Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Opinions on AE86 for track Mon, 11 April 2005 06:14 Go to next message
Hey guys, Ive done a search, and there are soo many 86 threads, I cant find the right one to answer this. The next car im looking at buying, has to be a toyota, and NA, but a great handler, and quick. Theonly things that come to mind, is the current chape celica/ Sportivo Corolla, and an AE86 with a 4AGE. The celica seems to be a great car, but doesnt handle to good, the corolla, is just not my thing, but the 86, seems like a great car. Light weight, RWD, etc. Can you make them a quick circuit/track car? Or are they purley for drifting etc? How much power, can be made from an NA 16v 4AGE? Has anyone shoved a 3SGE beams into one? Or does that just stuff the weight distribution up?
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Mon, 11 April 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there have been some with 3sge and 3sgte's put in, but after a car like your previous lexus would you be comfy in a 20+ year old car. What about a supra ma61 with 2jzge glen's is up for sale.
pr1nce
Regular

April 2004
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Mon, 11 April 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
billzilla.org
has all the answers to your questions

and yes he has a beams 3SGE in his ae86
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Mon, 11 April 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweet, thansk for the link, forgot about Bills toys!

Yeah, Ive owned older cars before, its no problem, aslong as it has aircon lol.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Mon, 11 April 2005 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86 will do everything u want on the track and more
with uprated suspension it handles liek a dream aswell
light nimble and loves to rev in NA form, think of it as a big gocart

1.6 will make 240hp flywheel NA with about 10k
1.6 will make 300hp flywheel FI with about 5k

any 3sge/gte will fit in there, the easiest is a altezza 3s as its rwd, so theres some common ground for you there! Wink
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Mon, 11 April 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR2 is the go.

Same engine but better traction and quicker responding handling than the AE86. An AW11 with a Beams 3S swap would be an awesome track car I reckon.

The downside of the MR2, two seats only, a bit heavier than the AE86.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Mon, 11 April 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and its MR.
a big change but awesome if you can get used to it.

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Mon, 11 April 2005 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No way u could through a MR2 around as hard as a RWD. Only if you were an advanced driver. Otherwise you would get frustrated.
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Mon, 11 April 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is what u need mate! Very Happy
correct me if im worng guys but is this a beams 3SGE???

http://img226.echo.cx/img226/7006/sprinterbay4yu.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 11 April 2005 09:41]

Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Mon, 11 April 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evan wrote on Mon, 11 April 2005 19:13

No way u could through a MR2 around as hard as a RWD. Only if you were an advanced driver. Otherwise you would get frustrated.

MR2's ARE rwd dude lol, I think you mean you can't throw it around as hard as a FR, seeing as the MR2 is RR. Smile

I know what you mean though, I'd rather the AE86 for that kind of work. Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 11 April 2005 09:39]

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Mon, 11 April 2005 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yes sorry MR lol
Embarassed
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Mon, 11 April 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naa they go like they are on rails around the corners, throw it into corners about as hard as you like and it just eats em up.

a beams powered aw11 would be awesome....
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Tue, 12 April 2005 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nod aw11 Nod beams Nod
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Tue, 12 April 2005 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet! I like MR2's alot, and Ive seen one particular one, with just susp mods, and a bit of boost, around wakefield, its quick! But, yes, only 2 seater, no boot space etc. Ultimatley, Id want a Beams conversion, is there much work involved? According to Bills site, seems pretty straight forward, with minor fabrication. See the IS200, has got a bit of weight, so its ver forgiving, and it handles really good, I want something similar, but cheaper, and in NA form, to compete, with my Honda buddies.

10k for 240hp @ fly, hmm, a Beams conversion, would cost me about that, for a bit less power, but probably more tourque. And what do they weigh? I hear about 900kg, thats awesome. I have to go for a drive in one... Garth?? hehehe
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Tue, 12 April 2005 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Tue, 12 April 2005 10:01

Nod aw11 Nod beams Nod

Thats possible???!
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Tue, 12 April 2005 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KOFFEE-BLACK wrote on Tue, 12 April 2005 10:07

davedave wrote on Tue, 12 April 2005 10:01

Nod aw11 Nod beams Nod

Thats possible???!

Of course it is. I've got a Gen3 3SGTE in my AW11.

The late model SW20 actually came with a Beams 3SGE.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Tue, 12 April 2005 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
definatly possible, there are a few 3sgte powered aw11's or sw11's runniong around here. so there should be no real limitation to putting a beams 3s into one... get yourself a beams sw20 rear cut and start pulling stuff apart Smile

weight wise they are a little heaver then you'd expect.. mine is 1100kg with about 30L of fuel in it (40L tank)

the NA is a bit lighter then the SC. 1030kg rings a bell...
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Tue, 12 April 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm, but do you get alot of understeer in MR2's, considering there is no weight in the front?
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Tue, 12 April 2005 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Tue, 12 April 2005 10:18

definatly possible, there are a few 3sgte powered aw11's or sw11's runniong around here. so there should be no real limitation to putting a beams 3s into one... get yourself a beams sw20 rear cut and start pulling stuff apart Smile

weight wise they are a little heaver then you'd expect.. mine is 1100kg with about 30L of fuel in it (40L tank)

the NA is a bit lighter then the SC. 1030kg rings a bell...

