Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » CLKWRK is gonna be back. (Warning: lots of swearing)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

CLKWRK is gonna be back. (Warning: lots of swearing) Thu, 05 December 2002 05:09 Go to next message
Well, some old bugger has fucked my car.

I'm behind this old bastard in the right lane of 3 lanes, waiting for the prick to move over. He drives along in both lanes for a while, pissing me off, so as soon as he was all the way over I go to boot it past him.
Just as I'm level with him he swerves into me "to avoid someone pulling out". I end up on either side of the median strip scraping my sump & manage to get off & pull over, & the old bastard tries to say I ran into him, & that I was doing "incredible speed".

Anyway, my crossmember is rooted, the chassis rail looks bent, the front quarter is pretty wasted, the steering arm is fuct, & the sump looks pretty bad.
Comprehensive insurance for my car is out of the question, so it's up to his insurance co. to decide whether they find him at fault (cos the cops didn't) and pay me out. Then may only get the market value of the thing.......

So anyway, watch out for old spastics on the road & take care people.

[Updated on: Tue, 10 December 2002 07:14]

Send a private message to this user    
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: CLKWRK is no more. (Warning: lots of swearing) Thu, 05 December 2002 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's fucked up! Why did the police say it's your fault??

hope it works out for you.
CheeseCake_Bandit
Regular

May 2002
Re: CLKWRK is no more. (Warning: lots of swearing) Thu, 05 December 2002 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You know what man, i feel for you

I hope you fuck up the old cunt, theres nothing worse then seeing an inncoent bystanded get fucked by some old fart who probably can't remember where he put his teeth,

I hope you got his address, i say if it don't go in favour of you, then i suggest take matters into your own hands, and screw him over the way he screwed you,

I've heard there are alot of 'night time street baseball' being played nowadays, maybe you should give it a try Very Happy
St3ve_AE92
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: CLKWRK is no more. (Warning: lots of swearing) Thu, 05 December 2002 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FRRRIGGG!

sorry to hear that joel

did you say the cops couldnt find him at fault?
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: CLKWRK is no more. (Warning: lots of swearing) Thu, 05 December 2002 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THAT IS FUCKED UP SHIT!!! fucken old people. i have ALWAYS had a problem with old people on the roads. Mad

Joel, depending on what half of your car he hit you determines how easily the insurance co will find him at fault. If it's your rear half or centre then insurnace co's will favour you. If it's front of your car they will favour him. ALso get back to the scene and get photos etc to see if you can prove your position on the road and his also.
If there was no witnesses then that also a fucken shit.
If you have 3rd party property, it might be worth asking them to evaluate the scene also, since ultimately it determines whether they pay out, or another company pays out.

DO NOT let this one slide past Joel. Get ANY support you can. NRMA membership i think gives you assistance with proof of fault in accidents.

If you need any help mate, muscular, itelectual, legal, insurance, or otherwise, just let me know dude. I will be more than happy to help, and i know a few people that might be able to!
Pumpkin
Regular

Toymods Board Member

September 2002
Re: CLKWRK is no more. (Warning: lots of swearing) Thu, 05 December 2002 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arrghh Joel I'm really sorry to hear that.... Please let me know if you need a car or help with anything..
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: CLKWRK is no more. (Warning: lots of swearing) Thu, 05 December 2002 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys,

Been speaking to Joel and hopefully things work out for him with the insurance. I think the police not finding the other guy at fault is more of a criminal nature than in the accident ie it wasn't a neg driving charge but he is still at faullt for the Acco. I hope that's it anyway.

