Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Steering wheel vibration at idle and car shaking...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Steering wheel vibration at idle and car shaking... Sat, 09 April 2005 10:10 Go to next message
My gfs automatic 92 model corollla shakes while at idle but only in drive, if you put it into neutral or park it is fine but once you put it in drive the revs stay the same but the whole car vibrates. A rear gearbox mount has recently been repaired. The front one looks suspect (the one down near the radiator) - but would this be causing it do you think???

..any other ideas..I have played with idle speed etc. But it is only when you are in Drive and have foot on brake ie.e wiaiting at lighs etc.

Reverse is fine also.

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Steering wheel vibration at idle and car shaking... Sat, 09 April 2005 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HighRolla wrote on Sat, 09 April 2005 20:10

My gfs automatic 92 model corollla shakes while at idle but only in drive, if you put it into neutral or park it is fine but once you put it in drive the revs stay the same but the whole car vibrates. A rear gearbox mount has recently been repaired. The front one looks suspect (the one down near the radiator) - but would this be causing it do you think???

..any other ideas..I have played with idle speed etc. But it is only when you are in Drive and have foot on brake ie.e wiaiting at lighs etc.

Reverse is fine also.

Thanks

My brothers Charade had the smae problem, fuked it off before we could figure it out, but it did seem to be the front engine mount.

Cheers

Steve
HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Steering wheel vibration at idle and car shaking... Sat, 09 April 2005 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice...anyone else with a AE92 corolla or similar?
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Steering wheel vibration at idle and car shaking... Sat, 09 April 2005 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iv had a coworkers ae82 auto stalling Rolling Eyes
if it have problems accelerating then probly needs like a major service or sparkplugs or igition leads or something
HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Steering wheel vibration at idle and car shaking... Sat, 09 April 2005 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doesn't stall..runs well. If in Neutral or Park or Reverse idles smoothly..if you put it in drive it idles at the same RPM though plenty of vibration Sad

hence I'm not looking into leads etc...

Thanks anyway
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Steering wheel vibration at idle and car shaking... Sat, 09 April 2005 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
obviously, your clutches have somethting to do with it, all auto cars will be slightly more shakey in drive than in park or neutral.

yours seems unusally so, i would get it checked out by a mechanic, or at least a mechanically inclined friend.

something is wrong, you should get it checked out immediatly, before it does any permanant damage.

Eldar.O.
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Steering wheel vibration at idle and car shaking... Sun, 10 April 2005 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im sure soon someone will have an explanation for this problem. seems to happen all the time (to frens cars etc) but never really thought of it
HighRolla
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Steering wheel vibration at idle and car shaking... Mon, 11 April 2005 00:35 Go to previous message
The car has had a recod auto box about 1.5 years ago. The front engine mount looks like it is broken but I thought if this was the problem then even in Reverse or neutral or Park it should still make the vibration, but it doesnt. I wonder if its the load it places on the mounts is differnet in drive to Reverse..??

I dont want to replace the mount and find that doesnt fix it though. I might get the transmission place that recod the box to have a look. I dont like autos!!

[Updated on: Mon, 11 April 2005 00:36]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:electric mess, what goes where?
Next Topic:4AGE Flywheels
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 06:27:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005108118057251 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.