Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » Simon-AE86's NEW drift car -finally running but not finished

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - NOW WITH PICS Sat, 09 April 2005 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just got my bar and wing, the bar is from Streeter and its terrible in terms of build quality.... not happy at all with it and am going to need to spend some time smoothinhg it out
  Send a private message to this user    
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Sat, 09 April 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who cares about quality, its just gonna fly off on the track anyway...

blame it on drift damage

gl with it simon, hope to see u back out there soon, but represent toyota, not nissan...
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Sat, 09 April 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmm looks almost as tatsy as the soarer in the background Laughing
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Sat, 09 April 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i care about quality

are all the jblood copies like this?

all the streeter bars ive seen are warped in the middle

josh's was
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Sat, 09 April 2005 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this one is very warped, the brackets supplied dont bolt up to anything nor do they line up with the existing bumper mount.

i am not happy with the product but i needed a bar and soon .
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Sat, 09 April 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Streeter 100% quality eh? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Sat, 09 April 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats why I just used a lip on an OEM bumper and not an FRP bumper..

Most FRP bumpers I have seen are all a bit dodgy

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Sat, 09 April 2005 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im skeptical about getting the streeter sideskirts because of stories like this
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Sat, 09 April 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im skeptical about getting streeter anything. Of all teh parts they have made that ive seen, its all been shit. *sigh*
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Sat, 09 April 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey simon, PM me and ill get you on the track to straightening the bar, its not as hard as you would expect
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Sat, 09 April 2005 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm sort of with Shiri on this one Smile Given how much you love teh dirt Simon you may want to spend as little time as possible getting that front skirt sorted out Very Happy

Gotta love the space saver wheel and the corpse in the background off to the left.

Matt - is that your Soarer behind? Looks like progress is good!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Sat, 09 April 2005 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FWDboy wrote on Sat, 09 April 2005 21:32

Matt - is that your Soarer behind? Looks like progress is good!

progress is good Smile

check teh thread Wink click me

improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Sat, 09 April 2005 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am surprised that those paper thin fiberglass products get state to state without people unpacking the box to discover its turned to fiberglass dust Laughing .

I have never seen any of those rear wings , and front lips arrive in one piece in this state . And hows the gap under the headlights and grill , well you will have extra cooling going into winter Laughing

And if thats one of there rear wings you have to reinforce it in the lower center because they bow there big time Rolling Eyes , unless you and glassing it to the hatch to make it one piece .

But good to see the car is taking shape there Smile
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Sun, 10 April 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can you say, with side skirts, get them re-inforced/flattenned out?

say if i went to our local happy MFX fibreglassers and got them to strengthen them? and then high fill and sand smooth and flat and fill that horrid gap in the drivers side?
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Sun, 10 April 2005 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what is this gap that all u guys go on about, did they use a crappy mould or something?!
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Sun, 10 April 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch, the gap is between the top of the skirt and the body.

Its pretty bad if your looking at the gap, but from a distance you wont notice.

When most of these cars are going to be used for drifting and are going to get alot more hacked up, I dont really see what the big deal is.

I mean my cars probably alot more showy than 90% of the AE86s out there and theres other things that worry me more than this.

The bottom line is, Streeters stuff is pretty crap, but where else are you going to get Vertex/Jblood copys for so cheap in Aus??

You can see the gap people are talking about in this pic of mine, but personally im more worried about the gap between my hatch and the body..

http://wtljkane.customer.netspace.net.au/blackrears.JPG

ae8620v
Regular

March 2004
Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Sun, 10 April 2005 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey there simon all the streeter stuff looks like this trust me mine was the same i've worked out how to get the front bar to sit good if you would like som pics just ask. but with the side skirts i don't know if i can help you not sure if any one can
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Sun, 10 April 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my hatch has the same gap
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Sun, 10 April 2005 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae8620v if u could email me some pics that would be great.

simon-ae86@airnet.com.au
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Sun, 10 April 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh yeh i see what u mean sean, it is rather small it wouldnt worry me so much. couldnt u just put on a few more layers of fibreglass there, and then rub it back? its not a large gap so that would prolly do it?

oh and i have a similar gap in my hatch too, i think they all do Embarassed
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Sun, 10 April 2005 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fact remains, when you buy a product. it should be suitable for use straight away rather then having to spend time and money (after you have spent good money buying it alread) modifying it to fit properly
AE86T
Forums Junkie

Forums sponsor

August 2002
Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Mon, 11 April 2005 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys

I didnt want to stick my nose in it, but i felt that I needed to clarify something.

