Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Mon, 04 April 2005 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u guys whinge too much......personally i would like to see u on a track in real life handling a 1000hp gtr or supra on in fact anything.....i havent done it but im sure its not easy....damn even having my sprinter on the track was a work out and thats a stock 4age.....so.....instead of whinging.....enjoy a herbal remedy (like parsley) and then appreciate the game for what it is.....a chance to be one rich bitch and throw some cars around a track....

just try to imagine its for real....u wouldnt enter a corner not giving urself room to recover instead of hitting a wall would u?

so....im not saying this to start no war....i been waiting for this game since GT1....then gt2 and so on....its the best u get without being a rich b1tc# Smile

and btw im up to 42% and personally i love it....me and my mates take turns doing enduros and give the b-spec guy a shot too and its great....give it a shot

anyways im sorry if i anger ppl....not my intention at all

cheers

Adam

Send a private message to this user    
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Mon, 04 April 2005 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My only beef is the wheelspin, and the simulation (or lack-of) of the diffs.

My 440hp WRX (with full diffs) gets wheelspin in 2nd at 130km/h on "sports tyres"

W.T.F? Shocked

There is just no FREAKIN WAY that could happen i.r.l. in a 4wd with LSD's and sticky semi-slick road-rally tyres (which is what sports tyres in GT4 appear to be). I haven't been able to get a diff to "hook up" in GT4 yet either. Every car just single-spins down the road, even though the pretty pictures show smoke from both wheels. I've tried all the diff settings but can't get the bastard to hook up. Mad Mad

I.R.L. wheelspin ain't so easy to come by: I know it's 400kg heavier than my GT4 WRX, but an open-diff monaro/GTO coupe struggles to in-gear wheelspin cheap, hard 235's in 1st with 400hp and 545nm ! ! !

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 06 April 2005 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You just havent practised enough, for the drifting i mean. I found it difficult at first, but now i can drift almost as good as i could in GT3. The trick to gt4 drift is throttle control. this was also the case in gt3, but not nearly as much.

i even managed to slide the daihatsu midget 2 LOL with massive 88ps and 550 or so kilo, FR and not only does it slide, it links! pretty hard tho roflmao
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 07 April 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what settings do u use mostly? I always find that my cars bog down at exit of corner...like dont spin out but just lose speed....bit of NOS always helps though Rolling Eyes

espectially the ae86 and sil80 like mid corner is mad but at exit its crap

Adam
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 07 April 2005 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bobski wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 14:11

what settings do u use mostly? I always find that my cars bog down at exit of corner...like dont spin out but just lose speed....bit of NOS always helps though Rolling Eyes

espectially the ae86 and sil80 like mid corner is mad but at exit its crap

Adam

I've been ripping up the GT4 world series in a 1031hp Mercedes CLK-GTR LeMans car lately - no bogging down out of corners in that, I can assure you!

I'll tell you when I've started driving slower cars again - My CLK-GTR setups are aimed solely at traction and rear-tyre preservation!
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 07 April 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah the merc is good...the minolta toyota is much betta though...same with the 92 nissan....but the thing i cant get is drifting .....

maybe its cos i use the dualshock controller not wheel....but meh....

i want to hear how arch does it.....maybe im just doing something wrong

Adam
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 07 April 2005 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't have the luxury of the faster Sportscars, since I'm only at 20% completion, hence can't win teh fast stuff in the enduro's. I think I'll take a break from the insane-o-fast stuff and back-track to some of the one-make and one-country races. I quite enjoyed the Silver-arrow Mercedes races (to win the DTM merc). Maybe it was slight overkill to drive an AMG SL600 tweaked up to 900-odd h.p. . . . . Laughing
86LIFE
Regular

September 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 07 April 2005 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey i have it and i rekon its bloody excelent.

at first i though, oh no drift this is shit but if you sort of get what the game developers are trying to acheive with the way the car reacts to the controller inputs, its easy to slide IMO.

i have an MX5 supercharged which is so fun for drift, and an 86 Levin of course, and a Sileighty and they can all be drifted fairly well.

it is just a game though, and when you think about it, who gives a shit how 'real' it is?

it is designed to provide some entertainment for when you CBFd driving your real car, or you wanna see what it MIGHT be like to punt a 34 Vspec around the ring at 250 k's. so in that respect, it serves its purpose bloody well and has provided me with hours of fun while my car has been off the road.
driftymcgee
Regular

April 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 07 April 2005 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just turned out a 45.777 on tsukuba Smile
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 07 April 2005 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
driftymcgee wrote on Fri, 08 April 2005 08:50

What car? I had to work My ASS OFF to get down to 45.815 in teh Merc CLK-GTR. I was seriously looking for fractions of a second at a handful of corners to get down to that!
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 07 April 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got the F1 car now, its bright orange and not nearly as good as the one from gt3. My fav car is still the 350z LM concept.
driftymcgee
Regular

April 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Tue, 12 April 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
st184 sillycar wrote on Fri, 08 April 2005 08:55

driftymcgee wrote on Fri, 08 April 2005 08:50

What car? I had to work My ASS OFF to get down to 45.815 in teh Merc CLK-GTR. I was seriously looking for fractions of a second at a handful of corners to get down to that!

