Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Supercharger + Turbo in one, how?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Supercharger + Turbo in one, how? Wed, 06 April 2005 15:51 Go to next message
Okies, i admit * hands up * im not the brightest person in mechanical terms and how things works.

So can the following be done.

Have a Turbo which then feeds the Supercharger meaning one does the bottom half of the moter and other does the top half.

That to me doesn't sound possible or is it. Explain?

Ps: I never came up with the idea but was told it can be done.

Also; i did use google. Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 06 April 2005 15:52]

Send a private message to this user    
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Supercharger + Turbo in one, how? Wed, 06 April 2005 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
possible and has been done before
its called Twin charging
meant to be jack of all trades. but some people debate

not worth the hassles imho
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: Supercharger + Turbo in one, how? Wed, 06 April 2005 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok so it is possible, but people that have told me otherwise have stated it leads to crankhouse presure?
styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Supercharger + Turbo in one, how? Wed, 06 April 2005 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look up twin charging on google. some production cars
came out twincharged, so check them out too.
rsdeo
Regular

January 2004
Re: Supercharger + Turbo in one, how? Wed, 06 April 2005 20:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKS had the "twin charger" kit for 4AGZE engines.
Stupid_kid
Newcomer

April 2005
Re: Supercharger + Turbo in one, how? Wed, 06 April 2005 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Twincharging dude, the nissan march super turbo's had a SOHC superhcarged and turbocharged engine 990cc pretty quick little machines, as mentioned HKS had a kit for the AW11 love to get my hand one one but the expense outweighs the benefit, nothing a properly sized turbo wont do.
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Supercharger + Turbo in one, how? Thu, 07 April 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres a car the superturbo micra (march so stupid_kid says) i think it is a mirca but ehh... i read a review on it... it said u can notice when the turbo takes over from the super, sounds kool. didnt have much power to benefit from it thought. i woudl hate to see the engine with out either of the too systems.

[Updated on: Thu, 07 April 2005 01:02]

Sigmeister
Regular

June 2004
Re: Supercharger + Turbo in one, how? Thu, 07 April 2005 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wouldn't the supercharger be a detriment\bottleneck to the turbo at high boost, the supercharger wont be able handle all that boost with the setup you have described.

Wouldn't a common plenum be a better option? SO turbo feeds plenum TB1 and Supercharger feeds plenum TB2?
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Supercharger + Turbo in one, how? Thu, 07 April 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as far as i understand it, the supercharger doesnt become a bottleneck because it just works with volumes (basically) and it doesnt know or care what pressure/density the air coming in is.

im very keen to experiment with this setup, just having the turbo blowing into the supercharger, need to work out weather to use intercooling or aftercooling, but i think it would be worth it just to have two boost gauges doing different things
81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
Re: Supercharger + Turbo in one, how? Thu, 07 April 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here is redcliffe dyno's twin turbo supercharged 308 torana

http://img113.exs.cx/img113/1700/3015eq.th.jpg

ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: Supercharger + Turbo in one, how? Thu, 07 April 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
h3ff44 wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 11:00

theres a car the superturbo micra (march so stupid_kid says) i think it is a mirca but ehh... i read a review on it... it said u can notice when the turbo takes over from the super, sounds kool. didnt have much power to benefit from it thought. i woudl hate to see the engine with out either of the too systems.

its definatley a nissan march, its on autospeed with the other K-car reviews, sounds like it would be fun!!!
dojobi
Occasional Poster

September 2004

Re: Supercharger + Turbo in one, how? Thu, 07 April 2005 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
March = Micra afaik. March is just the JDM name I think.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Supercharger + Turbo in one, how? Thu, 07 April 2005 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, March = Micra, same car, different names, different markets around the world.

Take a look at Bill Sherwoods / Billzilla's home page for the photo and story behind a 1G-GTZE, a twin charged 1G engine.
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Supercharger + Turbo in one, how? Thu, 07 April 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is the 1g-gzte....aparently it is 450hp Shocked Surprised Surprised

http://www.billzilla.org/1ggztefront.jpg

http://www.billzilla.org/1ggzteside.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 07 April 2005 06:54]

h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Supercharger + Turbo in one, how? Thu, 07 April 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i cant really work out wtf is goin on in them pics... looks interesting though.... ne one wat to make one of these motors?
81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
Re: Supercharger + Turbo in one, how? Thu, 07 April 2005 22:28 Go to previous message
h3ff44
dont tell me you going to put a turbo on your supercharged gocart? Shocked Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AGE aftermarket computers
Next Topic:Toyota Four Speed Automatic Gearboxes, and Their Required Operation Inputs?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:43:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054869651794434 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.