Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Fabbz
Occasional Poster

October 2004
What power can i expect from my 1JZ Sun, 10 April 2005 03:21 Go to next message
Hey all, dont post here much but have been doing alot of reading.....seems to be alot of variations in 1JZ power levels with the same mods.

I have two questions. How much higher does a dyno dynamics dyno set to shoot out mode read in comparison to a standard dynomometer. I made 180rwkw on a standard dyno, Im curious of how different my result would be on a dyno set to shootout. What is the technical reason for shootout mode reading higher?

What power (kw)and torque (nm) would you estimate I will make with the following basic mods.

1JZ with 80 000kms
Custom Y pipe - 2.5inch dumps into 3 inch piping
Full 3 inch exhaust with stock cat
SAFC-II
Intake
15psi

I get my car back in a few days so Im just curious of what sort of power I will be making.

[Updated on: Sun, 10 April 2005 03:22]

Send a private message to this user    
Kyosho
Regular

November 2004
Re: What power can i expect from my 1JZ Sun, 10 April 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The reason for huge variations in power is dependant on the operator...
A lot of operators run in outright power... But the smart operators will run the dyno in SAE mode, which adjusts the "power" depending on temperature, humidity and height above sea level to give a measure of power that is comparable with other locations and temperatures...
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What power can i expect from my 1JZ Sun, 10 April 2005 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
standard cooler? if so, your 15psi will not be making as much benefit as you might hope.

With similar mods (microtech, 16psi and fmic tho) I made 213. Max power figures are only any good for comparing dick size anyhow.
Kyosho
Regular

November 2004
Re: What power can i expect from my 1JZ Sun, 10 April 2005 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Sun, 10 April 2005 13:40

standard cooler? if so, your 15psi will not be making as much benefit as you might hope.

With similar mods (microtech, 16psi and fmic tho) I made 213. Max power figures are only any good for comparing dick size anyhow.

Damn right... 1/4 mile times is where it's at!
Fabbz
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: What power can i expect from my 1JZ Sun, 10 April 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm interesting. Yes standard cooler. I thought I would make closer to 220rwkw rather then closer to 200rwkw. Either way it should be fairly entertaining compared to my previous 180rwkw 7MGTE yeah?

I agree! Power numbers can mean very little. For example, my 7MGTE which made 180rwkw was able to hold 1 1/12 car lengths ahead from a dig against my mates 258rwkw 300zx all the way until 130km's!

Id imagine with my mods I may be able to pull a high 13 second pass in the 1JZ considering the 300zx ran a 13.5 1/4 mile pass.

[Updated on: Sun, 10 April 2005 04:12]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What power can i expect from my 1JZ Sun, 10 April 2005 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that would depen on what car it is in Smile

personally with my mods as they are I'm hoping for a 13 flat.
you may be able to eek more peak power out of it, but my specific instructions to the tuner were to make maximum usable power for most revs... so I have over 200rwkw for the important bit of my rev range Smile
Fabbz
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: What power can i expect from my 1JZ Sun, 10 April 2005 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That leads me to another question Its obviously worthwhile putting in an aftermarket FMIC. What's the largest core that will fit? Are there many coolers that are a direct bolt into the 1JZ so as to retain the stock IC piping

Fabbz
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: What power can i expect from my 1JZ Sun, 10 April 2005 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Sun, 10 April 2005 14:13

that would depen on what car it is in Smile

personally with my mods as they are I'm hoping for a 13 flat.
you may be able to eek more peak power out of it, but my specific instructions to the tuner were to make maximum usable power for most revs... so I have over 200rwkw for the important bit of my rev range Smile

Ah very true, we arnt after just peak power like many other dyno queens are. We are after a usable power curve.....I think thats where my mates 300zx failed. It was tuned by UAS for peak power. He hit 258rwkw at 180km in fourth gear.......before then it was only a little over 180rwkw.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What power can i expect from my 1JZ Sun, 10 April 2005 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
once again - need to know what car to tell you largest core. generally people run 600x300x76. I'm running 650x250x90. You'll find most coolers don't fit nicely on to the stock piping, but there are 1jz intercooler kits out there if you don't feel like forking out for custom piping.
Fabbz
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: What power can i expect from my 1JZ Sun, 10 April 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry mate. Ive put a 1JZ into an MA70
Mofo III
Regular

March 2004

Re: What power can i expect from my 1JZ Sun, 10 April 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think you will be dissapointed if your aiming for 220rwkw!, and your would probably get that 15psi naturally if you got a 3" cat and fmic.

the stock cat will probably kill any gains from the twin dumps.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: What power can i expect from my 1JZ Sun, 10 April 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
another major factor which you have not mentioned is are you running manual or auto transmission
that has a major effect on total power
Fabbz
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: What power can i expect from my 1JZ Sun, 10 April 2005 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apologies for being so vague. I have a manual R154 with brand new standard exedy clutch.

I am looking forward to getting the 1JZ back so much that I forgot to include the basics in my post. Razz
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: What power can i expect from my 1JZ Sun, 10 April 2005 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id say you need a decent intercooler, its the only place you have skimped...
Fabbz
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: What power can i expect from my 1JZ Sun, 10 April 2005 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Sun, 10 April 2005 17:45

id say you need a decent intercooler, its the only place you have skimped...

Mmmm, ok fair enough. I though the stock cooler was relativley Ok. I can look into geting an after market cooler. What would you reccomend? How much is it going to set me back. I can find coolers for around $500 but its usually all the piping that bumps the cost up. Is the intercooler piping on a 1JZ fairly simple. Without having seen it Im taking a guess that is far easier then the U type intercoolers on the 7M.

What fits nicley, and isn't too expensive for an MA70 chassis. Im willing to spend around $1000 on a decent cooler. What sort of power gains can I expect to see with it in comparison to the stock IC?

[Updated on: Sun, 10 April 2005 07:52]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: What power can i expect from my 1JZ Sun, 10 April 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Piping should be relatively simple, but I can personally say for sure
Ive never driven my car personally with a stock intercooler..
and the only comparison I can make is between my car as a manual and a an auto jza70 with stock intercooler.. so its useless comparing them.
I would expect you would see some good gains, how much exactly cant be said.
Im just running one of the 600x300x75 ones you get for like 500 bucks and it works a treat for the cost.
The piping is all 3 inch mandrel piping and it only cost me an extra 500
Fabbz
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: What power can i expect from my 1JZ Sun, 10 April 2005 08:02 Go to previous message
Thanks for all the replies. I will look further into getting a front mount interccoler.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What forged pistons for 3T GTE?
Next Topic:Electonic ignition for 18RG
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 14:36:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.041052103042603 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.