Using the Nissan Z Concept LM

best time i know of is a 44.5ish in the Z Concept
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Playin GT4 Tue, 12 April 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fark, i can only manage a 48 around Skuba in a the concept GTR.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Playin GT4 Tue, 12 April 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camry_omega wrote on Fri, 08 April 2005 09:31

I got the F1 car now, its bright orange and not nearly as good as the one from gt3. My fav car is still the 350z LM concept.

huh, mines black
AaronST185
Regular

December 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Tue, 12 April 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was pleased to see they have an ST185 in there. And it backfires regularly, just like in real life Smile
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Playin GT4 Tue, 12 April 2005 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr DOHC wrote on Tue, 12 April 2005 16:57

huh, mines black

mines blue so go figure
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Playin GT4 Tue, 12 April 2005 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

is that the stupid POS that only has power between 7 and 9k rpm?

[Updated on: Tue, 12 April 2005 22:16]

driftymcgee
Regular

April 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Tue, 12 April 2005 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Wed, 13 April 2005 08:15

i think your talking about the Option Z Stream 350Z, its a top speed car so it doesnt need the power down low
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 13 April 2005 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no its the stupid pos that makes power between 10000-18500rpm Razz
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 13 April 2005 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EMP-2TG wrote on Wed, 13 April 2005 11:04

no its the stupid pos that makes power between 10000-18500rpm Razz

NOICE !

So it's modelled on current F1 then? Evil or Very Mad

JUST unlocked enduro series today, so I go F1 hunting tomorrow I guess . . Rolling Eyes

oh - and DANG that 350Z-LM concept is quick! Did you modify it to lap tsukuba that quick?
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 13 April 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate the understeer, its fkn bs. No car understeers every time you punch it. Can sum 1 recommend a car for um...in the professional races...the second 1 from the bottom. Coz they all use friggen tommy keira beasts n shit, they always flog me.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 13 April 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unforgiven wrote on Wed, 13 April 2005 15:09

I hate the understeer, its fkn bs. No car understeers every time you punch it. Can sum 1 recommend a car for um...in the professional races...the second 1 from the bottom. Coz they all use friggen tommy keira beasts n shit, they always flog me.

Yeah - I had trouble widt that series too - can't remember what I did it with either - I'll look through the log tomorrow and see what I did it with.

As for the understeer: Yes, some cars DO understeer every time you get on the throttle!!!! turn off all the driving aidzz for starters. They suck teh massiff kock widt teh devaschtating venereal disease. Buy some semi-pro or full-race suspension and learn about setting a car up. Also note that some powerful RWD's need soft front tyres and medium rears to work properly - this starts happening around 500hp +

I can give you more specific tips later if you need - right now I'm off to bed!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 13 April 2005 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
driftymcgee wrote on Wed, 13 April 2005 09:45

Jag7799 wrote on Wed, 13 April 2005 08:15

i think your talking about the Option Z Stream 350Z, its a top speed car so it doesnt need the power down low

still annoying to drive
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 13 April 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bobski wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 13:59

but the thing i cant get is drifting .....maybe its cos i use the dualshock controller not wheel....but meh....

i want to hear how arch does it.....maybe im just doing something wrong

Adam

I use the regular dual shock controller too. Manual. Ill share some of my settings, what i can remember off the top of my head.

Car is trueno shuichi shigeno version, tuned to 243ps NA, or 315ps turbo (i use the set A, set B, set C tabs Wink )

I like to drift the NA setup, sure the turbo has more power and torque, but i run weaker tyres on teh NA version, letting me slide the car with the littlest of input. Top level suspension is a must if you want to have decent spring rates, basically i run very hard spring rates about 12-13 front and 9-10kg/mm rear, hard shock levels etc. swaybar on front standard (4?) swaybar on rear set to 7 i think. I run N3 front and N2 rear. I find that running weaker on the rear makes the car more prone to oversteer on deccelerationg, whereas equal rubber can sometimes make teh car understeer.

I also get the full customisable diff, this is essential as changing the lsd initial makes a big difference to how you start a slide. i run high initial (cant remember figure, maybe 50?) and high accel and decel (60 or 65 each, cant remember but they are equal).

