Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
this has to be dodgy Fri, 08 April 2005 23:39 Go to next message
http://www.drive.com.au/used_cars/toyota/supra/syd ney/detail.aspx?id=2132514&pg=2&pp=6&d =0&nv=1
wtf
  Send a private message to this user    
81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
Re: this has to be dodgy Fri, 08 April 2005 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think he is missing a 0 Laughing
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: this has to be dodgy Fri, 08 April 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you've got the money call his bluff for that price.
I'll bet he don't sell it to ya
81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
Re: this has to be dodgy Sat, 09 April 2005 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ask him for a test drive Laughing
mmmmmmm low flying bannana Laughing
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: this has to be dodgy Sat, 09 April 2005 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's LHD.
81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
Re: this has to be dodgy Sat, 09 April 2005 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
still cheap in qld you can register lhd vehicles mmmmm i got the money too Laughing
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: this has to be dodgy Sat, 09 April 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How do you buy a car built in 1997 in 1996?
81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
Re: this has to be dodgy Sat, 09 April 2005 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
??????????????????????????? ??????????????????
????????????? ??????????????????????????????
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: this has to be dodgy Sat, 09 April 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the only way he could of bought it new would be to buy from japan or US by sounds of thing if its LHD live there a year and then bring it over, but wtf is the point of buying a car supposedly spending so much money on it and then not driving it what even susser is that there is no pics of this so called great car.
meeves
Regular

July 2004
Re: this has to be dodgy Sat, 09 April 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Sat, 09 April 2005 10:59

what even susser is that there is no pics of this so called great car.

Rolling Eyes there are pics of it, i think hes claiming more than its got
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: this has to be dodgy Sat, 09 April 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the add says sydney.. cant register a LHD vehicle in NSW unless its 30+ years... ? sometihng dosent add up.. it'd be worth more then 7k parted out.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: this has to be dodgy Sat, 09 April 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok ther are pics now but this mroning when i posted it there wasn't honest that or they weren't working
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: this has to be dodgy Sat, 09 April 2005 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Sat, 09 April 2005 10:40

you can buy 05 models in late november 04

ectect
Smile
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: this has to be dodgy Sat, 09 April 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Sat, 09 April 2005 14:25

BlackSupra wrote on Sat, 09 April 2005 10:40

you can buy 05 models in late november 04

ectect
Smile

It may be the new model, but the build plate will still say 11/04 which to me says it is a 04 model
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: this has to be dodgy Sat, 09 April 2005 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Like most people who do up show cars this guy obviously doesn't know a thing about his ride other than it cost him shitloads, its hektik and pulls da chix!
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: this has to be dodgy Sun, 10 April 2005 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's a whole spate of these on drive.com.au most of them are LHD and uncomplied. I did, for the sake of it send an email to enquire as to the cheapness of the vehicle, and here was the reply Laughing

"I am a private seller and I moved recently in Slovakia, I've wanted to take this car with me
and register it here and sell them for more money, prices for cars here are higher than those in AU, unfortunatelly import taxes and european regulations made me change my mind since I have to pay a lot of money. Now I am shipping and sell it for a low price because next week I have a deadline term for paying those taxes and I need to sell it until then otherwise I lose it!!!
This car is like new, STATE OF THE ART, completely working, no scratches, no dents, never been abused,always well taken care of, low miles, clear title, manuals, the original documentation included. You will receive it with the bill of sale and custom papers as well!
The car is located in Bratislava,Slovakia where I am too and it will be shipped from here on my expense.The shipping will take 13-14 days top and the car will be dellivered at your home address."

Hmmmm.....reported it to drive.com.au but the add is still up there...

[Updated on: Sun, 10 April 2005 12:15]

81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
Re: this has to be dodgy Sun, 10 April 2005 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i emailed him this was his reply;

