Toymods » General Car Talk » Spring maker recomendations / preperations

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Spring maker recomendations / preperations Thu, 07 April 2005 11:44 Go to next message
I'm going to be looking to get a custom set of springs made up for my celica (custom spring rate and ride height) and im wondering just where i would go to get this done. Does anyone have any good recomendations?

Also, what measuerments will i need to provide the spring maker with in order to get the springs im after, like diameter of coil, daimeter of wire etc
  Send a private message to this user    
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Spring maker recomendations / preperations Thu, 07 April 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
King Springs comes to mind when talking about springs, though I don't know if they do customs Confused
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Spring maker recomendations / preperations Thu, 07 April 2005 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i've checked the kings and lovell's catalogues, both make ra65 front and rear springs but i want a custom set and have no idea where to go or what its going to cost
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Spring maker recomendations / preperations Thu, 07 April 2005 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just went through the dramas of ringing every spring place I could think of and getting quotes on custom springs.

No-one could do better than $150 a pair.

But then I got put onto Browns Springs in Thomastown (11 Lipton Drv, 9460 8622) and they seem good (haven't actually got the springs back yet). Around $110 a pair, take him a sample so he can wind it the correct shape, then tell him the rate you want and the amount dropped you want. Come back a few days later and be happy.

He does a lot of automotive stuff, but isn't a "performance" spring place, so he goes up a lot in my opinion.

Hen
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Spring maker recomendations / preperations Thu, 07 April 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brilliant thats just what im after, off to the wreckers to grab me a spare sample spring Very Happy
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Spring maker recomendations / preperations Thu, 07 April 2005 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can recommend Browns Springs - they make my springs. If you get there early enough in the morning, he can do it same day.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Spring maker recomendations / preperations Thu, 07 April 2005 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 22:16

I can recommend Browns Springs - they make my springs. If you get there early enough in the morning, he can do it same day.

made the springs for my adjustable fuel pressure reg too .. VERY GOOD
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Spring maker recomendations / preperations Thu, 07 April 2005 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just bumping the thread if I need these come time for coil-over springs
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Spring maker recomendations / preperations Thu, 07 April 2005 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Their coilover prices are even cheaper....got a set made for $75.
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: Spring maker recomendations / preperations Fri, 08 April 2005 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 22:27

just bumping the thread if I need these come time for coil-over springs

Being from Sydney, A local place that custom made my springs is:
All Springs at 1/62 Heathcote Rd. Moorebank NSW. Ph 02 9601 6155 or 02 9601 6372.
Went in there in the morning drove out the same day.
Supply & fitted = $200.00

[Updated on: Fri, 08 April 2005 13:00]

improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Spring maker recomendations / preperations Fri, 08 April 2005 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are all of these spring cold wound ? As far as i knew the only manufactures that you could get cold wound springs here was kings ?

Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: Spring maker recomendations / preperations Fri, 08 April 2005 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To my knowledge they are cold wound as I don't remember seeing a furnace while I was there.
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Spring maker recomendations / preperations Fri, 08 April 2005 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 22:16

I can second the recommendations.
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Spring maker recomendations / preperations Sat, 09 April 2005 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got custmo springs made at browns, they are good as long as you tell them exactly what you want, i had to get my rears re-set as they were too high, but apart from that they were pretty good.

just be aware that it is very difficult to have springs that are lower, harder and will remain captive.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Spring maker recomendations / preperations Thu, 28 April 2005 06:23 Go to previous message
Hi-Ace, was that for all 4 springs?

Thanks
Joel
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:latest fast fours mag
Next Topic:mk3 supra ute
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 15:04:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066549777984619 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar