Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Quick Firefox question Sun, 03 April 2005 14:35 Go to next message
Anyone know what firefox' cache directory is?
  Send a private message to this user    
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Quick Firefox question Sun, 03 April 2005 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know that the favourites is a HTML template rather than a directory with firefox, cache may work similar and work off a template rather than directory...

Hope this helps.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Quick Firefox question Sun, 03 April 2005 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
firefox.mozilla.org

Smile

and in the firefox directory
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Quick Firefox question Mon, 04 April 2005 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hate how Firefox has all your Passwords to see, GO TOOLS->OPTIONS->PRIVACY and it shows all your passwords, i feel unsafe with that, if i can see it so easily what about other intruders Confused .
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Quick Firefox question Mon, 04 April 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Mon, 04 April 2005 20:42

I hate how Firefox has all your Passwords to see, GO TOOLS->OPTIONS->PRIVACY and it shows all your passwords, i feel unsafe with that, if i can see it so easily what about other intruders Confused .

Just set a password by clicking change master password, therefore intruders cant view it unless they have that password.
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Quick Firefox question Mon, 04 April 2005 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If firefox did have the option of opening a new page in another (monitor specific) window - in monitor 1 / monitor 2 etc.. like IE does.. i'd consider using it. And it doesnt display some pages properly. And i'm pedantic as to the cache location and dont quite like the time taken to reassign it.
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Quick Firefox question Tue, 05 April 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sated wrote on Mon, 04 April 2005 23:37

If firefox did have the option of opening a new page in another (monitor specific) window - in monitor 1 / monitor 2 etc.. like IE does.. i'd consider using it. And it doesnt display some pages properly. And i'm pedantic as to the cache location and dont quite like the time taken to reassign it.

If it is that important to you write a plugin!
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Quick Firefox question Tue, 05 April 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message

If firefox did have the option of opening a new page in another (monitor specific) window - in monitor 1 / monitor 2 etc.. like IE does.. i'd consider using it.

ever used the tabbed window feature? i've only need one browser window, i loose a few pixels at the top to accomodate the tabs (tho no more than the chrome and shit Ie puts up there anyway) and i don't need a second monitor for gazillions of browser windows
Quote:

And it doesnt display some pages properly.

did you mean to say firefox doesn't render compliant pages incorrectly like IE does?
and that it only fails on pages and sites specifically designed to only work in IE
Quote:

And i'm pedantic as to the cache location and dont quite like the time taken to reassign it.

it's in user-space anyway? if your browser cache is exessively large and is freqently hit to speed up net access then perhaps your settings are too permissive?
i prefer to see up-to-date web content - so anything older than 7days is chucked by default and after a weekend of reading shit on the net, i flush the cache anyway
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Quick Firefox question Tue, 05 April 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is that important to me. I use IE.

Squid wrote on Tue, 05 April 2005 08:45

If it is that important to you write a plugin!

thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Quick Firefox question Tue, 05 April 2005 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if it's really important (e.g. like banking or secure product purchasing) i won't use IE
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Quick Firefox question Tue, 05 April 2005 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To redirect the cache

*open firefox
*browse to about:config
*edit/add the entry browser.cache.disk.parent_directory to be a string pointing to the cache location.
*close and restart browser (only the browser, it isn't IE so no reboot needed!).
*this only effects the current user, for multi profile stuff look up help on user.js.
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Quick Firefox question Tue, 05 April 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Mon, 04 April 2005 20:42

Click on the set master password button and protect/hide your password info.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Quick Firefox question Wed, 06 April 2005 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Try this: http://forums.overclockersclub.com/Firefox_Dual_Mo nitors-t47247.html
Mx73_LuXoBarge
Regular

October 2002
Re: Quick Firefox question Thu, 07 April 2005 05:24 Go to previous message
good to see I'm not the only web nerd 'round these parts! Very Happy
Go Firefox!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:what mobile software?
Next Topic:international licence??