Hello there,

Thank you for your interest!
I have for sale:
TOYOTA SUPRA TWIN-TURBO and i hope to sell it for $7000
So if you are ready to pay the buy it now price, we will deal right now.
So if you are serious intrested please let me know,we will discuse
the payment options and may be we can get to a deal!
I am a private seller and I moved recently in Italy, I've wanted to take this car with me and register it here and sell them for more money, price for car here are higher,
unfortunatelly import taxes and european regulations made me change my mind since I have to pay a lot of money. Now I am shipping it back and sell it for a low price because next week I have a deadline term for paying those taxes and I need to sell them until then otherwise I lose it!!!This car is like new, STATE OF THE ART, completely working, no scratches, no dents, never been abused,always well taken care of,
low miles, with 3 years EXTENDED, INTERNATIONAL and TRANSFERABLE warranty and will be honored at any dealer in your country, clear title, manuals, the original documentation included. You will receive it with the bill of sale and custom papers as well!
You will receive your car in 5 working days by Lufthansa air cargo
insured at your home address.
This price includes shipping costs and the insurance for shipping and
you only pay for the money transfer commission when you wire the funds, which is about 4% from the total amount sent.
To clear any doubt and to be sure we will avoid any tax:I will declare the shipping as a gift/donation.
Note that this is a QUICK SALE, who pays for it gets it, no questions
asked, my terms are clear and if you have the money you can have your car in less than 5 days!!!
Waiting for your email.
Regards!

thats his story... Smile two slightly diferent stories between me and alchemist Shocked

[Updated on: Sun, 10 April 2005 22:13]

Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: this has to be dodgy Sun, 10 April 2005 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolling Eyes Gotta make you laugh hey.
wonder if anyone realy falls for it and tries to buy it. Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: this has to be dodgy Sun, 10 April 2005 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like the nigerian bank skandal kinda stuff me thinks, honestly they could sell it for more realistic prices.
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: this has to be dodgy Mon, 11 April 2005 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmmmm wonder if he'd be keen for a test drive??? just so happens i have an "uncle" in slovakia/italy or where ever the car is apparantly based...

lmao... some people must be even more stupid then the people their trying to rip of...
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: this has to be dodgy Mon, 11 April 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.drive.com.au/used_cars/toyota/supra/syd ney/detail.aspx?id=2148966&pg=1&pp=14& d=0&nv=1

http://www.drive.com.au/used_cars/toyota/supra/syd ney/detail.aspx?id=2130083&pg=1&pp=13& d=0&nv=1

http://www.drive.com.au/used_cars/toyota/supra/syd ney/detail.aspx?id=2148965&pg=1&pp=20& d=0&nv=1

http://www.drive.com.au/used_cars/toyota/supra/syd ney/detail.aspx?id=2148967&pg=1&pp=15& d=0&nv=1

i see a trend looks like a dodgy racket

[Updated on: Mon, 11 April 2005 01:33]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: this has to be dodgy Mon, 11 April 2005 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.drive.com.au/used_cars/nissan/skyline/s ydney/detail.aspx?id=2134210&pg=1&pp=24&am p;d=0&nv=1
they have been hitting the sklyines too, that pic is almost identical to one that is listed for 90k.
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: this has to be dodgy Mon, 11 April 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"You will receive your car in 5 working days by Lufthansa air cargo" LMAO Laughing
maxdamage75
Regular

May 2002

Re: this has to be dodgy Mon, 11 April 2005 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think there was a similar thing on a Mitsubishi forum where they buy shit off you from ebay from another country and say that they owe somebody money so it was some bullshit about sending you more money than the item is worth and then you take out the extra money that he paid you and send it to his friend he owes. It was something similar to that can't remember exactly but basically you are giving your own money to the other guy as the original funds never go through. I think it was a western union scam.
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: this has to be dodgy Mon, 11 April 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
imagine how quick those would go if the deal was legit!!! here today gone tomorrow
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: this has to be dodgy Mon, 11 April 2005 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah but that the thing they have been up for a while
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: this has to be dodgy Mon, 11 April 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought toyota stopped making supras in '95 Confused
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: this has to be dodgy Mon, 11 April 2005 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think they stopped in japan in 97 with vvti supra ?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: this has to be dodgy Mon, 11 April 2005 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The one for 8 grand is a cack, have a look not only is the photo a registered one to a company probably found by searching google, but take a look at the background, i swear it would have to be in america, the pick up in the driveway and the fact that the style of houses look very american too.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: this has to be dodgy Mon, 11 April 2005 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.drive.com.au/used_cars/nissan/skyline/s ydney/detail.aspx?id=1995172&pg=1&pp=1& ;d=0&nv=1
Take a look at the plates on that and then the skyline advertised for 19K, hmmm gee 99k or 19K how dodgy a fuck does he wanna be stealing other peeps photos and trying to sell his dodgy car at the same time.
81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
Re: this has to be dodgy Mon, 11 April 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The skyline sounds real, its only a gtst not a gtr still $10000 of normal price least its reg in nsw, but all those supras????????????
i smell a scam Laughing
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: this has to be dodgy Mon, 11 April 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
81LOWLUX wrote on Mon, 11 April 2005 14:43

