Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Is it rice or being unique ? ? ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Curtis
Occasional Poster

February 2005
icon5.gif  Is it rice or being unique ? ? ? Mon, 11 April 2005 15:09 Go to next message
I am looking at getting a body kit for my 98 camry and still havnt made my mind up yet weather to buy one or not.

The main thing stoping me from buying it is weather it would be classed as rice or just making the car unique since there isnt many 97 - 01 camrys with body kits around.

Your thoughts ?.
  Send a private message to this user    
Japstang
Regular

September 2004
Re: Is it rice or being unique ? ? ? Mon, 11 April 2005 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Something subtle but not over the top could not be considered as rice.
I saw a camry the other day with a body kit looked like it was designed in the 80's really square and boxy on a newer looking car, one of the worst i have seen.
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Is it rice or being unique ? ? ? Mon, 11 April 2005 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unless you plan on attracting prepubescent boys - dont bother. There are heaps of cars on the road with "kits" that are abit of a mix and match and just about all of them look to be done in poor taste. If you want to drive something that the car isnt, buy something else.

Most of these fibreglassed / overly personalised cars look incredibly stupid where ever they are parked (like someones inteperation of a pseudo exotic). If the "kit" isnt functional - forget it.

my 2 cents.

Most aftermarket body kits (even partial ones) make the car appear silly / overdone and the driver - laughable. Partake in any measure of this exercise at your own risk.

p/s: just think of how an evo / supra morphed excel looks. Unless youre an overseas student - who can can run from any public shame of owning such a car - best be wise about this.

[Updated on: Mon, 11 April 2005 19:15]

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Is it rice or being unique ? ? ? Mon, 11 April 2005 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umm bodykit on a camry?!

RICEEEEEEE

sell that pos and get a better car
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Is it rice or being unique ? ? ? Tue, 12 April 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there was a camry with the r34 front bar i think it was.

maybe if u didn't use a big ass bodykit but bumpers and things like that from other cars it would look awesome.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Is it rice or being unique ? ? ? Tue, 12 April 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have seen a camry lowered rims with mild kit and it didn't look too bad, why not just get a touring rim wheels and then mod the suspsion, rice is only rice if you don't have the go to match the show, so = parts rice and performance mod means its ok.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Is it rice or being unique ? ? ? Tue, 12 April 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sated wrote on Tue, 12 April 2005 05:01

Unless you plan on attracting prepubescent boys - dont bother. There are heaps of cars on the road with "kits" that are abit of a mix and match and just about all of them look to be done in poor taste. If you want to drive something that the car isnt, buy something else.

Most of these fibreglassed / overly personalised cars look incredibly stupid where ever they are parked (like someones inteperation of a pseudo exotic). If the "kit" isnt functional - forget it.

my 2 cents.

Most aftermarket body kits (even partial ones) make the car appear silly / overdone and the driver - laughable. Partake in any measure of this exercise at your own risk.

p/s: just think of how an evo / supra morphed excel looks. Unless youre an overseas student - who can can run from any public shame of owning such a car - best be wise about this.

Dude..best answer evah!
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Is it rice or being unique ? ? ? Tue, 12 April 2005 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who Fucking cares what a bunch of pratts on the net thinks of your camry? 'Rice' or not.

If you want a bodykit then get one, get a big fat huge flared one if you like.

If it enhances rather than cheapens the appearance, great.

As long as you like it, that is all that matters...

Vote 1 Rex - for freedom Smile

EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Is it rice or being unique ? ? ? Tue, 12 April 2005 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rex_Kelway wrote on Tue, 12 April 2005 22:16

Who Fucking cares what a bunch of pratts on the net thinks of your camry? 'Rice' or not.

rex, your awesome ahahah

at the end of the day dude, if you dont have enough mindset to stand up for something you like, and fold for what the majority thinks, stick with you stock camry and shitty factory stereo.

my sisters camry has a decent system and tints, and it looks pretty slick!

if you want to stick a bodykit on your car do it, it is personalising it.

hell, make it hell personal and make it int a hotdog car Razz

Eldar.O.
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: Is it rice or being unique ? ? ? Thu, 14 April 2005 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you could probably add a partial kit to it, i'm not sure about completely new front bars. Just give it a better stance on the road.

I hate ridiculously styled bodykits with fullysik hektik bling bling, but I don't see anything wrong with something smaller.

I'm not a fan of stock soarers, how the front bar and sideskirts curve under the car, making the nose look really thin. But if the front bar is replaced with something that meets the ground on more of an angle, it improves the look of the car tremendously.

Compare this

http://www.lexus.australia.as/members_images/McLeo d_SC400_2.jpg

with this

http://www.lexus.australia.as/members_images/Winer y_with_gold_wheels.jpg

Then again we are talking about a camry not a soarer, so it could be completely different.

Just do whatever you like, it's your car!

[Updated on: Thu, 14 April 2005 00:33]

Curtis
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: Is it rice or being unique ? ? ? Thu, 14 April 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

These are the two types of kits i am looking at getting.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/enderpontius/97_01camry_evo4front.jpg

http://home.iprimus.com.au/enderpontius/97_01camry_r34front.jpg

riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Is it rice or being unique ? ? ? Thu, 14 April 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i really like the first one! but remember once you do it,it cant be half arsed get rimms to fill it out or it will just look ghey with bulk 3rd world aids Very Happy
Curtis
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: Is it rice or being unique ? ? ? Thu, 14 April 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am most likly going to get the first one, just need to save up some more money first.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Is it rice or being unique ? ? ? Thu, 14 April 2005 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first one...is OK...not too ricey...second one...you may aswell get your chopsticks out.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Is it rice or being unique ? ? ? Thu, 14 April 2005 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like that first one! Looks very tough
bajabus
Regular

March 2005
Re: Is it rice or being unique ? ? ? Thu, 14 April 2005 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Have a look here for some inspiration:

http://tanetane92.web.infoseek.co.jp/20050116tas2. html

Laughing
buttocks
Regular

October 2003
Re: Is it rice or being unique ? ? ? Fri, 15 April 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't put things into this poors kids head
Yes its definately RICE
If you want a good car don't start with a Camry...
The last thing you want to do is spend money on a shitbox, eg:
Get a Lancer and kit it out spend 20 grand on the car (including the car of course) and then have a hard time selling it at 10 grand because its just a shit heap lancer.
Save you money do an advanced driving course and get a sports car, then you shall be happy.
But if you still feel the need to kit the camry, do it, but be prepared to cop some flak

This post was no about giving you a hard time its about helping out, hopefully you take my advice. If you want a Fast car save and buy one, if you want a A to B car stay with the camry but don't spend moeny on it!!

U R A BUS

[Updated on: Fri, 15 April 2005 02:06]

boudan
Regular

June 2003
Re: Is it rice or being unique ? ? ? Fri, 15 April 2005 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you'll find Vote 1 Rex...

is actually refering to the person Rex. (not WRX)
buttocks
Regular

October 2003
Re: Is it rice or being unique ? ? ? Fri, 15 April 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry part deleted
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: Is it rice or being unique ? ? ? Fri, 15 April 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That first one looks wicked! Do they make anything similar for the MX83 cressida?
styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Is it rice or being unique ? ? ? Sun, 17 April 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well a subtle kit could look nice but a big kit would be rice.
why not spend the money on some real performance enhancing mods?
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Is it rice or being unique ? ? ? Sun, 17 April 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rex_Kelway wrote on Wed, 13 April 2005 00:16

Agreed whole-heartedly.. (note the 'enhances rather than cheapens appearance comment)

[Updated on: Sun, 17 April 2005 03:37]

Curtis
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: Is it rice or being unique ? ? ? Sun, 17 April 2005 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
styler wrote on Sun, 17 April 2005 13:26

well a subtle kit could look nice but a big kit would be rice.
why not spend the money on some real performance enhancing mods?

I plan to do both, but it is hard to find performance pasts for a camry.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Is it rice or being unique ? ? ? Sun, 17 April 2005 05:38 Go to previous message
Thats because they are a family sedan.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Are these wheels Dodgy?
Next Topic:= Few questions bout Soarer MZ20
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 13:39:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0078270435333252 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.