In regards to gaps in the front bumper, I have the original J-blood which I paid in the vacinty of $2800-3000 landed and I can assure you they have gaps at the front bumper because they dont have any sort of support in the middle.

What you have are copies of the original. I did not do anything to them before i got them moulded. They were bought brand new from Japan and sent straight for moulding. Copies are identical in regards to fitting. Even my original when i go to trial fit it, if i want the perfect fit, I will need to fabricate a bracket to hold the middle of the bumper up to stop it from sagging and smallen up the gaps between the headlights. When I had my s15 Silvia, I had the original Vertex bodykit and there were gaps between the headlights and front bumper, all it need was a bit of mucking around to lift it up because the way it was suppose to be fitted had gaps.

My customer here in Perth and few others have spent some time to fiddle around with it in order to get the perfect fit. Unfortunately I myself will need to do the same thing for my original and you would think they j-blood original will be straight perfect fit onto any ae86 but it is not. It is the same with the side steps and rear pods, all copies fitting wise is what you get as the originals, I have lined up my original and it will need some work to get the perfect fit.

These kits are all manufacturered by Ken Streeter and will need to be preparred before fitting. In regards to thickness and flexiblity, Kens stuff is thicker and more flexible, but my originals are lighter and finished very well and doesnt need much to be painted as you paying almost 3 times what you pay for copies. The j-blood originals will need to be prepped and rubbed back back painting anyways.

Just my input fellas.

Regards

Wei

[Updated on: Mon, 11 April 2005 03:38]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Mon, 11 April 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wei, the this massive 8mm gap on the driver side skirt present on the original?
AE86T
Forums Junkie

Forums sponsor

August 2002
Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Mon, 11 April 2005 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have not actaully fitted properly onto the car myself, but when i was down at the panel shop where my car and gear is at, we trial fitted the side skirt putting it against the car with quick test run, didnt really spend much time doing it due to my car not ready for a very long time, but in any case my painter/fitter reckons it didnt fit propery onto the car without doing some work to it. I know there is small gap all along the side, thats what the black rubber lining is for which j-blood supplied.

I have put the original and copies against the car and they are the both the same. There are guys whos already bought them and fitted them on their cars so you may want to ask them what they did to prepare it to get it to fit as I am not using my ae86 for a long time.

I also forgot to mention is it both sides of side skirt or one side? I know Ken shaved of one side of my original side skirts in order to get it to fit better but im not sure which side hed did it to. This was after he moulded it think though.

When he send the original kit back to me, he shaved one side to show me the difference and ask me to shave the other side too when i go to fit it as it will fit much better. Thats what I was told.

Any more questions and queries, please PM me, I dont want to take up this threads space.

Regards

WEi

[Updated on: Mon, 11 April 2005 05:12]

mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Mon, 11 April 2005 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh there is no kit in the world that will fit perfectly on to a car. Other day i trail fitted a original jblood wing a mate had onto my car and it was shocking to say the least, and thats straight from japan. I also bought myself a mfx trd wing once but not to bad mouth people i wont tell you the story except for me ending up spendin alot of time to get it decent enough to sell for a $100 and a bottle of turkey
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Mon, 11 April 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wei: its only on one side where there is a gap. I actually used thicker rubber strips that I sourced myself to minimise the gap, but its still there.

To me it looks as though the skirt is slightly too long for the car and bows in the middle when attatched firmly, so probably wouldnt show on a trial fit.

From my brief experiance Streeters vertex style kits have more problems than your Jblood copies in term of fit.
AE86T
Forums Junkie

Forums sponsor

August 2002
Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Mon, 11 April 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skaney: Yes the rubber strips is what j-blood originally provided and kens sources the exact same thickness ones but if the gap is bigger you can source bigger rubber linings, or what my panel beater did last time on silvia was use some sort of cement or silicon compound along with the lining to fill the gap.

Thats very strange how you say the side skirt is too long, I have another customer say the side skirts are too short and cant stretch out. When i trial fitted my original, mine was very very tight but can stretch out, my front quarters were loosely attached on my car so all i needed to do was adjust the it to pull it to the front more or closer to the door, either way, i will mostly likely be changing to different front fenders anway and fine tune the gaps and get the better fit for the skirts.

I guess its hard thing to call as every single AE86 out there is different and the cars are getting older and older which doesnt help fitting wise.