I have nmy own pet hate for Old Farts and cars for similar reasons having had one of my babies written off by a drink driver who was both undertaking and speeding yet even with 3 witnesses I still coped the blame (F#@king NRMA ) Mad

But anyway ! Regardless of that the important thing is to get the car back to its state of glory if at all possible. (I'm sure it is)

If we can supply all the bits there's more chance it can be repaired so if you have a bit you have been hoarding as a spare (like I do) and Joel needs it, nows a great time to put it too good use. Tina and I have a smick RA28 front end (Its actually half Grants as well - Toyrota) and we can supply the new chassis rail and inner guard section plus the front suspension brackets and control arm. I also have the stearing parts and a stock strut if thats of any use ? We are happily donating it to the cause ! (FREE)

At the very least tho he still needs a good Passnger side Guard and TA23 Xmember plus a 4AGE sump ! If you can help get his beast back on the road please let him know Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 05 December 2002 06:00]

rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CLKWRK is no more. (Warning: lots of swearing) Thu, 05 December 2002 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry to hear this joel, it was such a great looking car Sad
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: CLKWRK is no more. (Warning: lots of swearing) Thu, 05 December 2002 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i might possibly have an OK condition passenger guard. Might have some rust, but i havent inspected it thoroughly.

otherwise i will offer whatever i can.
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: CLKWRK is no more. (Warning: lots of swearing) Thu, 05 December 2002 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks to everyone for their condolences, I really made the subject I bit more dramatic sounding that the situation, I'm pretty sure CLKWRK will be back on the road.
I'll take some photos & put them up soon, & after having another look the strut tower has shifted a fair bit, & the passenger footwell has recieved a huge hit from the wheel & the heater fan is looking a bit squashed.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: CLKWRK is no more. (Warning: lots of swearing) Thu, 05 December 2002 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joel im so sorry to hear it Sad
ive been in a very similar situation
i was just lucky there was nothing in the middle of the road

if there is anything i can do to help let me know
im sure toymods will get behind you on this 1 mate
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: CLKWRK is no more. (Warning: lots of swearing) Thu, 05 December 2002 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel,

I very sorry to hear it.
I know exactly how you feel. That is how i lost my RA28 many years ago. Different type of acco but an old woman who had missed her turn and 30 metres later descided to come to an abrupt holt and what really made my night was all her brake lights did not work.

Try prove that one when youve just ploughed into the back of them and mashed their whole rear end.

Teenz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: CLKWRK is no more. (Warning: lots of swearing) Thu, 05 December 2002 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel,

As Rod said - ANYTHING you need - parts wise or help wise just let us know.

Don't worry Dude, we will get the beast back on the road.

It's time like this that you will see just how great Toymods is when it comes to helping out mates.

Talk Soon - Love
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: CLKWRK is no more. (Warning: lots of swearing) Thu, 05 December 2002 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel, sorry to here what happened but anything that you need let us know.As for the things Rod said that he had that are half mine consider them yours.
All I would like, is to see your car back on the road,so if I can help give me a call.
Goodluck with it
whiteGZE
Regular

May 2002

Re: CLKWRK is no more. (Warning: lots of swearing) Thu, 05 December 2002 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was pretty shocked when I read the title of the thread, though it was good to hear you can still fix her.

Condolences and best of luck getting CLKWRK back on the road.
japspec
Regular

May 2002
Re: CLKWRK is no more. (Warning: lots of swearing) Thu, 05 December 2002 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hey Joel

Simon told me what happened after you called the shop. Glad to hear your ok, sorry about the beast. It's so wierd to think I was looking at the beautiful orange machine just the other day and now it's in traction!
On a lighter note, maybe it pushed you struts in enough to fit 18's on the front now hehe!
Give me a call if you need any help.
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: CLKWRK is no more. (Warning: lots of swearing) Thu, 05 December 2002 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well mate

u have a cross member here! (if ya still have a ra xmember)
well thats a bit more to the tally!!!

hope that helps

craig
MaNGeW
Forums Junkie

Formerly TRD_RoLLa

May 2002
Re: CLKWRK is no more. (Warning: lots of swearing) Thu, 05 December 2002 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I feel for ya mate...
Sorry to hear such bad news.
Looking forward to see u on the road again.
rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: CLKWRK is no more. (Warning: lots of swearing) Thu, 05 December 2002 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to here about your car mate.
Hope its back on the road soon.
How are you going with the insurance side of things??
Photos coming soon??
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: CLKWRK is no more. (Warning: lots of swearing) Thu, 05 December 2002 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah, that's right, the photos! Smile

Here's some:

http://members.optushome.com.au/big.worm/crash/DSC03751.JPG

http://members.optushome.com.au/big.worm/crash/DSC03755.JPG

http://members.optushome.com.au/big.worm/crash/DSC03757.JPG

I reckon the strut top would have been totally rooted if were not for the nice thick strut brace plate reinforcing it.

