Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
lowering my ra23 Wed, 06 April 2005 09:20 Go to next message
hey guys and gals,
im looking at lowering my ra23. i was thinking of "super low" king springs but i am told that they only come in "low" for my year model, this is a shame because i have a mate that works at repco and they were going to be trade price.
does anyone have pictures of an ra23 celica with "low" king springs fitted?
or
some suggestions on a cheap alternative of lowering? (*with out cutting springs*)
thanks in advance
BOCKA
  Send a private message to this user    
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: lowering my ra23 Wed, 06 April 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've heard some bad stories about king spring super lows, and none of them are a problem of the manufacturer. They state clearly that they are for cosmetic puposes only and should not be used on the street.

Are you looking for actual performance or cosmetics? That being said, I don't really think you need to lower an RA23 more than 1-2 inches for them to look good, you're better off finding a nice set of wheels that fill out your guards nicely and give it that old school tough look.

Just my 2cents
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: lowering my ra23 Wed, 06 April 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agreed in full
im trying to get some 14" dragways at the moment to fill out the gaurds and some "low" king springs will drop it 40mm, i just hope thats enough. iam going for the old school "tough look" but just wondering how low i will need it to achieve it. thansk for reply
BOCKA
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: lowering my ra23 Wed, 06 April 2005 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cut
M.W.P.
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: lowering my ra23 Wed, 06 April 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go any lower than king lows and youll end up riding on the bumpstops = you crash.

There is a good reason why they say super lows are only for show use.

The only safe way to go lower is to cut your struts down.

[Updated on: Wed, 06 April 2005 11:03]

ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: lowering my ra23 Wed, 06 April 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who said "cut" ????? Shocked Mad Laughing

If you are looking for more than just show in your springs choice, then look at Lovells springs. They lower about 35 - 38 mm and work exceptionally well when combined with Koni's, which is what I now have on my RA23.

Don't forget an adjustable panhard rod when you lower the car. Whiteline sell these.

Cheers,
Mitch.
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: lowering my ra23 Wed, 06 April 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M.W.P. use of "super lows" is not as bad as the case your putting forward. i have had them in cars before and they performed well for street use both cosmetically and performance wise,and they made byron bay hills alot more fun to drive through.
BOCKA
devolutio
Regular

October 2004
Re: lowering my ra23 Wed, 06 April 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm sorry
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: lowering my ra23 Wed, 06 April 2005 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey bocka show us ya ra23! they r so sexy
badboybubby
Regular

On Probation

March 2004
Re: lowering my ra23 Thu, 07 April 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im looking for a set all round of kings as well If you wanna do a group buy dont think id go superlow though country roads Shocked
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon13.gif  Re: lowering my ra23 Thu, 07 April 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i doubt superlows would be captive either.. this is bad Crying or Very Sad
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: lowering my ra23 Thu, 07 April 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the lows are _just_ captive in a celica

even then they dont offer much travel

as for super lows well as KING say they are not for street use.

anyone saying superlows make the car better please look at the relativity of the situation, most times the superlows are replacing shagged out 20-30yr old standard suspension meaning any upgrade, even the wrong upgrade like superlows and monroe shocks (for example) is going to make a difference for the better.

Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: lowering my ra23 Thu, 07 April 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is nothing wrong with king spring super lows, i have them installed in my honda and the ride is not any more harsh that wat it was with stock springs, the car sits 10 times better and yes it also handles 10 times better due to the drastically reduced body roll.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: lowering my ra23 Thu, 07 April 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what model honda?
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: lowering my ra23 Thu, 07 April 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it a Honda "Pree-lude"? Laughing

In my RA28, i have found that my "unknown" green springs at the front are UBER harsh. They are NOT captive, extremely low and make an uberharsh DOOORIFTO style ride. I have driven far better suspension setups such as a simple combo of KYB shocks and King low springs.

FWIW - i will be moving over to the IMPORTBITZ coil-over weld-in sleeves on my RA28, combined with my fancy Koni red inserts (if i can keep em).
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: lowering my ra23 Thu, 07 April 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a mate of mine had ultra lows on his vn, needless to say, he made it look like shit, handled well i guess...

considering he got the thing for $3500, and sold it for $7400, someone thought it looked good...

Eldar.O.
jeffro RA28
Regular

August 2004
Re: lowering my ra23 Thu, 07 April 2005 08:16 Go to previous message
Heh Hem, How about airbags? Offers a cruisy ride(not performance) when they are pumped up and when u wanna look low, u flick a switch. BTW not very appropriate if u have a tight budget.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:what 1g sump is this?!?!
Next Topic:1ggte instal
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 19:36:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0077910423278809 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.