Regards

WEi

*sorry for imposing on your thread simon*

Anymore feedbacks or opinions about the bodykits etc, please start a new thread unless simon doesnt mind us whoring is thread.
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Mon, 11 April 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no i dont mind at all.

just trying to find the cause of this common problem.
Candellan
Newcomer

March 2004
Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Tue, 12 April 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That 8mm gap is for a rubber strip. without it you'll rub the paint & it'll rust in no time.

How much did you pay for the kit?

[Updated on: Tue, 12 April 2005 01:00]

TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Tue, 12 April 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Simon, are you planning on running Nissan or Toyota setup on the front end? (shocks, brakes, etc?)
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Tue, 12 April 2005 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Candellan wrote on Tue, 12 April 2005 10:55

That 8mm gap is for a rubber strip. without it you'll rub the paint & it'll rust in no time.

How much did you pay for the kit?

its been said that people are running bigger rubber than normal and even with the rubber its still 8mm!

without its massive! Sad
Candellan
Newcomer

March 2004
Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Tue, 12 April 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The skirt shown doesn't look like it has the rubber strip from that photo.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Tue, 12 April 2005 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skaney wrote on Mon, 11 April 2005 21:42

From my brief experiance Streeters vertex style kits have more problems than your Jblood copies in term of fit.

disagree there

My kit was one of the first to be distributed after Shane's one in Brissy, complete with front bar. The kit was suprisingly very straight and tidy, i haven't got any issue in terms of the sideskirt, only my passenger side rear gaurd is rusted up and i had to bent it a few mm to get a decent hole to screw into..

Similarly, i went to help out a friend trying to buy a pair of J-blood copy sideskirts from a person who was obviously selling cuz of the aformentioned reasons, and to say the least, i was scratching my head as to whether these skirts were made for an ae86.

my mates ae86 is DEAD straight and these skirts were like bananas.

Not to give anyone a bad name, but i have to agree that any fibreglass production items will inevitably be off, as sadly makers get complacent with mass distributing them in bulk therefor tend to pay little attention to detail.

guess its just a matter of luck Confused
AE86T
Forums Junkie

Forums sponsor

August 2002
Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Tue, 12 April 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys,

Heres some pics from the jblood website

http://www.j-blood.com/86levin/pic/0066.jpg

http://www.j-blood.com/86levin/pic/0070.jpg

http://www.j-blood.com/86levin/pic/0022.jpg

http://www.j-blood.com/86levin/pic/0058.jpg

http://www.j-blood.com/86levin/pic/0059.jpg

There are large substantial gaps on their Jblood demo car which I think all of you are talking about.

Like I said, originals are as it is, as I have the originals, and they are moulded exactly the same so copies are the same fitting.

Ken is not at fault for the fitting of them. As you can see from the originals and the jblood demo car, these are how they fit, if you are after a jblood kit, this is going to be and how they fit whether u pay 1/3 the price for copies or full price for originals.

Regards

WEi

ae8620v
Regular

March 2004
Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Tue, 12 April 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey there all again just thought i'd throw my two bob i again, hey there wei it's beau from sydney the copies that streeter is making are crap and you know how i feel about this by the numerous calls i gave you and ken. I thought i would have got better value for money but thats a whole other story. when i rang ken about the sag in the front bar he knew all about it and sudgested that i bond a piece of wood to the inside of the bar to keep it straight, now why the hell can't he do this at the time of manufacture to make every bodies life easier. And the side skirts what an abortion, they make my straight car look bent and buckled, the skirts are rubbish and should be thrown in the bin. and the bits on the rear bar suprisingly fitted ok. Simon i'm still working on some pics for you though to give you a brief description of what i have done, cut the pathetic tags off of the front bar and cut some sheet metal (preferably ali) the same width as the outside of the headlights, around 1200mm approx, and make it 130mm wide, fold each side up 20mm to make a small c section i then fixed it to the bar mounts, i then used dzus fasteners to fix the bar to the ali and the end result is a flat level front bar
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Tue, 12 April 2005 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive only heard good things about these guys in america also!

http://www.andysautosport.com/models.php?make=Toyo ta&id=To84Coroll

almost the same cost even after shipping!

and apparently their fibreglass is slightly urethaned so its twistable and bendable without cracking!

if you look in the pics, the fitment is much better!
WaLLLY
Regular

February 2005
Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Tue, 12 April 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hye mate, sweet 86! Smile

would you be able to give me a run down with costs of the things you have done, just to but in perspective for me.