More pics are here..... http://members.optushome.com.au/big.worm/crash/pag e_01.htm
BOOSTN
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: CLKWRK is no more. (Warning: lots of swearing) Thu, 05 December 2002 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry to hear about your car mate. Old bastards on the road piss me off too. Same thing happened to my first RA23, put a 1ggte into it, few months later driving down the road and some ol' git pulls out from a T-section straight in front of me making my car a foot shorter.
Also had the same problems with insurance, they only wanted to give me standard market value for a celica, but after a bit of effort and plenty of swearing they paid me 7g's for my wreck.
almost 2 years later my new Ra23 is nearly ready to hit the bitumen again, better than it was before.
Anyway if theres anything you need or advice, let us know.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: CLKWRK is no more. (Warning: lots of swearing) Thu, 05 December 2002 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to hear mate.
You'll be back out, Clockworkin the streets, in no time Razz

Although i think that you should change the title?
I was picturing the whole side of the car as being f*cked.
or a write off
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: CLKWRK is (temporarily) no more. (Warning: lots of swearing) Fri, 06 December 2002 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Man Joel that bites.

It's not fair that you spend thousands of hours labouring over something you love only to have some idiot take it all away from you in a moment.

Did the police test his alcohol level, it sounds like he was more than just old. Either way, driving like that he doesn't deserve a license.

I got rid of all my parts when I sold my last celica (didn't think I would be buying another) but if you need a labourer to help with the resurrection, just name the date.

Cheers

Anthony
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: CLKWRK is (temporarily) no more. (Warning: lots of swearing) Fri, 06 December 2002 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got a FWD sump somewhere if its any good to you dude...
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: CLKWRK is (temporarily) no more. (Warning: lots of swearing) Fri, 06 December 2002 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to hear that man...

I also think that you may have over reacted with the title... The damage looks bad but not too bad that us Toymodders can't fix...

Hope everything goes well with insurance for you...

Ben...
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: CLKWRK is (temporarily) no more. (Warning: lots of swearing) Fri, 06 December 2002 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OUCH!!!!! (cringes!) dude not very nice at all!!!, but remeber this, its only a bit of metal and metal can be bent back into place, on the other hand if you had gone all the way to the other side of the road and had a head on maybe your body wouldnt be as easy to mend Smile

Its never nice when someone else is the cause of an accident and its easy to say theyre a dickhead but remember that maybe he did have a genuine reason to swerve (at least in his own mind anyhow).

Ive got some spare sumps here if you need them Joel, and if it comes to it I even have a spare block you can have (make sure you take a close look when you pull the sump off..its pretty common for them to crack after an accident..especially in the FWD's).

Talk to you soon
troyboy
Regular

May 2002

Re: CLKWRK is (temporarily) no more. (Warning: lots of swearing) Fri, 06 December 2002 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel ...

Geez man ... That must really hurt...
I hope this inncodent does not take ur desire away to have ur old celica... dont give up on it ...
TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: CLKWRK is (temporarily) no more. (Warning: lots of swearing) Sat, 07 December 2002 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Joel,

well that sucks.....
i live in permanent fear of something like that. It's much easier to deal with if it is your fault.

Well i have a spare ra crossmember for you to swap with craig that you are welcome to.

Good luck

Cheers
Stew
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: CLKWRK is (temporarily) no more. (Warning: lots of swearing) Tue, 10 December 2002 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your condolences fellas.

Hey stew, thanks for the offer, but I still have my old RA crossmember, so I should be right. Thanks anyway.