The skyline sounds real, its only a gtst not a gtr still $10000 of normal price least its reg in nsw, but all those supras????????????
i smell a scam Laughing

dude did you even read its a R34 GTR, one advertised for 99000 then his for 18000, its the same car have a look at the plates, the one for 99K is actually advertised as a dealer and he is advertising it as a private sale, he has just copied there pics and then used it to create another scam.
81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
Re: this has to be dodgy Mon, 11 April 2005 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my bad Sad
on the other hand how does the scamer get more photos of the car than the dealer that has it??????
the klms are different but its the same car.
EnFlaMEd
Regular

September 2003
Re: this has to be dodgy Mon, 11 April 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AWESOME CAR performance enhanced by AUTOSTYLE with 422KW at the wheels. This car has blistering performance and handling. Outstanding value.With a great body kit on it and the best price that you can get!!

422kw 4wd for 18k SOLD! Laughing
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: this has to be dodgy Mon, 11 April 2005 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stopped Supras in 2002.
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: this has to be dodgy Mon, 11 April 2005 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
supras in 2002??? are you sure? can you supply any pics? i've never seen one of that year... but i'm open to being prooved wrong, i don't really know... i'd accept 1997 with out argument, that was the other date i had in my head...
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: this has to be dodgy Mon, 11 April 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea I know it sounds crazy doesn't it, but I got the info from DOTARs....have a look.......I mean could be wrong, or have mis-interpreted the info, but 2002 is what it looks like...

Entry No.: 015/01

Schedule 1 Vehicle Details

Make : TOYOTA
Model : SUPRA
Model Code : JZA80
Category : MA
Build Date Range: from 01/1993 to 12/2002

Variants: GZ, RZ, RZ-S, SZ, SZ-R.

Schedule 2 Conditions

Only vehicles with the features listed below satisfy this entry

Engine: N/A

Body: N/A

Other: N/A

Schedule 3 Alternative Make and Model

Entry No: N/A

Entry No: N/A

This Entry is made on the basis of criteria established under Regulation 24 of the Motor Vehicle Standards Regulations.

.................................................. ............ 31 October 2004 ……..

Administrator of Vehicle Standards Issue Date

Please Note

SEVS is a process for determining vehicle make/model eligibility only.

This SEVS Entry issued by the Administrator does not constitute automatic approval for importation of nor infers ADR compliance for supply of the vehicle to the Australian market.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 April 2005 12:51]

hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: this has to be dodgy Mon, 11 April 2005 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmm... not 100% convinced... but i'll accept defeat.. sure it's not a matter of being 01-1993 to current?? perhaps thet continued production in small numbers... *shrugs* i don't know
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: this has to be dodgy Mon, 11 April 2005 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goto google man and type it in....if it was 01/93 to current wouldn't current be 04/05? So 12/2002 must have been the last batch, probably in incredibly small numbers. Shape appers to be the same.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/supra2.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 11 April 2005 13:25]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: this has to be dodgy Tue, 12 April 2005 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i emailed autostyle, to inform them of the perosn ripping off their car and they sent me an email back, thanking me and said they had reported the issue to drive and the fradulent ads would be removed
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: this has to be dodgy Fri, 15 April 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey I saw an advert like that relating to Italy for a 300ZX twin turbo too! It's gotta be the same guy, so dodgy. I should copy-paste some of my e-mail exchanges with him, he's pretty convincing.
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: this has to be dodgy Fri, 15 April 2005 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Re: 300ZX enquiry

Hello,

I'm happy to see your interest in buying this car,yet,i belive you should know that for now i'm in Rome, Italy with the car, which is in a very good condition. I hope you like the car and also that we will complete this deal without any problems. About the transport, I'll have it shipped out to your location. What do you think?

About the car: Custom paintjob, Targa Top, 5 Speed manual, Twin turbo V6, adjustable boost, big stereo. This car is like a go cart on steroids, only seats 2! It has done 89000 Km.