Sounds good actually, as I like the AW11 shape. But again, no space for anything, what is I want to get it on? lol
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Tue, 12 April 2005 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah they do understeer but a good wack on the loud peadal solves that Smile

does it *have* to be na or just non turbo ? the SC is a barrel more fun then the na. the na is great out on the open road keep it spinning above 4grand and its tops but lacks a bit under that which can make it feel a little slack around town. the sc has heaps of punch down low making it feel much quicker around town.

davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Tue, 12 April 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KOFFEE-BLACK wrote on Tue, 12 April 2005 10:23

Sounds good actually, as I like the AW11 shape. But again, no space for anything, what is I want to get it on? lol

Trust me, it's not hard to get it on in an aw11 Smiley =, just not as easy as a car with a back seat.

Understeering can be countered by setting up the suspension properly and doing small mods such as moving the battery up front. From what I've heard they have a 45/55 weight distribution from factory. Toe and camber can be adjusted quite easily, which is a great asset if you're tracking a car.
Jump on mr2oc.com and have a look around, there's a wealth of information from guys who track their car with what combinations of tyres and suspension setups work best.
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Tue, 12 April 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think Id rather the ae86, the only thing that turns me off, is all the want to be Takumi's! Twisted Evil
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Tue, 12 April 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Take a look at the best motoring video "jdm racers"
That should give you some ideas
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Tue, 12 April 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KOFFEE-BLACK wrote on Tue, 12 April 2005 10:03

sweet! I like MR2's alot, and Ive seen one particular one, with just susp mods, and a bit of boost, around wakefield, its quick! But, yes, only 2 seater, no boot space etc. Ultimatley, Id want a Beams conversion, is there much work involved? According to Bills site, seems pretty straight forward, with minor fabrication. See the IS200, has got a bit of weight, so its ver forgiving, and it handles really good, I want something similar, but cheaper, and in NA form, to compete, with my Honda buddies.

10k for 240hp @ fly, hmm, a Beams conversion, would cost me about that, for a bit less power, but probably more tourque. And what do they weigh? I hear about 900kg, thats awesome. I have to go for a drive in one... Garth?? hehehe

passenger only im afraid. Smile its my ZETA II-S seat that makes it virtually undrivable for ppl over 60kg's ... lol

KOFFEE-BLACK wrote on Tue, 12 April 2005 13:47

I think Id rather the ae86, the only thing that turns me off, is all the want to be Takumi's! Twisted Evil

its something you wont even think bout once you own one
its such an awesome car, it scares you now and then but thats just the car training you to be better Smile

KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Tue, 12 April 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I actually been looking for that one, cant find it tho.
What kit is this, this has to be the best one i even seen!'
http://temp.australianinfront.com.au/skyline_gtr/carpron/carpron3/hot.jpg
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Tue, 12 April 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

passenger only im afraid. its my ZETA II-S seat that makes it virtually undrivable for ppl over 60kg's ... lol

Im out hahaha!

Yeah, as a passenger silly!
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Tue, 12 April 2005 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CBY
expensive flares
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Tue, 12 April 2005 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The flare's look like CBY, the rest is standard. (might have a trd wing hard to tell from angle)

[Updated on: Tue, 12 April 2005 04:32]

De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Tue, 12 April 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea this is that aE86 engine

http://img226.echo.cx/img226/7006/sprinterbay4yu.jpg[/quote]

so is it a beams 3SGE guys?!
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Tue, 12 April 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its a Beams 3SGE with teh turbo added...
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Tue, 12 April 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its not a beams
its a gen 4 with a different cam cover

and those are CBY flares and std toyota lip and sideskirts
modified front bar and a TRD style duckwing
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Tue, 12 April 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh cute
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Tue, 12 April 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why that ruins the point of having the beams for its high compression highly strung NA goodness, do not listen to this man he is wrong wrong i tell you.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Tue, 12 April 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its got beams cam covers...

Give me a friggin break...
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Tue, 12 April 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, thats too good, exaclty what I want! Id leave it NA too, but there are plenty of turbo kits available for the beams
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Tue, 12 April 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why get an ae86 p.o.s when you can get a cordia turbo, which looks fooly better than a ae86 and goes f00ly harder bro

broom broom
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Tue, 12 April 2005 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what are u gona do with your car know mate? Crying or Very Sad
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Tue, 12 April 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xolent wrote on Tue, 12 April 2005 15:51

why get an ae86 p.o.s when you can get a cordia turbo, which looks fooly better than a ae86 and goes f00ly harder bro

broom broom

cos he have to drive round in reverse all day befor it would be truly fully sic.
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Tue, 12 April 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cordia? WTF? They are ugly, fwd, and its made by Mitsubishi, the pople that make Heaters etc...

