Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST FINISHED - EXHAUST DONE! Thu, 31 March 2005 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i plan on taking it to dubbo on the 15th of april, so itd wanna be fuckin going by then!!!
  Send a private message to this user    
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST FINISHED - EXHAUST DONE! Thu, 07 April 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IT RUNS! Very Happy

someone care to host a 13mb video?
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...ALMOST FINISHED - EXHAUST DONE! Thu, 07 April 2005 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I can... i'll PM you my email.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Thu, 07 April 2005 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hurry up Razz
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Thu, 07 April 2005 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 20:04

hurry up Razz

I second this.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Thu, 07 April 2005 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my outlook express is being ghey, im trying guys!
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Thu, 07 April 2005 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sad

My Thunderbird is thirsty for large emails!
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Thu, 07 April 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
add me to icq and ill send it over there dude
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Thu, 07 April 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ICQ is against me Sad

I'll try connect.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Thu, 07 April 2005 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
* VID * VID * VID *

http://www.conceptual.net.au/~peewee/blake.avi

About 3.1meg, needs DivX 5.05

Should be lightning fast.

* VID * VID * VID *

[Updated on: Thu, 07 April 2005 13:01]

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Thu, 07 April 2005 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ooh, 150K+ Smile

sound at idle reminds me of the new XR8 commercials.....
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Thu, 07 April 2005 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the video is broken. I didn't see any skids?
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Thu, 07 April 2005 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well fuck me stupid and call me martha...it RUNS!

well done blake! (and dad)

edit: once this is running and out of the garage - you have to: use the web space given to you with your broadband account, and then learn to ftp Wink

[Updated on: Thu, 07 April 2005 13:14]

V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Thu, 07 April 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the tip charles!

I have a few issues to sort out. Theres no output off the cd blaster unit currently, so that might need repair. I have it wired up good enough that i can run it in until thats fixed though Smile

have to also run a new wire and setup for the fuel pump. Heaps of cleanign up to do wiring etc wise. just those little time consuming things that need doing Smile

it sounds like a dragster...and thats without my extractors!!
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Thu, 07 April 2005 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice.

Congrats on the progress so far - it's gonna be a mean machine!
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Thu, 07 April 2005 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HyDrA wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 23:25

Nice.

yeah considering dad and i have done everything ourselves bar bore the block, im pretty happy with our achievements. built motor from all brand new parts ive bought, shoe-horned it into an old supra and it actually goes! woot! Very Happy

now im scared shitless...the day is nearing i can drive it! some things need to be tidied first...
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Thu, 07 April 2005 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 23:31

HyDrA wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 23:25

Nice.

yeah considering dad and i have done everything ourselves bar bore the block, im pretty happy with our achievements. built motor from all brand new parts ive bought, shoe-horned it into an old supra and it actually goes! woot! Very Happy

now im scared shitless...the day is nearing i can drive it! some things need to be tidied first...

prepare for foot shaking on the clutch.. i know the feeling
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Thu, 07 April 2005 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good there Blake. Well done.

The Bogan machine is RUNNING !!!!!
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Thu, 07 April 2005 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I cannot see anything in that video, but it is still freakin cool Smile
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Fri, 08 April 2005 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damnit! Wheres that bloody pic of Levar Burton from Startrek when I need it "Cant see shit captain!"
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Fri, 08 April 2005 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img169.exs.cx/img169/4300/cantseecaptain1.jpg
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Fri, 08 April 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Fri, 08 April 2005 00:08

prepare for foot shaking on the clutch.. i know the feeling

I can relate Laughing

Congratulations on the engine conversion. Be safe!
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Fri, 08 April 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, it should be taken for its first drive today...shame its raining...
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Fri, 08 April 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shame? Smile You just wont be able to get traction... like that's going to worry you!
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Fri, 08 April 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hope you enjoy getting defected. Smile
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Fri, 08 April 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Fri, 08 April 2005 14:29

I hope you enjoy getting defected. Smile

give it time
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Fri, 08 April 2005 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Fri, 08 April 2005 10:10

Thanks Allan.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Fri, 08 April 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HyDrA wrote on Fri, 08 April 2005 14:07

Shame? Smile You just wont be able to get traction... like that's going to worry you!

heh, it's not like he's going to be getting traction in the dry either Laughing
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Fri, 08 April 2005 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hirogen wrote on Fri, 08 April 2005 15:15

Allan wrote on Fri, 08 April 2005 10:10

Thanks Allan.

my pleasure Hirogen Twisted Evil
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Fri, 08 April 2005 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, did I say thank you? I meant blow me Laughing
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Fri, 08 April 2005 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well what an afternoon! first we have a bit of running a bit warm, then we have fuel delivery problems!

Problem no 1 was a thermostat that opens too late (my bad) and it wasnt opening in time to cool the motor. Removed the guts of the thermostat, now works like a dream. It shouldnt need a thermostat anyway, the motor is that tight it creates dickloads of heat.

problem no 2 was the fuel regulator was wound up too high, and also the holley fuel pump needs to run a ventilated fuel tank (which the ma61 is not) so unscrewed the filler cap and beautiful!

So as it stands now, it runs beautiful, just need to run a wire to the fuel pump for final installation, and also wire up the choke (electronic one on this carby)
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Fri, 08 April 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Fri, 08 April 2005 19:20

Problem no 1 was a thermostat that opens too late (my bad) and it wasnt opening in time to cool the motor. Removed the guts of the thermostat, now works like a dream. It shouldnt need a thermostat anyway, the motor is that tight it creates dickloads of heat.