Let me tell you that the price i ask for this 300ZX is 10000 AUD, the car is in perfect condition and with the car you will receive also the clear title, which can be registered on your name, so there is no problem about that.

The car doesn't need any conversion because is AUS steet legal; it meets all regulations so you won't have to pay aditional taxes. It wasn't involved in an accident or anything like that, it's as new. You won't find a scratch on it, the paint looks great; I've garaged this baby.

The reason why i want to sell this car is that I realised that the import and register taxes are very high here in Italy so i prefer to sell it and buy another car. It is AUS street legal,so i can't find a buyer hare in Italy ,or in Europe because they don't like the car prepared this way. I love this car and I'm very sorry that I have to sell it. The car is registered in AUS and the other offers that I have are also from AUS and I hope that I can find a serious buyer.

Thanks,

Scott.
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: this has to be dodgy Fri, 15 April 2005 00:54 Go to previous message
Hello again,

I have to tell you that I have other serious offers that I have to consider and I will make a decision regarding this sale function of time of payment and price.

The price I hope to obtain is $10000 AU (this price includes shipping and insurance) and if you agree with this price we can start to complete the transaction.

The payment must be done using a money transfer service.

I prefer money transfer (wired cash) because in this way I will ship the car in the same day you make the payment.
I know that the best deals are closed when the risk involved is minimum. You will arrange payment through Western Union.

In case you want me to ship you the car right now you have to make me a payment of $3000 AU (and after you receive and inspect the car you have to send me the rest of the money by certified check).
The inspection period is 14 days.

I have something SAFE for you because I want you to be sure that you will receive the car and I hope we will collaborate in the future too.
Look what I can do for you:

- you will make the $3000 transfer to my location but not to my name (you will use your best friends name for example as receiver's name) so you can be sure that I will not pick up the money until you get the car; so you make a deposit at Western Union and you will give me the transfer's details (SENDER'S NAME AND MTCN) so I can check that the deposit was made.

After I verify it I will send you the car immediately.
- only after you will receive the car and check it if it OK, you will have to change the receiver's name of the transfer to my name so I can collect my money.

So until you will have the car in your hands the money will be deposited on your best friend's name at Western Union Agency.

I think it is better to not inform Western Union th! at you will change the receivers name in a few days because it is possible they ask you to pay the fees twice (fees that are quite big for such an amount),also when you go to a Western Union office to make the transfer,please don't tell there the reason you send the money because here in this country I must pay some additional taxes when I receive the funds.

Please say you send the money to your friends or to your partner.
Is like your friend/partner is in Italy and you want to send him this amount of money!
I will be happy if you can trust me and make the transfer directly to my name but because it is our first deal I've proposed you this very safe and efficient method so you can only deposit the money first and after you get the car I'll be allowed to cash it.

On the other hand, I will take you as a serious and possible buyer (this way I will loose all the nonpaying buyers that I occur everyday) and arrange a further deal but in this case you have ! to come in person to the car?s location to see the car and take it back with you or you can send a friend or agent that lives near by to inspect the car and pay the rest of the money.

If you agree with this method you'll have to pay me $2000 AU via W.U.

After you've completed the transfer you will receive a confirmation that will allow me to track the transfer.

Here are the details that I need:

- sender's name;
- MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number) (10 digits)

As soon as the payment will be confirmed and the money properly sent,I will IMMEDIATELY proceed with shipping if you've sent me $3000 AU or I will hold the car for you if you've deposited $2000 AUD.

In case you've paid the money I will ship the car via Lufthansa Airplane Cargo insured and it will take 72 hours until you will have it at your door step.

The amounts of payment are fully refundable if for any reason you do not accept the car or if the car has scratches, hidden defects, or it is not as advertised. I will even pay for the shipping back to my location if you reject the car but since it is a state of the art and works and looks perfectly I think it won't get to this.

Here is my name and address you need for the Western Union transfer:

My details:

First name: Scott
Last name: Melhuish
City: Rome
address: Via Piave, 61
Zip Code: 00187

If you agree with these terms, let me know and I will be more than
glad to start and complete the transaction with you.

Thank you and I hope that you will have the pleasure to drive this car.
I am waiting your answer ASAP.
Thank you and kindly regards!

Scott.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:The Pyramid of Speed
Next Topic:Boganism 101
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 17:54:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0076708793640137 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar