Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Ronin86
Occasional Poster

March 2005
webber carbys Sun, 10 April 2005 06:15 Go to next message
just would some tell if a TE cortina webber carby i got from a friend can fit onto my 4k manifold or if would would be any other carbie that would fit

any help

cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: webber carbys Sun, 10 April 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alfa 33 carbies bit apparently, or u could use a datto 180b one but ud prolly be best of getting it rejetted.
Ronin86
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: webber carbys Mon, 11 April 2005 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well got this carbie so hopeing ican fit it to my 4k ,it seems to be a dgv 32/34 or what ever is that to big, will it be a big improvement over the current stock carby
bassy
Regular

July 2004
Re: webber carbys Mon, 11 April 2005 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they are an improvement, might need to rejett it depending on the mods. Redline make an adapter to suit.
Ronin86
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: webber carbys Mon, 11 April 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well not sure on the size to be honest Sad it has 27 and 26 on the housings so it mught right size , my engine is pretty stock exept headers and exhust
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: webber carbys Mon, 11 April 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you want a primary choke around 22-24mm to have good low throttle driveability.
26mm is too big.
Ronin86
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: webber carbys Mon, 11 April 2005 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so this webber from a TE cortina would no good then or would need to modify the carbie more
OldSchoolRolla
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: webber carbys Mon, 11 April 2005 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So wat carby from another car will bolt strate in n make a good improvement????
Ronin86
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: webber carbys Tue, 12 April 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
like said i got this webber from a cortina want to know if it would bolt straight in and would it improve my engine power, or would need a adapter, or has any one fitted said carby to a k series engine , cos this carby was recommended on this site

http://superjamie.net/oldcorollas/
rollin_stock
Regular

February 2005
Re: webber carbys Tue, 12 April 2005 10:06 Go to previous message
32/34 or 32/36 downdraught weber will not bolt on, need adapter plate, redline make one but they are pretty shitty, well i got one for my dato 1600 (same adapter) and they dont fit that well, if you want to do it nicely i would suggest getting someone to modify your manifold $$$, but unless you are going to rejet the carb and get a cam to suit you wont have a great power increase and alot of money can be spent setting this up properly. i had my 32/36 rebuilt and rejetted for the dato and my manifold cut and shut with the ford manifold and that cost me $350 then i got a mild cam to suit and it was ok... but only ok.

But they do sound nice Shocked
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1GGTE waste gate noise
Next Topic:22r intake and exhaust
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 05:32:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041451454162598 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.