With this setup i can slide 5th gear down the straight(its close ratio) but 3rd and 4th gears are fantastic to use in the corners. The car will oversteer from just turning in and lifting off teh accelerator, then just get back on teh gas and it will hold the corner. About the bogging down at teh end of the corner could be because you dont have enough entry speed? My 86 weighs no more than 800kg, so its not hard to keep the momentum going, and it will easily link into the next corner.

My favorite drift track is deep forest in reverse, linking the downhill section is fun Very Happy

i dont have a capture card, else i would make some vids... can i save a replay onto the memory stick like a picture?
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Wed, 13 April 2005 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seems to me like u do exactly what i do....i think i just try corners that are too long...ie tsukuba final corner...havent tried many other tracks but ill give what u said a go...cheers

Adam

i have also been experimenting with setting the asm to prevent understeer only....makes for an interesting drive...espectially in the 4wd cars like an r32 Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 13 April 2005 13:05]

st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 14 April 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Active Stability Management is for poofters and communists. Shocked
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 14 April 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey hey hey HEY! i used to be a comunist but im ok now...the glorious light of that great country America has showed me that "communism is bad mmmm-kay" Twisted Evil but seriously...try it...set asm (understeer) to 10....other one to 0 and tcs to 0....then enter a corner pretty hot....it gets interesting very very quickly Very Happy

Adam
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 14 April 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Active Stability Management is for poofters and communists. Shocked
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 14 April 2005 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now now...ur not playing very nice....didnt ur mother teach u anything Confused
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 14 April 2005 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Double post Embarassed

whoops! - I stand by it all the same Very Happy

I don't run any driver aids except for traction control on my 1031hp Merc CLK-GTR LeMans car - to keep the rear tyres alive. I think I'll run T.C. free next time and see what happpens, coz I think that trac.ctrl just encourages me to lean harder on the rear-end, coz I know the computer will gather it up for me. Confused
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 14 April 2005 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tc is for pussy that can't modulate throttle.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 14 April 2005 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 14:11

tc is for pussy that can't modulate throttle.

correct
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 14 April 2005 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only beef i got with drifting, is when it gets too much angle so you back of a tad and the thing over corrects on you and you find yourself looking the other way.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Thu, 14 April 2005 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v709/hardman69/Image034.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v709/hardman69/Image033.jpg

Is this the same as your blue one, EMP_2tg ?

I doubted it's validity - but I gotta admit B-Spec is handy for the powerful overlord that is a 24-Hour race.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Playin GT4 Fri, 15 April 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats the gimp Razz
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Playin GT4 Fri, 15 April 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fucking hell, i finished all of the beginner and pro races...but it still won't let me do the last race in professional WTF!!! I have finished everything! It just said you must complete all races in beginner and professional...GRR I HAVE!!
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Fri, 15 April 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i "tried" the drifting thing. i got a AE86 put on hard suspension etc. etc.

i found the HIGH SPEED RING goes well with the sliding thing....it has good camber to just hang it all the way around the corners...even 6th gear.

i spin out a fair few times Embarassed

for the drifters: have a go on high speed ring and see what u reckon

brett
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Playin GT4 Fri, 15 April 2005 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unforgiven wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 23:34

The only beef i got with drifting, is when it gets too much angle so you back of a tad and the thing over corrects on you and you find yourself looking the other way.

Your lifting off too much, too quick.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Playin GT4 Fri, 15 April 2005 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unforgiven wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 14:00

Fucking hell, i finished all of the beginner and pro races...but it still won't let me do the last race in professional WTF!!! I have finished everything! It just said you must complete all races in beginner and professional...GRR I HAVE!!

You have to do them all in championship mode buddy, i think. Im atthe same point I just need to complete the championship for the pro race 'classic cars'

DAMN that AC car SC 427 thing
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Fri, 15 April 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
old_mr2 wrote on Sat, 16 April 2005 08:31

unforgiven wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 14:00

You have to do them all in championship mode buddy, i think. Im atthe same point I just need to complete the championship for the pro race 'classic cars'

DAMN that AC car SC 427 thing

It didn't appear in the full-championship when I did it: so I whooped the hell out of the field in my fully tweaked Ginetta G4, which I had built up to try and compete with the AC cobra 427. Laughing
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Playin GT4 Sat, 23 April 2005 05:16 Go to previous message
Is anyone else trying to log quick Nurburgring times? I'm sick to death of getting flung backwards off he track when I hit a series of big bumps wrong. Mad Mad Mad

-F1 and CLK-GTR are my prefered uber-weapons, btw. (and yes, I have ride height maxxed out)
Pages (6): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Retreads in Sydney
Next Topic:My Stolen SX Hatch - if u see it, please call the police
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 22:03:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0077199935913086 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.