Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Corona DRIFT!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Rona_Drifter
Regular

March 2005
icon10.gif  Corona DRIFT!! Wed, 06 April 2005 12:12 Go to next message
Some of you have seen a corona drift or heard of it, but I thought i would share a few photos I've had for a while, these are pictures of a Toyota corona 1984 CS Simply drifting, out sideways, hangin it out... what ever you like to call it. Mods include a 2 1/2 inch exhaust, ARC welded diff centre, Stiff torana springs, Rear wing and a front scoop.

On the dyno that day(at power cruise 2004) it ran a whopping 74hp!! Shocked

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/dronekdaman/rona.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/dronekdaman/rona2.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/dronekdaman/rona3.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 06 April 2005 12:40]

Send a private message to this user    
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Wed, 06 April 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh pics dont work for me!!!
sounds cool but.
duff_boy
Regular

January 2005
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Wed, 06 April 2005 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice wing Razz
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Corona DRIFT!! Wed, 06 April 2005 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
more then enough proof that drift is on par with figure skating as a "judged" sport
LAME
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Wed, 06 April 2005 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked No shit dude that is some of the best drifting Rex has ever seen.

He suggests you should keep it up!!!

Get Video too, Go the corona!!!

RAD!!!
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Wed, 06 April 2005 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HA HA that is awesome.. Very Happy
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Wed, 06 April 2005 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now i know why my corona didnt drift. i didnt have a T wing Sad

its pretty obvious the thing is a send up. look at the stickers on the front and back windows

FULLY SICK.................PIECE OF SHIT

hahahahaha whats even funnier is rona_drifter thinks this thing is coool...

[Updated on: Wed, 06 April 2005 14:37]

ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Wed, 06 April 2005 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its like so bogan I can't even think straight.... almost feel the urge for flannel, a blue singlet and a VB Confused
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Wed, 06 April 2005 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tell me its got a 302 Cleveland in it, and your journey toward the bogan side will be complete.
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Corona DRIFT!! Wed, 06 April 2005 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just fell of my seat Razz

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Wed, 06 April 2005 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so your drifting a 2sc come on at least use a 22re,
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Wed, 06 April 2005 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has anyone ever heard of “if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all”?

The looks are a bit different but who really cares what it looks like. Looks like some good drift to me Smile
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Wed, 06 April 2005 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes he has achieved some pretty good angles but no smoke hence the need for the 22re. Corona's are very easy to get sideways because of their lack of rear traction, so even with a lack of power they can be lots of fun. The 22re makes an even better proposition cos of it low down torque and lots of it meaning that even at low engine speeds wheel spin can be easily generated. The guys in the white celica that followed me to the robertson pie shop were witness to this. 15kmph taken in second gear and even without provoking the back was steeping out and wheels starting to spin.
Its cheap fun no different really to the guys running the r31s. Think about it even if you have a crash spare parts are so plentiful cheap and so what even if you wrote the car off a replacement could be had for 1 grand or less to transfer his mods if slavageble in to.
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 07 April 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont get all this talk about how the 22re has SOOOO Much torque. it doesnt have that much really, at least it doesnt feel like it. my car only starts to make good power once it gets above 3 grand and it runs out of puff after about 5, very narrow power band and not much fun :/

and for all the people bagging this guy out, get a life, i say good on him
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 07 April 2005 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they are prolly all bagging him out cause of the previous thread he made where he bagged out FWD and FWD drivers, and then he bagged out everyone else on the forum for not agreeing with him.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 07 April 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually i find my car pulls really well from as low as 2000rpm, as i said coming out of a slow corner in second if i hit the throttle the back will come out. And 198nm of torque in a car that weighs 1080kg, aparts from a clio sport what car has that torque to weight ratio for a small car. Excluding turbo and rediculous cars like exiges.
G-Phresh
Regular

March 2005
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 07 April 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha a whopping 74hp!!
that "fully sick" sticker adds 5hp on its own
imagine what the bonnet scoop is doin Very Happy

funniest shit ive seen all day Very Happy Shocked Very Happy

-Gaz

[Updated on: Thu, 07 April 2005 02:25]

ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 07 April 2005 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 12:23

they are prolly all bagging him out cause of the previous thread he made where he bagged out FWD and FWD drivers, and then he bagged out everyone else on the forum for not agreeing with him.

