Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » I Just bought myself a new SV21, and have 3 really simple questions to ask.....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mr ra60
Regular

June 2002
I Just bought myself a new SV21, and have 3 really simple questions to ask..... Sat, 02 April 2005 14:47 Go to next message
first of Hi all!! its been awhile since ive owned a toyota... and now ijust have a few questions to ask..

1) the fuel light doesnt see, to work.. either its the globe or would the sender in the tank be rooted? if it is how do i check it?

2) i honestly have searchd for it on here!! but i havent gotten a definate answer to wether u can directly bolt on a 3sge head on the 3sfe camry.. has anyone got a 100% sure answer to this?

umm other then that guys.. thast it.. oh atually one more..

3) i picked up the headlamp setup from an ultima today *the lights behind the rear view mirror* was just wondering if i tear a little hole were its meant to be will i find the connection for the lights there??

thanks all just a few questions which would help me out heaps!!!

[Updated on: Sun, 03 April 2005 11:09]

Send a private message to this user    
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Just bought a new daily Camry :D any help please!! Sat, 02 April 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Which model camry do you have?.
mr ra60
Regular

June 2002
Re: Just bought a new daily Camry :D any help please!! Sun, 03 April 2005 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oops sorry guys it was late at night!! its an 1988 sv21 3sfe 5 spd
mr ra60
Regular

June 2002
Re: Just bought a new daily Camry :D any help please!! Sun, 03 April 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*BUMP*
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: I Just bought myself a new SV21, and have 3 really simple questions to ask..... Sun, 03 April 2005 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr ra60 wrote on Sat, 02 April 2005 22:47

first of Hi all!! its been awhile since ive owned a toyota... and now ijust have a few questions to ask..

1) the fuel light doesnt see, to work.. either its the globe or would the sender in the tank be rooted? if it is how do i check it?

2) i honestly have searchd for it on here!! but i havent gotten a definate answer to wether u can directly bolt on a 3sge head on the 3sfe camry.. has anyone got a 100% sure answer to this?

umm other then that guys.. thast it.. oh atually one more..

3) i picked up the headlamp setup from an ultima today *the lights behind the rear view mirror* was just wondering if i tear a little hole were its meant to be will i find the connection for the lights there??

thanks all just a few questions which would help me out heaps!!!

take your instrument cluster out, its like a couple of screws, and find what glode you wanna see, look at it, see if the filament is broken, if it isnt, make sure you got bugger all fuel in the tank, and bring a multimeter to the two connecitions leading to the globe, if you get a reading, your globes fuggered, if you dont, you have either a break in the connection, or your fuel sender is buggered.

Eldar.O.
mr ra60
Regular

June 2002
Re: I Just bought myself a new SV21, and have 3 really simple questions to ask..... Wed, 06 April 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well ive tested the bulb out on another light on the dash and the bulb is fine..

would there be any other way to test the light out besides waiting for it to get real low as i have more then 3/4 left in the tank, and these camrys are great on petrol so id be waiting for awhile! Razz

if i were to just get a 2nd hand sender unit and connect the wires up to that one without putting it in the tank, would that then make the fuel light come on? because since its out of the tank its acting as if there is no fuel?

other then the fuel light the car is perfect and its annoying me!!!
mr ra60
Regular

June 2002
Re: I Just bought myself a new SV21, and have 3 really simple questions to ask..... Thu, 07 April 2005 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*BUMP*
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: I Just bought myself a new SV21, and have 3 really simple questions to ask..... Thu, 07 April 2005 05:50 Go to previous message
1. Sounds like the sender is stuffed at the point a low fuel level would trigger the light. Get another sender from a wreckers/pick a part, bolt that ins and drive around till empty, and see if the light works.....take a 5 litre jerry can of fuel with you in the boot too Very Happy

2. Ain't no way known never that a 3S-GE head will bolt to a 3S-FE block - the valve train is substantially different - you are talking about matching a cam belt driven inlet and exhaust camshaft head against a cam belt driven inlet with a scissor gear used to drive the exhaust cam. You are better off ripping out the 3S-FE completely and fitting a 3S-GE, which will be cheaper as well.

3. Its not likely that Toyota Australia fitted a harness for the Ulitma model to all lower model Camry's, so I'd say your chances of finding an empty harness ready to go in your car are pretty low. The only way to check is to have a look yourself, or ask to see the parts EPC at your local Toyota dealer to see if your current harness is compatible. Buy a genuine oil filter while you are there to make the parts guy happy as well.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Clutch
Next Topic:3SGTE Exhaust headers.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 22:24:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051629543304443 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.