Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

All Toyota Day Brisbane Mon, 11 April 2005 04:18 Go to next message
So who's going to this?

It will be held on the morning of the Sunday of the Queen's Birthday long weekend.

June 12, BRISBANE TOYOTA HEAD OFFICE, Acacia Ridge.

I'll be there in the ghetto spec UZS46.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 April 2005 04:28]

Send a private message to this user    
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Mon, 11 April 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will be there. The Toyota Car Club of Queensland (previously Classic Celica Car club) will no doubt make a large turn out Smile
(thechuckster, v8_ma61, jeff_1600 and a few others I can't remember off the top of my head are members of the TCCQ as well and also on these forums).

Cheers
Wilbo
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Mon, 11 April 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I’ll be there and with any luck be in my Corona Smile
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Mon, 11 April 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm certainly entertaining plans to go up this year.

GT I'm sure if you want to stop over for a night in Sydney on the way up someone could sort you out rather than needing to sleep in the Crown. It'd make for a fairly substantial, and with radio's more interesting, cruise the next day as well.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Mon, 11 April 2005 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually, that would be a great idea....catch up with you guys in Sydney, then cruise up in an old school Toyota convoy.
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Tue, 12 April 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm keen to come up

Don't know which MS53 though yet
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Tue, 12 April 2005 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I might be tempted to go Confused . Who from sydney is going?.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Tue, 12 April 2005 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I haven't gone for a few years (I was bored to tears last time I went) but if Dave's going to be there I'll have to show up just so I can heckle him. Laughing
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Tue, 12 April 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there with a car of some variety. Cool

Have been trying to convince a few other people to take the trek up north from Sydney town, if only for the booze/party/cruise factor.

Is the event still just a static show? I checked up on it a while ago and couldnt find too much information...

thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Tue, 12 April 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
last year ('84) was a static show - am not sure about the planned event.

TCC Qld intends to have a display of member's cars - and hopefully a screen/laptop playing video of recent motorkhana entrants.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Tue, 12 April 2005 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's usually a static display but I suppose I could do some skids in the Crown! Laughing

Then to the pub and some tittie bars! Very Happy
ScreaminRolla
Regular

October 2003
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Tue, 12 April 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im pretty keen to go up
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Tue, 12 April 2005 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fwiw, last time i went i stay'd until early afternoon, then headed off to Willowbank for the last day of the winternationals.

It does make for a long day and by late afternoon i was seriously sunburnt.

If TCC Qld folks want to be part of the display, they should attend the next club meeting or contact one of the social club reps (listed in the magazine).
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Tue, 12 April 2005 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im temped to make the trek also Smile
soo how the car is going byt hen i guess
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Wed, 20 April 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd be keen to go to this, a short drive from my place. What do they exactly do there? can anyone come?
Cool
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Wed, 20 April 2005 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why do they have to put it on the same day as the winternats.

Only IF the winters get rained out will i come {sorry, havent missed it for the last 15 years}

but we need to cruise to the spit on monday {goldcoast} will be tops, wanna meet some of u blokes
Redwarf
Regular

February 2005
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Thu, 21 April 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, I'll have both rally cars there....
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Thu, 21 April 2005 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have taken the week off around this day.

i should be there
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Sat, 23 April 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for sure i'll be there
ultimatechaos
Regular

March 2003
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Sun, 24 April 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll be there although probably hiding my car some where out the way Very Happy

ae82 corolla seca .. rust on steriods Very Happy

currently pulling random bits of plastic out lol while attempting to replace sound system :/

might wash it .. lol

chaos
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Tue, 03 May 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there to take the piss out of you goat lovers as per usual.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Tue, 03 May 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool1: maybe you can offer free earth testing Wink
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Wed, 04 May 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im there, its a great day.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Wed, 04 May 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Tue, 03 May 2005 23:13

cool1: maybe you can offer free earth testing Wink

Maybe a free bad earth inspection. And then for a small fee I can fix the problem Rolling Eyes
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Wed, 11 May 2005 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just bumping it up to refresh everyone's memories.

Will be there with the Crown. Cambelt and crazy psycho multiple Crown owner will be passengers.

Like to catch up with Sydneysiders going up....maybe do the convoy thing.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Wed, 11 May 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah also keen to convoy Smile
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Wed, 11 May 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How am I gonna know whos who?
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Wed, 11 May 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Assuming I can get a ride in Norbie's chariot, I shall be there. Can't be showing up on a Kawasaki now can I?
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Wed, 11 May 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Wed, 11 May 2005 17:03

Look for a big ugly wagon and a short ugly guy with a goatie - that'll be me.

Leigh, let's exchange money and grilles whilst I'm up there!! Laughing
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Wed, 11 May 2005 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Wed, 11 May 2005 19:47

Cool1 wrote on Wed, 11 May 2005 17:03

Look for a big ugly wagon and a short ugly guy with a goatie - that'll be me.

Leigh, let's exchange money and grilles whilst I'm up there!! Laughing

Ok that should narrow it down to about 50-60 people. I'll be there with a skin head and probably my two girlfriends.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Wed, 11 May 2005 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TCC Qld will be there 'en mass' - we'll have cars (well, the ones that look kind of clean) in a mob and hopefully a display of event pics and some vids/DVDs of recent motorkhanas

most of them should be wearing black or red shirts with the club logo - i'll be the short fat guy with a beard returning Cool1's torque wrench Razz Embarassed
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Wed, 11 May 2005 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh shit, I forgot about that.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Wed, 11 May 2005 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im confirmed there. Holidays are booked in at work, and things are planned out.

