Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
whatignorance
Newcomer

February 2005
icon5.gif  Engine Advice for TA22 Mon, 11 April 2005 14:21 Go to next message
Hey guys, before I start I have searched for info about this topic but I'm wondering if someone could give some recommendations.
Typical story: BHG in a TA22 and now I'm looking for an engine upgrade - Either a 2TG or 18R.
The verdict seems to be that the 2TG is a bolt in job and that the 18R takes a bit more work.
However the BHG is a 3T. So, I was thinking of buying a 2TG and swapping the bottom ends.
Am I on the right track, or is the 18R worth the effort of converting; and what is a 2TG and 18R typically worth?
  Send a private message to this user    
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Engine Advice for TA22 Mon, 11 April 2005 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A 2TG could cost between $600 to $900 while an 18R is not worth the time it takes you to spit on it. I know, I used to have one.
Go the 2TG every every every every every time. Do not think about an 18R. Ever. Full stop. End of conversion.

If you want an 18RG, buy a RA23/28/40 first, then get this engine, after you drop the old 18R in the ocean to start a dive wreck or artifical reef.....
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Engine Advice for TA22 Mon, 11 April 2005 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm, i got a hybrid for $400...

looks like i got a good deal!

Eldar.O.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Engine Advice for TA22 Mon, 11 April 2005 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A 3T/2T-G hybrid is a good thing but there is a bit of work involved. A few people around here have done it, so if you spend some time searching the forum archives you should find all the info you need.

I agree, R series engines are not a good idea in a TA22, they're too big and heavy. Stick with the T series or if you want something a bit more modern you could swap in a 4A-GE or 4A-GZE.
whatignorance
Newcomer

February 2005
Re: Engine Advice for TA22 Tue, 12 April 2005 04:00 Go to previous message
Thanks guys, thats what i wanted to hear.
A 4A would be nice, but I'm on a budget and I'm sticking with the carbies, no injected 2TG for me.
Looks like I'll be reading up some more on 2TG-3T conversions!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Boost for a stock 1994 Soarer
Next Topic:4ac carb diagram
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 17:39:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011368989944458 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.