Anyway, CHAPTER 2 in the CLocKWRecK saga.
It turns out the old dude that stacked into me isn't insured....
HApparently he rang GIO to make the claim & his insurance ran out recently & he hadn't renewed it. Apparently....
So now I'll be sending him the quote, and there will be no write off value, so it could be really good or it could be really bad.
Hopefully he has the cash, I'm keeping my fingers crossed as he was driving a fairly new Civic (which is also his wifes) and he lives in Mosman, so, who knows.
I'll be getting a quote on thursday, then I can start pulling apart my car & preparing it for some beatings (of the panel variety).

I'll be sure to post up the quote Smile
Nchalada
Occasional Poster

September 2002

Re: CLKWRK is gonna be back. (Warning: lots of swearing) Tue, 10 December 2002 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mad Mad Mad Mad

That bites!

The pics tell the story!

Tony
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: CLKWRK is gonna be back. (Warning: lots of swearing) Tue, 10 December 2002 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel
just so you feel better both times my car has been hit since it was painted it was hit by young women with no insurance.First of all you shit bricks (big ones,with sharp edges) but if you stick to your guns and keep a level head you should be able to work it out.Don't go off your head at all.
I guess I was lucky both times and got it back in pretty good shape ,so my advice is be carm and hopefully it will work out fine
Keep smileing it could be a lot worse
Techie_Mark
Regular

May 2002
Re: CLKWRK is gonna be back. (Warning: lots of swearing) Tue, 10 December 2002 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel,
I saw your car driving past a couple of weeks ago while I was waiting at a set of lights..damn it looks (looked) nice on the road.. let's just hope you don't get stuffed around with the old fella.. my tips for avoiding doing so.. get at least 2 quotes, and send him both, along with a "First letter of demand".. if no reply within 1 week, send "Second letter..".. third week "Final Letter".. fourth week.. go to small claims court with all your doco's and serve him a warrant of some sort.. I think that's how it works anyway.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: CLKWRK is gonna be back. (Warning: lots of swearing) Tue, 10 December 2002 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree, You'll have to get at least 2 inderpendent quotes for everything to be official and by the book!
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CLKWRK is gonna be back. (Warning: lots of swearing) Tue, 10 December 2002 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you need to send out a letter of demand ring your insurance company they might be able to put u on to a firm affiliated with your insurer that will write up a standardised letter of demand on a professional looking letter head etc this will make the letter a little more convincing.

anyways good luck with the fix

GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: CLKWRK is gonna be back. (Warning: lots of swearing) Tue, 10 December 2002 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel its good to hear the car will be back on the road eventually. Best of luck with it all.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: CLKWRK is gonna be back. (Warning: lots of swearing) Tue, 10 December 2002 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
woohoo!!! expensive smashies here we come!!!

im sure you've already got your hands on some top notch places to get your work done, so i wont bother suggestion some expensive and good places to try (castle hill is renound for it!)

I look forward with EAGRE anticipation to you getting your car back on the road by next dyno day mate! ill challenge that 4AG!

Oh, and if you want all the proper legal information, or even a law firm written letter, just ask mate! i have some top shelf mates in law firms and also studying business and admin law... certainly has helped me before Smile
Julz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: CLKWRK is gonna be back. (Warning: lots of swearing) Wed, 11 December 2002 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Hopefully he has the cash, I'm keeping my fingers crossed as he was driving a fairly new Civic (which is also his wifes) and he lives in Mosman, so, who knows.

Hmm, interesting.

The car who smashed into me on Saturday belonged to a doctor from Mosman. Spooky!

But the guy diving wasn't a dickhead.
Nchalada
Occasional Poster

September 2002

Re: CLKWRK is gonna be back. (Warning: lots of swearing) Wed, 11 December 2002 07:46 Go to previous message
Are we going to beat this old man up?? Laughing

Maybe...
it is a joke hehe

[Updated on: Wed, 11 December 2002 07:48]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:My rice rocket
Next Topic:JZA80 articles
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 9 03:15:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065498352050781 seconds