deano, is that aimed at me?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Tue, 12 April 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speaking of cordia's the first street race i ever witnessed was a cordia versus a corona, broad daylight, and to my surprise when i was like 14 and thought corona's were bombs,it absolutely raped the cordia, the corona only appeared to have slight mod but was starting to do line lockers of the line, both of them were sitting at the lights revving their tits off the cordia rocking back and forth and the corona smoking a bit. Then when the lights when green there was a slight skew from the back of the rona then it shot off. The cordia was a turbo to.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Tue, 12 April 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KOFFEE-BLACK wrote on Tue, 12 April 2005 15:54

Cordia? WTF? They are ugly, fwd, and its made by Mitsubishi, the pople that make Heaters etc...

deano, is that aimed at me?

Yes it would have been...
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Tue, 12 April 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a genuine buyer for my car.
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Tue, 12 April 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KOFFEE-BLACK wrote on Tue, 12 April 2005 16:18

I have a genuine buyer for my car.

how come u selling i really do love your car Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad

p.s. I have some videos of her out at wsid if u would like them! Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 12 April 2005 12:25]

KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Wed, 13 April 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you serious??? Send em over bruv! shane.standley@thomson.com

I REALLY love my car too, does everything I want now, power, handling, looks etc, but my life has come to a reality, you know, the woman side of things, the property side of things etc. Its like a brother, is going to leave me!!

SEND THE VIDEOS!!!!
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Wed, 13 April 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol alright man i think i have 2 only go for about 15 seconds each but they are good Smile
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Wed, 13 April 2005 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sent mate i only had 1 sorry!
hope u like it Smile
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Thu, 14 April 2005 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks alot man/girl hahaha.
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Thu, 14 April 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KOFFEE-BLACK wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 11:22

Thanks alot man/girl hahaha.

huh? Confused Confused
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Thu, 14 April 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
list of body mods for that grey sprinter:
J-blood rear pods
GT-APex Skirts
Cut away Zenki bar with GT-Apex Front lip
East Bear Aero Mirrors
TRD Rear Wing
kouki parker but zenki headlights and grill? interesting mod there
East Bear Front Bar Clear Indicators
CBY Flares
looks like konig rewinds with massive dish, but there are many sorts of that style rim over there
meeves
Regular

July 2004
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Thu, 14 April 2005 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey shiri do u actually know about this car or are u just going off observation i want to see more pics of it
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Thu, 14 April 2005 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its very nice, thanks for that info Shiri, i suppose they wouldnt be cheap?
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Thu, 14 April 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is nice too, how the hell, does he get so much dish on it?? mmm s2k motor!
http://www.technotoytuning.com/photoshoot/club4ag/P1010251.JPG
http://www.technotoytuning.com/photoshoot/club4ag/P1010255.JPG
http://www.technotoytuning.com/photoshoot/club4ag/P1010259.JPG
http://www.technotoytuning.com/photoshoot/club4ag/P1010284.JPG
http://www.technotoytuning.com/photoshoot/club4ag/P1010302.JPG
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Thu, 14 April 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can top that dish

14x12 work equip
same rims as the ones on the s2086

http://img43.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/8/5/3/1/autoshopsuccess4649-img600x450-1112628351ma-ku312j03.jpg

the grey sprinter is just an private entry by a guy in japan... its obviuosly tuned by a garage but privately owned... i have more pics at home... and yes, it would cost a packet... around 4000+ just for all that

[Updated on: Fri, 15 April 2005 05:10]

meeves
Regular

July 2004
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Thu, 14 April 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey shiri would u mind putting some more pics of the
grey one up please i think im in love
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Fri, 15 April 2005 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, or any other pics for that matter!!!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Fri, 15 April 2005 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShiRi wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 17:51

the grey sprinter is just an private entry by a guy in japan... its obviuosly tuned by a garage but privately owned... i have more pics at home... and yes, it would cost a packet... around 1000-2000 just for all that

KOFFEE-BLACK wrote on Tue, 12 April 2005 14:28

I actually been looking for that one, cant find it tho.
What kit is this, this has to be the best one i even seen!'
http://temp.australianinfront.com.au/skyline_gtr/carpron/carpron3/hot.jpg

this car is an american owned JDM import. owned by PJ Bonifacio, who is 100% *not* japanese and is the proprietor of a smash repair shop in cali, not a garage and the car is not privately owned.
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Fri, 15 April 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
o haha... im dead wrong then Very Happy
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Fri, 15 April 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smile cant have this mis-information going around can we? Very Happy
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Fri, 15 April 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, its awesome, subtle things, in that pic, like t he visualisation of the bride seats, just make it, one of the best Ive seen. The funny thing is tho, I thought all american 8-6's were trueno style??
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Opinions on AE86 for track Fri, 15 April 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ooo, found this site

http://www.pjbonifacio.com/pj86/ae86rhd.html
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:its all over boys and girls
Next Topic:t-50 short shift
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 20:08:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.008040189743042 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.