Cheers, keep it up with the pics
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Tue, 12 April 2005 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
costs? hmmm

Maybe soon, when its all done. but needless to say its fairly cheap compared to some cars .
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Tue, 12 April 2005 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Garth where the hell do you pull all these web sites from Shocked
What about this one : http://www.origin-lab.com/sae86levin.htm
remember that Simon
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Tue, 12 April 2005 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
adam i live, breathe and, if i could, eat these cars

i gather information as i go Smile

that originlab car is fucking sexy
mmmmmm candy apple red
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Tue, 12 April 2005 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and cheap too. i regret buying the streeter copy now i should have got an origin bar.

$395 for bar or $990 for whole kit. thats a Jap quality kit too!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Tue, 12 April 2005 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or theres modified INC

http://www.modifiedinc.com/inline_86_products.html

these kits fit fantastically
check the photos, they IMPROVED the design when they copied them!

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Tue, 12 April 2005 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Tue, 12 April 2005 23:16

adam i live, breathe and, if i could, eat these cars

My soarer eats these cars Laughing
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Tue, 12 April 2005 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/metallicblue.gif
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Tue, 12 April 2005 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would it be possible to import the origin lab body kit?
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Tue, 12 April 2005 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its already been done for you.

Call D1Garage, they have them coming
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Tue, 12 April 2005 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bah, who needs to make it look good. My 86 has AE82 chunky fat square sideskirts on it, which over hang the ends by 10mm or so. It looks fine. Laughing

I care so little.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Tue, 12 April 2005 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon-AE86 wrote on Wed, 13 April 2005 06:36

Awesome, in SA too so get to see before buying. If those front bars are $400 im getting one!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Wed, 13 April 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arch wrote on Wed, 13 April 2005 08:05

Awesome, in SA too so get to see before buying. If those front bars are $400 im getting one!

the whole kit is inbetween $1000 and $1200 anyway, why not go the whole lot Wink
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Wed, 13 April 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats not too bad.
I was going to get a j-blood copy but it sounds like its shit.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Wed, 13 April 2005 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1GGTE wrote on Wed, 13 April 2005 11:52

Arch wrote on Wed, 13 April 2005 08:05

the whole kit is inbetween $1000 and $1200 anyway, why not go the whole lot Wink

coz im a pov bastard, and i still need brakes and a bucket Razz and they come before any cosmetics
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Wed, 13 April 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im also not 100% happy with the side skirts i got from Streeter, they seem to fit well enough, althought there are some gaps, but my main concern was the bullshit i was feed whilst talking to Ken himself.

"yeah steve, just primer/paint and then fit.

Pigs arse just primer then paint.
No fukin way i was just primer/painting and sticking them on my car, or anybody elses.

I spent 12hrs sanding the fukers back to get a decent quality finish and i still couldnt get it right, in the end i gave up and filled all the holes with primer.

End result 80% happy

My rant over

Cheers

Steve
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Thu, 14 April 2005 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For hardcore AE86 owners your a picky bunch Smile

I just primered and painted (with cheapo matte black spray can I may add) my whole kit and it looks fine
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Thu, 14 April 2005 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skaney wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 17:19

For hardcore AE86 owners your a picky bunch Smile

I just primered and painted (with cheapo matte black spray can I may add) my whole kit and it looks fine

Does that include the pandaisation of your bumpers? You got a really good finish!
Skaney
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Thu, 14 April 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well originally the panda on my bumpers were done by a professional, but it chipped off on my way to Melbourne so I re-painted it using spray cans Smile

I have to be careful when washing it though as the paint comes off! cheapo paint Confused

truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Thu, 14 April 2005 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try dulux, that is pretty resiliant to water etc and u can even lightly polish it Shocked
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Fri, 15 April 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FKN16V i know exactly wat u are saying.... i had to do quite abit of sanding on my kit aswell..

streeter kits are shit in the way that they warp along the tops and every single side skirt i have seen or spoken to the person who has them thier passenger side one has a big gap in it.

i know with my next project sprinter i wont be getting a kit for it, but i guess you learn as you go
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Fri, 15 April 2005 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toyoda, origin kits are the way to go Wink
Candellan
Newcomer

March 2004
Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Sun, 17 April 2005 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well as it's been said, the original kit didn't fit perfectly so how is it better?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Simon-AE86's NEW drift car - Got Wing and Bar now - more pics Sun, 17 April 2005 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
becuase its only $995 for a full kit you live with imperfections, the streeter is $500 odd for just the front bar Rolling Eyes
Pages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Trent's 1981 Toyota Corolla KE55E (56K Warning)
Next Topic:Tiffs RA28 (THE 18RG RESURRECTION!)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 18:52:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0096859931945801 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.