Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
crokdee
Regular

July 2004
3sgte replacement Sun, 10 April 2005 22:46 Go to next message
This is info for a mate.

Has a celica with a 3sge-lc (low compression) the headgasket is blown and he wants to replace the engine with a 3stge, is this straight forward with all 3sge engine? ie, same computer, bolt in, etc etc. i'll try and find out the exact model celica though...
Crok.
  Send a private message to this user    
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 3sgte replacement Sun, 10 April 2005 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No it is not the same computer.

It can be a bolt in job if u want to use a box that will probally blow with in a year.
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: 3sgte replacement Mon, 11 April 2005 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah so i'm curious about the 3sgte conversion into a ST162. You'd need to get a hold of the MR2 gearbox to cope with the extra power, but the mr2 gearbox won't fit in a ST162, is the easiet way to get the gears swapped over into the celica box?
djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: 3sgte replacement Mon, 11 April 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive heard the sv21 camry gearbox is good for the conversion
acreese
Regular

May 2004
Re: 3sgte replacement Mon, 11 April 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3SGE-LC is a 3SGE with Emissions Control Equipment, not a Low Compression 3SGE (unless your mate has lowered compression himself, or you are referring to the blown headgasket Smile)

The C in 3SGELC is the "Emissions Control"
The L means the Engine is East-West (fwd, this code is redundant now i think)

The MR2 Box will fit the 3SGTE in an ST162 celica, but will require some modification (search these forums, bags of info on here.)

The SV21 Camry V6 manual gearbox is a reasonable choice for this engine swap but good luck finding one....

Later model camry manual boxes (E-153 i think?) are much much better.

Cheers,
-Adam
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: 3sgte replacement Mon, 11 April 2005 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah! thanx for that bit of info.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 April 2005 03:49]

Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 3sgte replacement Mon, 11 April 2005 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The V6 camery box isn't out of an SV21, the S at the start indicates the it had an S series engine in the car. But i've been told the V6 camery box is a good box to use, the SV21 box can also be used but it isn't that strong and will probally break with in the first few thrashings.

I'm using the MR2 turbo box with an LSD. I can't say this enough, that if u r going for the FWD 3SGTE conversion u need an LSD. I have had a couple of ppl say that they just can't get the traction down, and they get fed up with the new performance/handling. I'm willing to give out information on the conversion but if u r not going to put an LSD in to it don't waist my time.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 April 2005 09:35]

berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: 3sgte replacement Mon, 11 April 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont have a lsd and i have no problem with gettin it down i think its more the person controling the pedals more than nething
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 3sgte replacement Mon, 11 April 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I take it u mean the torque steer when u change gears. And yes if u take off light and know how to drive the power u don't have to have an LSD, but in the wet u will be loving the LSD. And if u ever plan on dragging the car it will be alot easyer getting the power down with the lsd.
acreese
Regular

May 2004
Re: 3sgte replacement Mon, 11 April 2005 10:32 Go to previous message
Draza wrote on Mon, 11 April 2005 17:33

The V6 camery box isn't out of an SV21, the S at the start indicates the it had an S series engine in the car.

I stand corrected i am speaking of a VZV21R camry V6 with the 2VZ-FE engine.

F**k me if they dont look like the same car.

-Adam
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Common Celica Issues
Next Topic:turbo mounting question
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:08:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047569274902344 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.