Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
LOL - ebay is full of dodgy Šunts Tue, 12 April 2005 11:53 Go to next message
Email from seller

Hello there,

Thank you for your interest in my 2003 Ford Falcon BA XR6. The price I want to obtain for it is $9,000 (this price includes shippment and insurance charges).

The car is like new, completely working, low miles, 2003 model - 4 litre. It has always been garage kept. It is an AU model with AU specs on it (RHD) and this car was never crushed, dropped or raced, no scratches, no dents and also it has a CLEAR title and CLEAN and you will just have to register it in your state. It will come with all the papers (warranty, insurance etc. ...). I took care of it like it was my own baby and now is in the same condition as it was when I bought it -- even better!

It will be shipped via air freigth with Lufthansa Air Cargo from Rome, Italy to the nearest international airport from your area and from there with ground freigth to your door. I'm in the Military and Lufthansa will manage me a low price for shipping and if you will pay the money transfer taxes, I will pay for the shipping fees.

The shipping costs and the insurance taxes of the package will be down to me and you will pay the fees for transferring the money (about 5% of the total amount).

The payment will be completed using Ebay security I want to take this opportunity to assure you that this deal is 100% LEGIT because Square Trade will be the third party between us and I think that we can make the deal by using their services. I have a purchase protection account of $20,000 with them. If this is your first time using Square Trade here are their terms: if you will not receive the car exactly as advertised or you won't receive it in 15 days since the payment has been made, Square Trade will refund you from my Square Trade account.

Regards,

Ps. If you have the money ready and you want to buy my baby I will declare you the winner of my auction and I will contact eBay Square Trade to start the deal. If this is OK with you please REPLY WITH YOUR FULL NAME AND SHIPPING ADDRESS IN YOUR NEXT EMAIL so that we can move forward with this deal!

anon@optusnet.com.au wrote:

Question about your item

Dear nestorells,

Also, are you still offering the $9000 price for the item. If so, please call me on xxxxxxxxx. Thanks.

Thank you,
fat_sim

a) Why is the Falcon in Italy?
b) Why is it listed as a BA and then described as an AU?
c) So, the buyer is supposed to pay for the transfer fees to transfer the money out of the country and the seller then pays for the imaginary air freight?

Do you reckon anyone could be retarded enough to fall for this "completely 100% legit scam"? No No No
  Send a private message to this user    
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: LOL - ebay is full of dodgy Šunts Tue, 12 April 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Been there done that... When I asked for the car's VIN and body code (Toyota) the wouldn't provide it so it's a scam...

Cheers.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: LOL - ebay is full of dodgy Šunts Tue, 12 April 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
same scam as here on drive.com.au

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=65276&start=0&rid=9304&S=30acd4b8ada b703fc4f70f210d6db7c6
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: LOL - ebay is full of dodgy Šunts Tue, 12 April 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
take a look at my this has to be dodgy thread, this has been happening on drive.com.au, i think it is the latest scam in trying to get ppl's bank account details to severely rape them. The response seems to be pretty much the same. Anyway, he even tried to flog off a car on drive that was already up for sale at the same time by autostyle, i emailed autostyle to inform them of the fraudelent sale tand they have passed the info on to drive.com.au that have since removed his sales inclduing the ones in the supra section which i added in the email to autostyle. Although ity appears he is back at it again now on ebay and there is another twin turbo supra for sale with 20000km on it for 12K, it is supposedly located in sydney by the add and the pics show it as left hand drive.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: LOL - ebay is full of dodgy Šunts Tue, 12 April 2005 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my feeling is that they are trying to get your full name and address so they can come and raid your house while you are not there, they no you kinda have money cos you are interested in the car etc.
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: LOL - ebay is full of dodgy Šunts Tue, 12 April 2005 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebay is full of scam artists.

