Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » How much have you spent on your car now?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

How much have you spent on your car now? Wed, 06 April 2005 05:42 Go to next message
I know there was a post AGES ago about this, but ive decided to make a new one as we are all always spending money.
Ive added up all the receipts that ive kept that are between my driving car and what ive spent on my parts car (before i transferred most onto my driving car).

ive come to the figure of
$27775 from receipts i actually have handy

How about all of you.
  Send a private message to this user    
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Wed, 06 April 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WHOA.

But all things considered, yours is basically a new car now after what you've done to it!

So far I've spent $185 on new brakes for mine. That's it.

But I only got my car just around 3 weeks ago, so it's not a fair comparison Wink
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Wed, 06 April 2005 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Over 20k including buying the car.

Thats over 6 years though.

And that doesnt include stereo, insurance, rego.

Theres another 15k easy there.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Wed, 06 April 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

About $12k in 32 years, excluding rego insurance and stuff.

seeyuzz
river
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Wed, 06 April 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have $10,000+ in recepts for parts not including cash items just on the ma70
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Wed, 06 April 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in 1 year, including the car, excluding rego + insurance etc

more than 20k Embarassed

shit
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Wed, 06 April 2005 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also after saying how much you spent, show a picture of your money pit..i mean car. Cool

[Updated on: Wed, 06 April 2005 07:10]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Wed, 06 April 2005 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when i say how much have you spent.. that includes purchase price and stereo and everything..
but doesent include rego or insurance over the years

mines over 2.5 yrs
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Wed, 06 April 2005 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Over 5 years about 15k, and hasnt been on the road for more than 6 months in that time Confused

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/riceburna73/celicapiccies001.jpg

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Wed, 06 April 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
riceburna73 wrote on Wed, 06 April 2005 18:54

Over 5 years about 15k, and hasnt been on the road for more than 6 months in that time Confused

those rims look perfect
man.. i must have the highest ratio
like 28k in 2.5 yrs..
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Wed, 06 April 2005 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$19.5k in 2.5 years. And in that time, it's been driven twice, both under 1GEU powah!
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Wed, 06 April 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I stopped counting when it made me feel sick in teh stomach lol

hasnt been driven much lately either which sucks, once a couple more things are fixed it should be on the road everyday Smile
CRAB-86
Regular

September 2003
Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Wed, 06 April 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Somewhere around 14k??
over 1.5 years i recon?
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Wed, 06 April 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Wed, 06 April 2005 19:03

$19.5k in 2.5 years. And in that time, it's been driven twice, both under 1GEU powah!

id be well fucking pissed off...
least ive gotten to drive mine
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Wed, 06 April 2005 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
riceburna73 wrote on Wed, 06 April 2005 18:54

Very Nice Cool.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Wed, 06 April 2005 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Wed, 06 April 2005 17:19

Meh, I'm over being pissed about it.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Wed, 06 April 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crown $400
Halfcut $2400
tank of petrol $23.55

Total $2823.55
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Wed, 06 April 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Including purchase, $6000 so far. Nothing impressive to show for it... an expensive trip over the pits, a new clutch, new brake pads and a service.

My first mod, some sweet suspension, hasn't arrived yet.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Wed, 06 April 2005 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Wed, 06 April 2005 19:19

ask him how long it was going to take Smile
Wazaaaa
Newcomer

April 2005
Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Wed, 06 April 2005 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I bought a Cressida new in 82' since then its always been serviced and never had anything major go wrong with it. I suppose its cost me about 400-500 per year for the past 20 years (excl ins) and its NEVER been off the road. Its done about 270 clicks and still perfect.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Wed, 06 April 2005 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

How much have you spent on your car now?

More than you can afford Pal...

Rolling Eyes
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Wed, 06 April 2005 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well after get my car (because there is not really a figure I can put down for that...long story Toobs knows the facts)
It's had heaps of body repair,gearbox mount mods,new rad,2 new ball joints, an idler arm,respray, some wiring mods so adding all that up over the last few week or so I think the total is something like nearly $200 cash out lay for me so far,all I can say is where there is a will there is a way, and yes it was a bare metal respray,mind you it's not a show car Razz
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Wed, 06 April 2005 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Wed, 06 April 2005 19:45

Crown $400
Halfcut $2400
tank of petrol $23.55

Total $2823.55

*cough* gezzz your full of shit! that petrol cost at least $30 and didnt we get 2 600ml cokes when we picked up the crown?
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Wed, 06 April 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wazaaaa wrote on Wed, 06 April 2005 20:55

I bought a Cressida new in 82' since then its always been serviced and never had anything major go wrong with it. I suppose its cost me about 400-500 per year for the past 20 years (excl ins) and its NEVER been off the road. Its done about 270 clicks and still perfect.

sik bro!! so when are you puting a 1jayzee in it with a manual and locked diff???
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Wed, 06 April 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HA

If i disliked cars in general, id most probably have an investment property with tennants by now!! lol

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Wed, 06 April 2005 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JCMF: how long was it GOING to take?
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Wed, 06 April 2005 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
With my car I have spent enough money to buy (in mint condition) 6 times over with some pocket change with reciepts as thick as the bible (if only I knew 3 years ago)!

Cheers.
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Wed, 06 April 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I first bought it $1000
just do a little to it = $to much
no more, mmm just a little bit more $to much
no more, maybe just a little bit more, shit $to much again
and it go's on, and on, now there's no $ left to spend on it but dam I would love to just do a little bit more to it.
lol like 'Arch' I gave up counting but far to much.
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Wed, 06 April 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think as long as you enjoy driving it, it doesnt matter how much you have spent.
I've spent too much
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Wed, 06 April 2005 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Wed, 06 April 2005 20:28

JCMF: how long was it GOING to take?