I just dislike bogans and coronas...

Nothing to do with Rona_Drifter on a personal level.
Rona_Drifter
Regular

March 2005
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 07 April 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, it was cheap fun. Never seen one drift before, knew it was possible, so i did it, i was stoked to the the angels myself! Shocked the 2SC, yeah yeah i know i should have whacked the 22R in, but this was a real budget thing, the Lil 2L was revin out on the Verge of valve bouncing, but who cares! all of u baggin me out.. well i don't care, i didn't hurt anyone and i proved that Rona's can drift! ahh if only it was wet that day.. Look out Sylvia's and 180's, you's would have had nothing! hahaha. Very Happy
Peace out.

[Updated on: Thu, 07 April 2005 02:40]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 07 April 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Considering the Celica you own shares the same front setup as a corona i'd hardly see how you can bag it out shares the same engine etc.
I'm not a bogan yet own a corona they are a good honest car mine has given me no trouble in the two years i have owned it and being rwd they can be fun if you desire. And guess what if it all goes up shit creek cos you overcook a corner it doesn't really matter cos your not going fast enough to kill yourself anyway.
It a good car to learn to drive in or first car cos you have to respect it. Be a dick in the wet and while you might not kill yourself you have a decent repair bill.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 07 April 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a corona and I am not a bogan Smile

There is no way I will be drifting it though!
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 07 April 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
decent repair bill!??!

one of the lures for me to put my 1g-gte into a corona was the fact you can walk into any wrecker and he has about 3 coronas and will be begging you to take parts off his hand.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 07 April 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ViPeR_NiPPleX wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 12:35

way to generalise captain generalisation man.

your celica has the same floorpan as the ST141 RT142 corona

if u were to line your celica up next to a corona even the back seats will be even.

champion effort there.

not to mention that i am a bogan (nark sayz so) and i own a corona.

so kudos to you for your thought provoking post.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 07 April 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good work rona_drifter, good too see more and more people getting into the sport, contrary to what people think it is growing faster than anyone could have expected with television coverage now!

If you are seirous about drift then double kudos to you, although if you have aspirations to be competitive you might want to think about something a little a different to slide, although the GT-T coronas with the 3TGTE and LSD would be awesome to see on the track, very very different! and with some stiff suspension it could be a bit of an animal!

Alan, I challenge you to come to a competition and call drifters figure skaters Laughing id be laughing, at you Laughing
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 07 April 2005 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
same i am not a BOGAN yet drive a corona, its something that i can park at the station and can be pretty much guarenteed that it won't be touched. Yes there is bazillions of parts for corona so even if they do have an accident it is cheap to fix assuming they can repair it themselves, my post was in reference to them putting into the gutter / wall after being a dick in the wet thus there will be substantial damage but generally they will come out ok.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 07 April 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or you could get one with a ig conversion and drift that id buy bugmans for that but at the moment don't have enough money
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 07 April 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i bet all the people who are saying that they arent bogans, really are bogans and they are in denial.

i mean why else are they be so quick to say they arent a bogan. Laughing

NARK SAYZZ: if j00 r fr0m cambogantown j00 r teh b0gan
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 07 April 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm considering i wear a suit to work everyday and drive regularly in a suit whilst in the corona i'd hardly call me a bogan, now where did shazza go hope me cars alright bein parked at mino stateion and all.
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 07 April 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats great i like it..... yeah some video of it might b cool!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 07 April 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 13:00

hmmm considering i wear a suit to work everyday and drive regularly in a suit whilst in the corona i'd hardly call me a bogan, now where did shazza go hope me cars alright bein parked at mino stateion and all.

