Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Initial_D
Regular

February 2005
Degreasing 4AGE Thu, 07 April 2005 08:08 Go to next message
After my cam seals decided to split I got oil and crap in the middle where the spark plugs are on the 16v 4age. What's the best way to clean all that crap off??? There is also no where where the water could run off if I was to use a hose unless I just let it sit there until it disappears Laughing

Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: Degreasing 4AGE Thu, 07 April 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
water on a hot engine after a quick lap or two after a good degreasing = evaporated?

Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: Degreasing 4AGE Thu, 07 April 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clean all out with rag by hand, spotless, then a light degrease and a damp wrag or cloth and then a clean dry rag to clean it again.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Degreasing 4AGE Thu, 07 April 2005 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just wash it down with tri-tetelethanium42-sulphide, will clean it up quick smart.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Degreasing 4AGE Thu, 07 April 2005 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or you could use jizz...

Do you do this on every thread Takai?
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Degreasing 4AGE Thu, 07 April 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*cough* see Membership and Feedback Embarassed

EDIT: i see you have already.

[Updated on: Thu, 07 April 2005 10:30]

fester
Regular

December 2004
Re: Degreasing 4AGE Thu, 07 April 2005 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't leave the water there or you might find you have buckleys getting it started in the first place. Happened to a Camry I had once. EVen after blowing out with compressed air there was enough water in the plug leads to short out the ignition and stop it starting or at least running properly for several hours.

Gavin
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: Degreasing 4AGE Thu, 07 April 2005 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Last time I degreased my engine it cost me a new alternator.. Embarassed ....at least I learnt something though Twisted Evil
DFECTD
Regular

August 2004
Re: Degreasing 4AGE Fri, 08 April 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fester wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 20:34

Don't leave the water there or you might find you have buckleys getting it started in the first place. Happened to a Camry I had once. EVen after blowing out with compressed air there was enough water in the plug leads to short out the ignition and stop it starting or at least running properly for several hours.

Gavin

thats why u take out ur ignition lead cover, and ur leads.

and stuff in between the rocket cover with rags. LOL

some1 is lost
sonwill
Regular

February 2005
Re: Degreasing 4AGE Fri, 08 April 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had the same prob, I made a grease trap for the vaccum cleaner to suck all the water and oil out, then just wiped it with a rag.

just get a bucket with a lid, drill two holes, one for you vac hose, then get some 19mm or so poly pipe(or something) and stick that in the other hole.
Then suck!!
The bucket will trap all the oil and crap in the bottom and the vac bag will not be filled with crap. be sure to only stick the vac hose in the top half an inch or so and the other hose in a little further!

hope this helps
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Degreasing 4AGE Sat, 09 April 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just take the whole cam cover off, not that hard. and while u at it, spray it some funky color too Very Happy
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Degreasing 4AGE Sat, 09 April 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on my first car a rt104 it had the fuel tank behind the back seat so i could just pop the fuel line off and give it a leaded de-grease and then pressure wash Smile
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Degreasing 4AGE Sat, 09 April 2005 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Personally I just fill that sucker up with cleaning fluid and wash it good, then suck all the crap out with a big syringe. You can even use a battery hydrometre if ya have to.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Degreasing 4AGE Sat, 09 April 2005 08:46 Go to previous message
If this happened to me I would:
-Degrease
-Hose
-Blow dry with the air compressor
-Leave the car in the garage overnight (do dry a bit more)
-Change the spark plugs

That should get rid of the oil and water and the damage the oil probably caused to the spark plugs.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:wiring head unit.. quickie...
Next Topic:St-205 spec suspension to fit a ST-185
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 09:08:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052669048309326 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.