Sydney convoy is a definite. WIll probably leave thursday arvo/evening and stop off long the way for a night in some coastal town... and finish the trip friday morning.

Cambelt - can i borrow a rear right air strut if mine doesnt land before then, so i can take the crown up with the uberwheels?? PLEEEEEASE??? :)Smile
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Thu, 12 May 2005 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I keen to cruise. However I don't really have a car to cruise in. Anyone going from Syd wanna give me a lift??

Toymods Guys will be in there Black with red Club shirts If you wanna know who we are.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Thu, 12 May 2005 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm gonna boycott till they move the date Crying or Very Sad

i might come in the morning, then head to the drags, look for the BRIGHT yellow corona with too many odd noises for just 1 car
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Thu, 12 May 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i reckon spend the night at coffs harbour.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Thu, 12 May 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if its a long weekend u will be hard pressed to find accomodation for the night in any of the big centres
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Thu, 12 May 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Coffs is nice but as Rob said it will be hard to get accomidation, maybe we go up the new england to escape the crowds and stay in tamworth or something
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Thu, 12 May 2005 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will we see bikini clad wominz in Tamworth?
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Thu, 12 May 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Thu, 12 May 2005 18:58

Will we see bikini clad wominz in Tamworth?

only stitt if we tell him he is at the nationals.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Thu, 12 May 2005 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bah - public holidays, accomodation problems... BAH!!!

just stay in pub/motel accomodation, or if worse comes to worse, i have a cousin who is living in Ballina, and contacts for plently of sleeping space up there.

stitt - new england is the drive you take if you are not interested in teh road trip factor!!
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Sat, 14 May 2005 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this sounds like a sweet idea, im in brisbane. i think ill show up in my ra23.. swoit mate
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Mon, 23 May 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in like flynn..will be in track spec though..drift days are coming up all over the place! Cool
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Wed, 25 May 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, I'm leaving Melbourne on the Friday morning and will be making a beeline for Newcastle. Stop over that night then cruise on up to Brissy on the Saturday. Anyone wish to join up?
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Wed, 25 May 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hrm... Glen and i have the friday off work and were either going to leave thurs nite or friday morn....

I think there is requirements for discussions. Dr GT, pls add myself to your ICQ or MSN thingy and discussion shall previal. I'm happy to meet up, but at the same time i dont really want to arrive in brissy too late...

Im guessing that you will be arriving newcastle friday arvo/evening, which would give me and Glen all of about 8-12 hours to drive 150kms Razz Then saturday remains the 9-10hr drive from newwie to brissy. Hrm.

Think on this, i must.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Wed, 25 May 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slightly off topic, but my corona is going in to get exhaust done tomorrow so I should be bringing my decent car to this event Very Happy

Will be good to finally meet you guys.
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Wed, 25 May 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
might come check it out i only have an echo now but it may give me some motivation to import that ra25 sooner!

Daniel.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Fri, 27 May 2005 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what TIME does it start on sunday, what time are u ppl looking to go there,

fuck it witzl, i'll just get my dizzy off u then, dont worry about sending it, no hurry

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Fri, 27 May 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indeed this can be done Smile
bring tools and it can be installed at the show.
mr2drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Fri, 27 May 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will be there, the pink shitbox will roll in on the trailer behind the stocko 86 century just to cause a stir....
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Sun, 29 May 2005 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like the Supra won't be attending this year, I munched another gearbox and there's no way I'll have the 6-speed conversion done in time. Sad I'll tag along with Witzl though.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Sun, 29 May 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with a little rope, braketeering and possibly cable ties... im sure we can finish the conversion rather quickly.... Very Happy

Otherwise i *do* have a W58 which can be temporarily used if utterly necessary. If you lunch it you replace it though Razz

You just have to show it Norb, since Glen appears to be a massive girl and doesnt want to bring the wangmobile supra.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Mon, 30 May 2005 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By the time the 6-speed arrives I'll have about a week before the All Toyota Day. Considering the number of unknowns I really can't see it happen, even with prodigious use of brackets and cable ties. If you bring a spare W58 that could work, I promise not to do any skids or caveman shifts!
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Mon, 30 May 2005 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that's like me promising not to swear Razz
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Mon, 30 May 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oi! I resemble that.
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Mon, 30 May 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie was your car there last year? I want to see this machine but I cant remember seeing any 2jz's last year.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Mon, 30 May 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What do you resemble norbie?

the supra will come if i replace the flat tyre and have the diff shimmed.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Mon, 30 May 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 11:43

By the time the 6-speed arrives I'll have about a week before the All Toyota Day. Considering the number of unknowns I really can't see it happen, even with prodigious use of brackets and cable ties. If you bring a spare W58 that could work, I promise not to do any skids or caveman shifts!

I suggest you use one of these to get the 6sp thingo going.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ewItem&?ViewItem&item=4552711562
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Mon, 30 May 2005 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
monkeymajik wrote on Mon, 30 May 2005 18:02

Norbie was your car there last year? I want to see this machine but I cant remember seeing any 2jz's last year.

Nah I haven't been in a few years. Last time I went was in the black Supra with 6M powah.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: All Toyota Day Brisbane Mon, 30 May 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Is this a car show as in competition or just show your car for fun? Do you have to pre-enter?
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Toyo Drift Nationals Round 3 - Entry Forms Now Available
Next Topic:Social night at the pub - 18/6/05 Castle Hill RSL - All welcome!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 00:36:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0092971324920654 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.