There is no way your motor is tighter than mine.

Put a thermostat in, its the quickest way to prematurely kill a motor running without one.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Fri, 08 April 2005 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id like to put my money on the table. your motor is not BRAND NEW, and it isnt running 10.66:1 compression ratio.

not running a thermostat wont do shit to the motor, it heats up that quick it doesnt matter. i might consider putting a 60" one in it later, but for now its fine.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Fri, 08 April 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Fri, 08 April 2005 19:32

id like to put my money on the table. your motor is not BRAND NEW, and it isnt running 10.66:1 compression ratio.

not running a thermostat wont do shit to the motor, it heats up that quick it doesnt matter. i might consider putting a 60" one in it later, but for now its fine.

Motors run TOO COLD without thermostats.

Most people find the motor runs sub 70deg without one (Toyota's)

So unless you have designed your motor (clearances) to run at the non-thermostated temperature you ARE going to create premature wear.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Fri, 08 April 2005 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine runs at half way without one. It even went a bit over half after standing still and idling high for about 10/15 minutes, but it held it at that temp.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Fri, 08 April 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Fri, 08 April 2005 19:38

mine runs at half way without one. It even went a bit over half after standing still and idling high for about 10/15 minutes, but it held it at that temp.

You can't go off the factory gauge (if that is what you are looking at)

That middle bar has about 30deg range.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Fri, 08 April 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as i said, it went just over the middle bar, and believe me the water and motor were quite warm.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Fri, 08 April 2005 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my 2c worth: get a lower temp thermostat - and drill a few extra bleed holes in it - that way it will get up to temps quicker than no-thermostat - but will start flowing at alower temp than a stock windsor.

most trident thermos list the opening temp on the packaging makign it easy to find alternatives.

if you run some hefty coolant (toyota green?) it might deal with the heat better?

puts pointy-headed cap on: are you sure the fans are blowing the right way? in theory, those two super fans that you're running should suck more air thru the rad than michael jackson at a primary school athletics day
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Fri, 08 April 2005 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah charles, its more than likely ill install a thermostat soon enough. Im running NULON green coolant, it exceeds toyota specs. also costs a pretty penny. The thing takes 10 litres (maybe more..not 100%)

i had to go two smaller fans, as those toyota ones were hitting the motor (my bad) as i said, it was just at stand still, its brand new (every part) and running high compression, and it was also idling high and not even timed yet!!
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Sat, 09 April 2005 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thermostats are for pussies!!

go blake!!
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Sat, 09 April 2005 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 wrote on Sat, 09 April 2005 15:46

thermostats are for pussies!!

go blake!!

you're not running one are you ed Rolling Eyes
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Sat, 09 April 2005 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i am - especially when i heeded the advice from others and did some research
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Sat, 09 April 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no kidding? good for you.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Sat, 09 April 2005 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now now boys play nicely
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Mon, 11 April 2005 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Sat, 09 April 2005 23:49

now now boys play nicely

i dont know what you mean allan? Rolling Eyes
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Mon, 11 April 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, it finally got started, never thought id see the day. congrats.
please let us all know if you are going to be able to get that thing engineered.
Very glad you didnt paint your car green too.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 April 2005 12:44]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Mon, 11 April 2005 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There there Mike, we share your pain.
JAZE
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Mon, 11 April 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Razz
barned01
Regular

September 2003
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Mon, 11 April 2005 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as there is too many pages to read and i read too slowly and want to go to bed, i was wondering, if you have built this engine from the ground up, that would mean you honed the bores and put brand spanky new piston rings in right?
curious now as to how you are bedding the piston rings in as i thought you had to place them under load as soon as possible after warming the engine up for the first time.
i am soo impressed with your efforts, i want a v8.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Sat, 16 April 2005 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes i built everything from scratch, with the help of my old man...

I was spewing today when i thought i had no gears...turned out to be a yoke that was too big inside diameter. A LONG trip to the wreckers and i now have a new yoke...back to the tailshaft mob we go!!

SIgh...one night this week i should be able to drive it
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Sun, 17 April 2005 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine is tighter than all yours

0.00015" piston to bore clearance
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Sun, 17 April 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dunno what mine is - 30 tho over Razz
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Sun, 17 April 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so have u driven it AT ALL yet??

or u still waiting on T/shaft to be modded??

i bet the anxiety is building Razz ...that first drive Evil or Very Mad ...its coming
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Sun, 17 April 2005 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no i havent driven it yet...wednesday i hope
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Mon, 18 April 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
apparently they now manufacture aftermarket yokes for r154s, due to high demand. for future reference for those who care, a340e and r154 yokes are identical.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Mon, 18 April 2005 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aftermarket ones billet? take bigger uni's? any positives over toyota ones???
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Mon, 18 April 2005 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigger unis (99% sure)

Serviceable unis (toyota are definetly not)

Billet, yes i believe so.

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Mon, 18 April 2005 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So what yoke did you try to use?
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Mon, 18 April 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pics!!! tailshaft is on the todo list for the ma70... *sigh*
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Tue, 19 April 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
you realise you have to have a whole new shaft made allan?

I ended up trying it in the r154 out of a a340e
Pages (7): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Camry SV21
Next Topic:PIX of my Camry SV21..... :)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 15:44:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010685920715332 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.