Christmas, but the plans kept getting bigger and bigger. I'll just do this, I'll just wait for this, oh, so you want to take 2 months to do my paint work...
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Wed, 06 April 2005 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
about 26k in 2yrs including the purchase of the car ..

driven it for about 12 months of that time ( fooking lemons + need for speed-mods )
FLYNSX
Regular

May 2003
    flyn
Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Wed, 06 April 2005 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think alot of people know how much i have spent on my seca and alot of people think its a joke and not worth. Just goes to show when you get fucked around by alot of people and mechanics the price can blow out. I have owned the car for over 5 years now purchase price $9990 spent on the car over 5 years grand total with receipts $65 000
http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/autosalonmay04/autosalonmay04-Images/85.jpg

http://ribfeast.no-ip.com/autosalonmay04/autosalonmay04-Images/87.jpg

Most recent pics car has been off the rd about 9 months now getting more work done to it. Should be ready in a few weeks time.

[Updated on: Wed, 06 April 2005 23:28]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Wed, 06 April 2005 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats makes my pending look a little lame but anyway:
Purchase one corona $2750
Purchase shocks and springs to replaced shagged old shit shocks with no rebound: $580
Labour costs: One case of VB $32
New Tyres: $520
Fix wheel bearing and new pads: $400
Fix diff: $120
Fix damage: $640
Total of $5042 bucks not too bad considering ive had it for two years and that being an old car not much has gone wrong. The car had its first break down on the weekend low and behold the battery died this cost me 109 bucks for a new NRMA battery. but aparts from that the car has given me loyal service.
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Thu, 07 April 2005 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stock, clean Sprinter: $3k (2.5 years ago)
Body Mods: $0 (ok I lie, I had $1100 of panel beating after I wrapped it around a post)
Engine and susp and the rest: ~$7k

Total: maybe a bit over $10k

Add my labour charged at $20 an hour.... for a grand total of $210k

It hurts to do those sums.

Hen

[Updated on: Thu, 07 April 2005 01:27]

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Thu, 07 April 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henn, i have calculated that you would have to have spent 10.958904 hours each day on the car, since you purchased it, to have made it $200,000 worth of labour

hahaha Laughing Laughing
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Thu, 07 April 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 11:33

Henn, i have calculated that you would have to have spent 10.958904 hours each day on the car

Ok, I may have underestimated a little. I was a uni student after all and so could afford the time (and not much else).

Hen
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Thu, 07 April 2005 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KE70 sedan

2T-G on dual 40PPH Solex carburettors
288 cams
oil cooler
poeple cooler (air con!)
T50

RT132 front struts
w/ twin piston brakes
front coilover conversion
F$R short stroke inserts

bucket seat
harness
oil pressure meter

MA61 wheels
185/60R14 A509s and 195/60R14 Falkens

About $3200-$3500 including ancilliaries excluding consumables.
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Fri, 08 April 2005 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke35 - 4AGZE wrote on Wed, 06 April 2005 16:57

in 1 year, including the car, excluding rego + insurance etc

more than 20k Embarassed

shit

Shocked Shocked I think he's got just a good a ratio as u do jag!
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Fri, 08 April 2005 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Including the purchase price of two MA61's (which sort of morphed into one car), I think I'm close to the $40k mark now. It will definitely be that high once the 6-speed is installed. Sounds like a lot of money but it's not like I spent it all in one hit, it's been over 3 years or so.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Fri, 08 April 2005 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
norbie.. thats a mission .. especially whe that doesent include a respray or interior or anything adn you doing all the work yourself
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Fri, 08 April 2005 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
um...
a lot

once the simmons arrive, it'll be getting close to $25k
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Fri, 08 April 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont feel so bad now
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Fri, 08 April 2005 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and that's not including engineering, bodywork, spraying, or any bill under $200 (because I can't rmemeber those off the top of my head)
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Fri, 08 April 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd be over $30k now
over 5 years so i guess it's not so bad. the spending has slowed much now

(Disclaimer: When the spending is done, it's done seriously)
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Fri, 08 April 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Close to $10k so far... Not stopping there.

That is including the car purchase, exhaust, engine, intake, dampers, springs, various crap...
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Fri, 08 April 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Wed, 06 April 2005 17:11

when i say how much have you spent.. that includes purchase price and stereo and everything..
but doesent include rego or insurance over the years

mines over 2.5 yrs

THEN you should divide it by the number of days you have had the car to see what you average spend per day is Smile
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Fri, 08 April 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL so we're introducing a TCO index for modified cars now?

OK in that case my car costs me $36.53/day plus fuel. Bargain!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Fri, 08 April 2005 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well.. mine isnt like other peoples... its only out of action every so often
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Fri, 08 April 2005 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
including the car? $24k since 2 years ago
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Fri, 08 April 2005 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
including purchase price 3 years ago (and not including rego and insurance) id be putting mine at around $10k

[Updated on: Fri, 08 April 2005 05:23]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Fri, 08 April 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what was everyones inital purchase price..
mine was 750 dollars..
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Fri, 08 April 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
First Supra was $5k in 1999. New "shell" (really another complete Supra) was $1200 late last year.

It's funny now I think about it - I have no problems spending $40k on a car, but I've never paid more than $5k for any car I've bought. Laughing
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Fri, 08 April 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$4500
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Fri, 08 April 2005 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$1700
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: How much have you spent on your car now? Fri, 08 April 2005 09:15 Go to previous message
$10,000 was a reasonable price for an okish black, sport roof, turbo MA70 about 2 years ago now pffft $2 love you long time Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Got dish?
Next Topic:4age twin charge
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 17:30:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010570049285889 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.