Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

MA61 vs MA63 - electric mirror problems Tue, 05 April 2005 10:37 Go to next message
for some reason, my drivers mirror barely moved at all, and when I push up/down on passenger nothing happens, and left/right moves it up/down. Now I cant remember if I used the ma63 or ma61 mirror control, but it is ma61 wiring and ma61 mirrors - can anyone suggest a problem for this?

btw - the drivers side mirror does move fractionally, so the connection is there, it just won't move more than a few mm. Recommend new control pad, or new mirrors?
  Send a private message to this user    
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: MA61 vs MA63 - electric mirror problems Tue, 05 April 2005 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You of all people should know this shouldnt be in this section Rolling Eyes .
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: MA61 vs MA63 - electric mirror problems Tue, 05 April 2005 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
take switches apart and clean contacts - while your in 'switch repair mode' do the window switches as well
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 vs MA63 - electric mirror problems Tue, 05 April 2005 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so I was at work and not really paying attention to to where I was posting - was technically working Smile

mods - move please?

I'm gonna go the contacts - mirrors are my bet, as from memory the ma63 mirrors were working.
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: MA61 vs MA63 - electric mirror problems Thu, 07 April 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Silicon/dry lube might also help. And, again, do your windows while you're at it.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 vs MA63 - electric mirror problems Thu, 07 April 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is the reason I went manual mirrors, I usually only set them once in a blue moon, and they dont f**k up! I'd be checking the mirrors themselves, only one of mine would move when I first got it.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MA61 vs MA63 - electric mirror problems Thu, 07 April 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When I'm reversing in/out of a tight spot, I find it good to point the mirrors at the tyres (esp the rear left), that way I can get the car within mm of what ever it is I am missing.

Granted 99% of the time I never move them, but when I do I'm glad I have them.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 vs MA63 - electric mirror problems Thu, 07 April 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd want to go manual windows too, except that I want to mount tweeters on the inside bit where the handle would be. Still an option tho.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 vs MA63 - electric mirror problems Thu, 07 April 2005 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, I went through this yesterday Smile Mine are now currently mounted at the top of my A-pillars Laughing
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 vs MA63 - electric mirror problems Thu, 07 April 2005 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
picsorban

also picsorban of your paint with the black strips removed
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 vs MA63 - electric mirror problems Thu, 07 April 2005 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll get pics of where I put it tomorrow, but just the holes, cos I don't really wanna touch the panels till I've left them the full 72 hours.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 vs MA63 - electric mirror problems Thu, 07 April 2005 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought you'd welded the holes and painted over?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 vs MA63 - electric mirror problems Fri, 08 April 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm talking about the tweeters, I vinyl sprayed the A-pillars. As for the side of the car, I don't have any real good shots. Looks like this: http://iamfrank.ath.cx/side.jpg
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: MA61 vs MA63 - electric mirror problems Fri, 08 April 2005 00:33 Go to previous message
cool - that's sold me on tearing off the side strips - looks good
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:advice plzzzz
Next Topic:Does anyone have contact with AE86Slut?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 11:53:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055007934570312 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.