Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
kdogg
Regular

November 2004
ke30 cross drilled discs Tue, 12 April 2005 06:39 Go to next message
does anybody know where to get cross drilled and ventilated discs for a ke30?
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ke30 cross drilled discs Tue, 12 April 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check the dba web site but i doubt it, maybe a conversion from another model. , vented discs would be wider anyway and probably not compatible with the stock calipers.
Cross drilleing is for show, vented yes and grooves to deglaze the pads but don't worry about cross drilling.
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: ke30 cross drilled discs Tue, 12 April 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another thing to concider is that the cross-drilled rotors will crack after a while. Unless they've been specially heat treated or whatever the treatment is.
But like Corona said cross-drilled rotors are for show (or for racing) not general driving. If you want something flash go for slotted rotors, the only downside is increased pad wear.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ke30 cross drilled discs Tue, 12 April 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually even race cars these days don't use cross drilled rotors and hsv has stopped using is on their premium brake packages. Take a look at a v8 supercar set up, i did at bathurst two years ago and they just run vented and slotted rotors and in pics of the new Sv6000 HSV it just runs slotted adn vented rotors.
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: ke30 cross drilled discs Tue, 12 April 2005 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Goes to show just how much of an interest i have in the race cars now a days Smile
Or should i say "My boss tells me that i have no interest in it and that i must work in the kitchen on race days." Rolling Eyes
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ke30 cross drilled discs Tue, 12 April 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke30 calipers wont be wide enuf to fit a vented rotor anyway which is why people upgrade their calipers at the same time as upgrading their discs
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: ke30 cross drilled discs Tue, 12 April 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a feeling dba can make any discs slotted for an extra 80 dollars
(I got slotted vented pug discs for my celica upgrade for $300)
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: ke30 cross drilled discs Tue, 12 April 2005 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KE30 discs are 10mm thick.. not a good idea to even put a 1mm slot into them..

KE70 disc is also 218mm diameter, but is 12.5mm thick, and has a better chance of surviving being slotted.

that said, you will likely get more benefit from good pads than fancy discs Wink

Cya, Stewart
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: ke30 cross drilled discs Tue, 12 April 2005 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 12 April 2005 18:39

actually even race cars these days don't use cross drilled rotors and hsv has stopped using is on their premium brake packages. Take a look at a v8 supercar set up, i did at bathurst two years ago and they just run vented and slotted rotors and in pics of the new Sv6000 HSV it just runs slotted adn vented rotors.

I would argue that there's a really good reason that the McLaren F1 and the Porsche Carrera GT both have cross-drilled rotors.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ke30 cross drilled discs Tue, 12 April 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the Mclaren F1 was designed over ten years ago so braking technology has changed a lot since then, the porsche is a different story, its rotors are ceramic and thus are not as prone to warping at heat and in fact need plenty of heat before they actually work.
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ke30 cross drilled discs Tue, 12 April 2005 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the bigger the disc the more heat it will absorb basically, so bigger surface area means better brakes, ur brakes will only be as good in performance limited by how much heat it will dispense when braking.

ie i smaller caliper on a bigger disc will probably perform better than a bigger caliper on a smaller disc.

tom210
Regular

March 2005
Re: ke30 cross drilled discs Wed, 13 April 2005 05:27 Go to previous message
at launnie supercheap the price for DBA slotted rotors was $208.64 pr and for replacement standards its $106.44 pr i didnt get a price on the cross drilled ones, so unless you wanna re-mortage the house I'd just stick to the slotted ones, anyway i hear that the drilled ones are prone to cracking
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ae82/92 - 4AGE's - confused!
Next Topic:Who Sells Tokico Locally? (In Oz..?)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:04:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044839382171631 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.