Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
dan_dhk
Newcomer

April 2005
cry for help Wed, 06 April 2005 11:21 Go to next message
hey folks

i think i've been on this board before, but i dont remember the username or password. anyways.

i'm from adelaide. i have (or had) a nice (well, i think so anyway Very Happy ) yellow sprinter... some of you may have seen it around the place... sort of a mustard sorta yellow, 15" simmons deep dish rims, exhaust, front lip....... anyways

(seems the story has gotten around adelaide a bit but i'll say it anyway)

i was out driving one night about a month and a half ago and my rear right tire blew whilst i was going round a fairly shallow corner... (no, i wasnt trying to drift! Wink there's a massive cliff around that part and i'd kill myself if i screwed it up...). i ended up sideways, and hitting a guard rail front on.

pics: http://home.iprimus.com.au/theherbs/hachi/

anyways, insurance said it was fixable, but refused to go higher than 3000 on the agreed value when the policy was started... (god knows why i agreed with that....) but anyway.. they said that it is fixable, but will be up on 5g, maybe even more... therefore, in their books, it's a write off.

the story gets better.... while it was in the towing yard, somebody ripped a whole lotta the cars in there... as a result i've had my 5" autometer tacho, sony stereo and speakers stolen... due to the yard doing police crap, etc, i've only just got the car back: about a month and a half later.

so anyway... long story short.

this sprinter is dedicated to track now. i'm determined to get this thing goin again, and bigger and better than ever.

firstly, i'm looking for help. i dont have a huge amount of money now... as it is, i've spent about 14grand building it from the ground up...

the sorta help i'm looking for is:

• numbers of contacts re panel work, panels, **frame repair**

• the radiator mount and that sorta gear needs replacing/repairing... it's fair bent
    • perhaps people willing to do or help with the above themself?

• any available spare parts

• raditator and fan
    • various piping
    • anything in the front region of the car really....

• contacts or links to a different engine and/or performance parts (not important, moreso for things further down the track, or worth doing at the same time as repairing...)

• i currently have the blue/black top 4age, but with an aftermarket ecu... i'm aiming for a 20v/4agze with turbo (long ways down track)
    • gearbox/clutch
    • etc

• anything else anyone can help with or is willing to offer
    [/LIST]

this is my second sprinter, and i have a whole lotta parts left over from salvaging the first one (a red one that got t-boned).

parts i DO have in relation to the front of the car:

• headlights
    • front and rear bumpers
    • blinkers
    • front left quater panel (or is it right, i dont remember)
    • bonnet
    • grill
    • various other bits and pieces...

if anyone is able to help or offer advice in any way at all, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

- dan

Send a private message to this user    
dan_dhk
Newcomer

April 2005
Re: cry for help Wed, 06 April 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry about the formatting, seems the forum doesnt support nested lists too well......

where it says [ / LIST ] it's sposed to go back to the far left like at the beginning...
Ko Ko
Regular

May 2003
Re: cry for help Wed, 06 April 2005 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey dude,
Sorry to hear about your car. Well I would help but I am in Sydney and would love to give you a helping hand. IN my opinion the cheapest way to fix your car is to find some people on the forums here and get all the parts needed to fix your car like all the panels which I have seen you already got. Im sure you could get your car fixed under 3000 if you knew the right people. There are heaps of people who own sprinters in adelaide who could give you a lending hand.
Sorry I couldnt be of any decent help
Good luck with it
dan_dhk
Newcomer

April 2005
Re: cry for help Wed, 06 April 2005 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Smile

you're intention is enough!

thanks for the 'good luck'
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: cry for help Wed, 06 April 2005 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi dan, you got pm...
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: cry for help Thu, 07 April 2005 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tuff brake dude...
hope it all turns out well. i guess we'll b hearing more from u
dan_dhk
Newcomer

April 2005
Re: cry for help Thu, 07 April 2005 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
long run, it will turn out well. it WILL run again! Smile

well, that's the dream anyway

thanks for your responses people

Very Happy

(Rob, cheers)
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: cry for help Thu, 07 April 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dan_dhk wrote on Wed, 06 April 2005 19:21

i was out driving one night about a month and a half ago and my rear right tire blew whilst i was going round a fairly shallow corner... (no, i wasnt trying to drift! Wink there's a massive cliff around that part and i'd kill myself if i screwed it up...). i ended up sideways, and hitting a guard rail front on.

tsk tsk.. you were doing the mt lofty backroad descent weren't you.. Laughing
Indi
Regular

December 2004
Re: cry for help Thu, 07 April 2005 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When someone ran into my Sprinter it looked like this...

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~indimc/mypic46.jpg

You cant tell from the pic but the radiator upper support and vertical support was pretty bent and there was a big dent in the lower crossmember too. I fixed most of it myself with a lot of help from my brother.

It was written off but I bought it back off the insurance agency by way of a reduced payout. They estimated $4,500 to fix it but it only cost me $1,250.
dan_dhk
Newcomer

April 2005
Re: cry for help Thu, 07 April 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha

yeah. i was up that way! it happened on the upper part of main road ... up near the cherry garderns road intersection... is that the actual name of the road? i dont remember. Very Happy

indi... sounds very much like what is the case with me... your car looks just a bit better off tho... Wink i know outside appearance means nothing tho... Smile

i followed the same path as well... reduced payout.

i may be able to get some more photos with the hood up so that people can see, ... the frame at teh front is fair mashed...

hrm
81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
Re: cry for help Thu, 07 April 2005 07:06 Go to previous message
has someone got a half cut or a written off (rear) sprinter they can sell him? some one should have something for you,good luck fixing it Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Best CA20E motor?
Next Topic:whats a good and CHEAP exhaust shop in perth??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 08:26:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0080258846282959 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.