Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » It wont move..........

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
It wont move.......... Fri, 08 April 2005 06:35 Go to next message
hey pplz,
my little brother drives a vp commodore, its his get around to uni and back. heres the other problem Razz, it idles nicely but cuts out alot when driving. ive checked to see if there is spark in all the leads and it seems there is.

any help or suggestions on what this could be would be greatly appreciated.

oh and please dont start flameing cause its a commodore, yeh i know it sucks and its a P.O.S, but hey it gets him to were it goes and it helps him save his $$$
  Send a private message to this user    
Redwarf
Regular

February 2005
Re: It wont move.......... Fri, 08 April 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Being an ex-commodore driver, I'd start at the leads and work from there. When it's nice and dark, lift the bonnet of the car and see if you can see blue flashes around the plug lead. If so, it's buggered. My VS used to occasionally crap a lead, and you'd think the world was coming to an end......

R
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: It wont move.......... Fri, 08 April 2005 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Could also be your coil packs on the way out, if the car drives fine and just shits out of nowhere, then leave it for like 15 mins then it starts again chances are it could be this.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: It wont move.......... Fri, 08 April 2005 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crank angle sensor
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: It wont move.......... Fri, 08 April 2005 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm with the coil packs.
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: It wont move.......... Sat, 09 April 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well........ im guessing its the coil packs to, i left the car sitting and it was fine when i turned it back on!!! cheers for everyones help.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: It wont move.......... Sat, 09 April 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crank angle sensor bet ya $10, my bogan couzen's vn used to put 4 legs in the air and used to douse the crank angle sensor in water and off it went, aftermarket replacements dont last long so go genuine.
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: It wont move.......... Sat, 09 April 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cranke angle sensor?? what is that exactly and where can i find it??

im trying to do all the work on my own Very Happy if i wreck anything then meh! its just a commy.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: It wont move.......... Sat, 09 April 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it go's behind the crank pully JOY
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: It wont move.......... Sat, 09 April 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok cheers for that, ill have a fiddle with it and consult my handy commodore book Razz
81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
Re: It wont move.......... Sat, 09 April 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could be the injectors as well or even as simple as ablocked air cleaner, just enough flow to idle but starving for air when you accelerate.
fatboy
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: It wont move.......... Sat, 09 April 2005 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah. crank angle sensor. if not, throw it in the bin, get a corolla.
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: It wont move.......... Sat, 09 April 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i already do have a rolla Very Happy bestest cars evah! the commy was given to my lil bro to help him get started (uni n stuff). he WILL throw it away in about a 2mnths time.
fatboy
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: It wont move.......... Sat, 09 April 2005 04:49 Go to previous message
Laughing i think someones lil bro needs some sibling inspiration.

but honestly the crank sensors fahark up on commos like rear tyres on a sprinter.

with any luck project hachi rona (73 corona) will have similar effect haha Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Air temp sensor on aegze
Next Topic:Use a Nintendo Gameboy to display car info and help tune ??????????
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 17:08:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057129859924316 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.