wearing a suit does not make you less of a bogan, you could just be a bogan on the way to court Razz
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 07 April 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
notice i said i wore a suit on the way to work not court thus i'm not a bogan.
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 07 April 2005 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hahaha! I'm sorry to all corona owners Razz I never said corona owners were bogans, just that purple corona seems 'boganised' to me Razz

What a provoking post tho eh :S, I dislike the styling of the coronas, imho they are ugly, doesn't make em a bad car... Bog Warmer bits do tho Twisted Evil
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 07 April 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how come corona's are so much lighter than ra65's?

ra65 is like 1150 kg and corona is 1080 :/
ViPeR_NiPPleX
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 07 April 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
70kg difference, could be anything.... weight of the doors, IRS rear end, chassis, not sure.

But its not a HUGE difference, is it?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 07 April 2005 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well id say being a live rear axle would be the main difference.
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 07 April 2005 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i actualy thought that ra65's were closeer to teh 1.2 ton mark, gota get it on teh weigh bridge and see one day
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 07 April 2005 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
put it this way the corona isn't that heavy cos i can push it on my own when i wanna check the oil, and i need to move it up the drive a bit to get on to level ground i am pushing it up hill a bit and i can do it easily.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 07 April 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love it.
Not only can you actually drift, you're taking the piss. Cool
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/dronekdaman/rona.jpg

Nice work! You need more stickerz.

[Updated on: Thu, 07 April 2005 08:44]

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 07 April 2005 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ViPeR_NiPPleX wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 12:35

Hey james im a bogan!!!! SLidding dads ute with the 22R is wicked!!!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 07 April 2005 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 18:12

Nice work! You need more stickerz.

Something like: Fatter than your mammas ASS!!!! Laughing
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 07 April 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 13:14

i bet all the people who are saying that they arent bogans, really are bogans and they are in denial.

i mean why else are they be so quick to say they arent a bogan. Laughing

NARK SAYZZ: if j00 r fr0m cambogantown j00 r teh b0gan

Uh oh, you caught me out Embarassed

Laughing
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 07 April 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 13:37

Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 13:00

wearing a suit does not make you less of a bogan, you could just be a bogan on the way to court Razz

Laughing Laughing CLASSIC!.
Lectric
Regular

February 2004

Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 07 April 2005 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bogans drive 'Rona's when they can't afford VH SLE Commo's!

Simple... Wink NOUGH SAID!

Oh.. and if you do this to the picture, it almost fuckin looks like a commo anyways...

http://home.iprimus.com.au/pearso81/rona2.jpg

;):):):):):):):)Smile
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 07 April 2005 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its funny how he says it has pictures of A corona drifting, then later on in the post people start to assume its his? then he starts to claim it as his own???

is this really your car????
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 07 April 2005 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 12:42

Considering the Celica you own shares the same front setup as a corona i'd hardly see how you can bag it out shares the same engine etc.

rob_RA40 wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 12:54

way to generalise captain generalisation man.

your celica has the same floorpan as the ST141 RT142 corona

if u were to line your celica up next to a corona even the back seats will be even.

Careful, I told him that his Celica was a 2 door Corona once and he went fullee sschpastik!

[Updated on: Thu, 07 April 2005 15:05]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 07 April 2005 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like someone can't handle the truth.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Corona DRIFT!! Fri, 08 April 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 12:50

There is no way I will be drifting it though!

u wont have a choice once the 1JZ comes on boost, hehehehe

i saw your corona at powercruise, i have pics

whats your email
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Mon, 11 April 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rona Drift

I completely agree, burnouts r sick! the only thing that might phreak ya clutch and driveline out is wen ya snap drop the clutch, thats why i always let it out at a resonable pace, i haven't broken anything! the 2Sc could have some potential... free flow exhaust, flow head, lump the cam extremely, don't even bother running a air filter, i ran no air filter in the dusty grassy paddocks for months, never gave me problems, just make sure its sucking in the coolest air possible, cuz they like to heat up.. ya right after that. lock the diff, LSD's r for pussy's, lockers r the way to go.. ya don't limit ya slip, u eliminate the slip, thats wat the problem was in the first place!

