Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Places in syd to get my webers (2tg) dyno tuned

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Bananaman
Regular

July 2003
Places in syd to get my webers (2tg) dyno tuned Mon, 11 April 2005 07:19 Go to next message
Gday fellas,

I'm chasing someone experienced with tuning twin sidedraft webers in the sydney area, with a dyno. Its liable to be the only time i pay to get it tuned, so someone who doesn't mind me checking out what they're doing / explaining some of it to me would be great.

Engine is a worked 2tg 1600, running in a ke20 rolla.

Thanks,
Bardin.
  Send a private message to this user    
Bananaman
Regular

July 2003
Re: Places in syd to get my webers (2tg) dyno tuned Mon, 11 April 2005 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noone has any recommendations?
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Places in syd to get my webers (2tg) dyno tuned Mon, 11 April 2005 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Give Fran Kleining a call. He runs Frank Kleinig Motors. I think he's at Girraween.

He's one of those old dudes that knows carbs back-to-front. He did the work on my 18RG with Solex's and the engine is just great now - it's like a new motor.

Jesse (T18) also took his car there and I know a few others that have carbs and wouldn't go to anyone else. I highly recommend him, he's an engine/carb guru.

seeyuzz
river
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Places in syd to get my webers (2tg) dyno tuned Mon, 11 April 2005 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

river wrote on Tue, 12 April 2005 08:57

Hi,
Give Fran Kleining a call. He runs Frank Kleinig Motors. I think he's at Girraween.

Sorry about the typo. He is Frank Kleinig. He's in the phone book.

seeyuzz
river
Bananaman
Regular

July 2003
Re: Places in syd to get my webers (2tg) dyno tuned Tue, 12 April 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good. I think i'll give him a call, and sus him out. I'm assuming he has no dyno though?

Guess its best to get someone who knows their stuff to do the tune, and if i go get it dynoed at a dyno day separately later its all good.

Thanks for that mate.
Bananaman
Regular

July 2003
Re: Places in syd to get my webers (2tg) dyno tuned Tue, 12 April 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, gave him a call.

From what he said, it seems like he closed his shop (or was planning on it?) but is now back open again, but does not know for how much longer. He said i could give him a call next monday and see how things are going, he's too busy this week to take on more.

Was hoping to get myself booked in thurs or friday somewhere. Dreaming perhaps..

Thanks,
Bardin.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Places in syd to get my webers (2tg) dyno tuned Tue, 12 April 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The problem is that there's basically nobody around who is really good at tuning carbies these days. Based on the results I have seen from friends cars Frank is the only person I'd reccomend.

He can be a surly old bugger at times so you'll need to take that in your stride.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Places in syd to get my webers (2tg) dyno tuned Tue, 12 April 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Yes, he does have a dyno.

And Joshstix is correct, Frank's a cantacerous old bugger, but I think that's also a part of his charm.

seeyuzz
river
Bananaman
Regular

July 2003
Re: Places in syd to get my webers (2tg) dyno tuned Tue, 12 April 2005 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neither of you have any insight into the closed / not closed debacle?

I'm going away on tuesday, and really want to get it tuned before i go, so calling him monday i daresay won't help me much. Guess worst comes to worst i wait, he does sound like the best bet.

Thanks,
Bardin.

edit: How much does he charge?

[Updated on: Tue, 12 April 2005 09:01]

jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Places in syd to get my webers (2tg) dyno tuned Tue, 12 April 2005 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha cranky frank Cool
took my car and my sisters car there, we're both pretty happy with his work, and price wasnt too bad
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Places in syd to get my webers (2tg) dyno tuned Tue, 12 April 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Bananaman wrote on Tue, 12 April 2005 18:57

Neither of you have any insight into the closed / not closed debacle?

No, sorry. But it will be a sad day indeed when he does close his doors. Who am I going to take my engine to (especially my carbs) to get tuned? Damned if I'll be installing a ghey EFI system on my old engine!

I paid approx $750 for full tune (oil, plugs, filters, dizzy rotor), dyno and this included a complete carb rebuild (ie all parts, gaskets, the lot). Considering the difference in performance after I got the engine done I was happy to pay that.

seeyuzz
river
frr33q
Regular

June 2003
Re: Places in syd to get my webers (2tg) dyno tuned Wed, 13 April 2005 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Bananaman.

i just recently got my car tuned coz it was running like an absolute dog. i've got a ta22 with a single downdraft webber on it and the rest is stock as. Hi-Comp Performance Engines & Tuning tuned it for me on the dyno with exceptional results. power at the wheels jumped up a considerable amount the car is now alot smoother and the fuel consumption is frugal. i was struggling to get 190miles out of a tank now i easily get about 250miles.

Gige them a call i highly recomend them 9677 0505 and ask for Joe he absolutely loves working on webbers.

tell hime Ramez sent you! Very Happy
Bananaman
Regular

July 2003
Re: Places in syd to get my webers (2tg) dyno tuned Thu, 14 April 2005 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Might give him a go, i am somewhat keen to get this sorted sooner rather than later..

Establishing a relationship with someone who i know will be staying in business isn't such a bad thing either.

Out of interest, what was your power figure, and how much did he charge?
Bananaman
Regular

July 2003
Re: Places in syd to get my webers (2tg) dyno tuned Thu, 14 April 2005 00:47 Go to previous message
Just gave him a call, very impressed with his attitude, very keen, seems to know what he's on about, etc etc. I'm going down there today so he can have a looksee at the car, and we'll go from there.

Thanks Ramez Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Engine Stalling
Next Topic:Fuel pump installation
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 16:35:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064558982849121 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.