: getting shafted on ebay. Tue, 05 April 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Got the the eBay home page and report this seller to them. They're cracking down on shifty shipping costs to non-US countries.

Also, send an email to the seller and tell them that you're escalating the issue to eBay.

There are some absolute assholes in eBay and I always check their feedback rating before I commit to sending them money - especially if they're not in Australia. Furthermore, I use PayPal now, which gives me extra protection 'cos if I'm stuffed about I also inform PayPal (yes, they're a subsuidary of eBay now, but they have their own investigations) and you can check on your PayPal account if the the money had been accepted.

When sending money-orders make sure you send them registered so you can verify the recipient got the money.

Failing all of that, you send a poor feedback for that seller and let everyone else know that they're slow, unresponsive, fail to effectively communicate shipping costs and to be very wary when dealing with this particular person.

seeyuzz
river
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: getting shafted on ebay. Tue, 05 April 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to www.usps.com and find out how much it estimates postage to be.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: getting shafted on ebay. Tue, 05 April 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill wait till i get their next email and go from there. i was always a bit sceptical about buying from over seas. but their feedback seemed ok:
Feedback Score: 97090
Positive Feedback: 97.2%
my feedback is like 11 at 100% so if i give them bad feedback and they do the same to me its gonna make more of an impact on me.

cruzsida, i went to that site, estimate is around US$30 as opposed to $82. even the express one is $72 for 2-3 days!

ill see what they say in the next email, if i get no satisfaction, ill threaten to complain, if that doesnt work, i guess ill compain and demand my money back Sad

EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: getting shafted on ebay. Tue, 05 April 2005 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is the member
Member Profile: procarparts.com (97090)
Ratings:

positive 31970

neutral 705

negative 857

they sell alot of stock, i spose thats why they are slow to reply and have short responses. thats alot of positive but still nearly a thousand unhappy ppl like me.

rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: getting shafted on ebay. Tue, 05 April 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is why i only deal within australia Surprised
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: getting shafted on ebay. Tue, 05 April 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I bought strut bars from america, didnt have many problems, other than, cutoms thinking there was 1 bar instead of 8 Confused .
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: getting shafted on ebay. Tue, 05 April 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
turn your nose up at them.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: getting shafted on ebay. Tue, 05 April 2005 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah but they got US$37 of my money, which is a lot to a povo apprentice!
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: getting shafted on ebay. Tue, 05 April 2005 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you have a email from them stating the first price, tell them to stick with it or refund you money and if they don't, send it to ebay.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: getting shafted on ebay. Wed, 06 April 2005 09:11 Go to previous message
no worries, still waiting on a reply from the other day Confused ill tell them that and forward the email to ebay cause i woulda rathered pay extra for the item in aus then wait fukin ages to save a few dollars.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Signature Quote
Next Topic:wanted baby blue sprinter with mismatched panels
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 08:24:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053579807281494 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.