A PM i got from him out of the blue He seems to like his car
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Mon, 11 April 2005 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Mon, 11 April 2005 10:22

Rona Drift

I completely agree, burnouts r sick! the only thing that might phreak ya clutch and driveline out is wen ya snap drop the clutch, thats why i always let it out at a resonable pace, i haven't broken anything! the 2Sc could have some potential... free flow exhaust, flow head, lump the cam extremely, don't even bother running a air filter, i ran no air filter in the dusty grassy paddocks for months, never gave me problems, just make sure its sucking in the coolest air possible, cuz they like to heat up.. ya right after that. lock the diff, LSD's r for pussy's, lockers r the way to go.. ya don't limit ya slip, u eliminate the slip, thats wat the problem was in the first place!

A PM i got from him out of the blue He seems to like his car

umm the whole point of a PM is to keep it off the forums, why would you post that up?

rather rude I think
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Mon, 11 April 2005 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the way i see it it's mine to do what i like with so i posted up here to see if anybody can understand it.
if not i'm sure some people will find it funny.
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Mon, 11 April 2005 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why would someone start an "out of the blue" pm with the sentance-"I completely agree"
????????????????????????????? Rolling Eyes
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Tue, 12 April 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no idea.

He said it was in relation to a post i made ages ago ?
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Corona DRIFT!! Tue, 12 April 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Tue, 12 April 2005 00:52

the way i see it it's mine to do what i like with so i posted up here to see if anybody can understand it.
if not i'm sure some people will find it funny.

Moreso it's a message sent privately in confidence to you, not to the entire board.

Obviously you can do with it whatever you like, but it's just not "proper" Razz
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Tue, 12 April 2005 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Tue, 12 April 2005 10:44

no idea.

He said it was in relation to a post i made ages ago ?

i call bs...

merudo you are right on the money there dude...its about morals and all that shit
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Tue, 12 April 2005 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I grew out of them a long time ago
Rona_Drifter
Regular

March 2005
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Wed, 13 April 2005 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Hahaha, How bout thorpy says ur Fully Gay. I'd never drive a crappy 'bomodore'. and no matter what angle you look at it, it'll never look like one. And mookie, I grew out of nappies a long time ago too, what makes you think that anyone gives a shit about what you grew out of. learn some manners man, pm's r private, not like there was anything "private" in there... and it looks pretty straight forward to me, i was just tellin you about my old corona and joking around at the same time. oh and that chick in your avatar is so NOT hot.

Sorry for the language everyone, but i'm just in a bad mood today.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 April 2005 13:38]

Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 14 April 2005 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well i had no idea what you were on about so i posted it up to see if other people know what you were talking about.

I can hear tone of voice over a pm so i take everything at face value.

Well why send me a pm if it's not important enough to be kept private ?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 14 April 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 13:56

um lets see he talks about ripping burnouts hmmm an illegal activity which one would be frowned on by the mods and two cops use the forums as well, if he drives his drift car on the street is pretty noticable and cops use forums too they will try and defect him etc.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 14 April 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why tell me then ?

Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Corona DRIFT!! Thu, 14 April 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 13:59

Mookie wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 13:56

um lets see he talks about ripping burnouts hmmm an illegal activity which one would be frowned on by the mods and two cops use the forums as well, if he drives his drift car on the street is pretty noticable and cops use forums too they will try and defect him etc.

can was destroyed ages ago anyway Confused
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Spark plug and leads for st185 GT4
Next Topic:What do you think about these wheel?!?17" for $700??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:55:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0077011585235596 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.