When i was trying to sell my laptops on ebay some dude use the buy it now feature. He said he wanted to sent to africa when his details said he was in america. And he wanted me to send the laptops the second i got the confermation from western union. They make fake emails n shit. Never send anything until the money is in your hands.

The thing you quote is on ebay all the time, last one i saw was a wrx in italy. Exact same price and details.

Just report it to ebay
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: LOL - ebay is full of dodgy Šunts Tue, 12 April 2005 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ryan you sold laptops? dammit i need one!

anyway, toymods has had a few dodgy cunts, although admins and mods have always come to the rescue, man these forums rule, when im not so broke ill donate something, although id expect a sticker as id be donating $50 Razz

Eldar.O.
muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: LOL - ebay is full of dodgy Šunts Tue, 12 April 2005 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I saw the same thing with a gsxr750. 2002 model for $4500! on the second email he was giving me his bank details! Moved to italy to open a restaurant and needed the money to continue business. But he was willing to ship it back to Australia for free!!!!! At the slightest suggestion he was full of bs he started telling me how religious he was and that he didn't want to go to hell so he wouldn't rip anyone off.

Seriously, you would have to be pretty naive to get done though.
Sigmeister
Regular

June 2004
Re: LOL - ebay is full of dodgy Šunts Tue, 12 April 2005 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys, I don't use eBay and have no idea how it works, but i thought there was some way you can deal through ebay so you don't get shafted, like you send the money to them and the seller sends the item to them and once both have been received, they send it through? Are they getting around this by using some third party mob which is dodgy?

Also is there away to trap these dodgy tools? Not as in with police etc. but just by giving them the run around? You know, sounding all keen and then sending them monopoly money or something?

I saw this done before, a story similar to jackel. A guy was selling a laptop and some dodgy dude said he'd buy it. So the seller acted all dumb and the buyer thought he had him on toast. The buyer says send it straight away and he'll move the money into the guys account etc. The seller gets a box, writes laptop on it in crayon as well as severl other humerous things, adds some old computer parts to give it weight, then sends that to the buyer. The Seller (Being a computer nerd) was telling this in a forum with constant updates and people who lived near where it was getting deleiverred steaked out to get photos of the dodgy bloke and the reaction when he got his 'laptop'?
Gold is all I can say!
I want to get these dodgy bastards!
griminir
Regular

October 2003
icon8.gif  Re: LOL - ebay is full of dodgy Šunts Tue, 12 April 2005 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Square Trade is the third party that can hold the funds until the buyer receives the item, upon which time they release the funds to the seller. I've never used this service, I rarely see it offered on auctions as it is optional for the seller to include it.

Wise words from Jackal, "Never send anything until the money is in your hands."
Always be careful with paypal too, apparantly if someone transfers funds to your paypal account they then have the option to reverse the transaction. So you receive the funds, ship the item, then they transfer the funds back. So you're cluster fvcked - have no item, no money, are still liable for all the fees, and paypal won't do shit. Seriously, read their user agreement, it's glorious.
Some nice horror stories here:
http://www.paypalsucks.com/
and here:
http://www.ebayersthatsuck.com/
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: LOL - ebay is full of dodgy Šunts Wed, 13 April 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
griminir wrote on Wed, 13 April 2005 09:31

Square Trade is the third party that can hold the funds until the buyer receives the item, upon which time they release the funds to the seller. I've never used this service, I rarely see it offered on auctions as it is optional for the seller to include it.

Wise words from Jackal, "Never send anything until the money is in your hands."
Always be careful with paypal too, apparantly if someone transfers funds to your paypal account they then have the option to reverse the transaction. So you receive the funds, ship the item, then they transfer the funds back. So you're cluster fvcked - have no item, no money, are still liable for all the fees, and paypal won't do shit. Seriously, read their user agreement, it's glorious.
Some nice horror stories here:
http://www.paypalsucks.com/
and here:
http://www.ebayersthatsuck.com/

Thanks for that info, i could have got stung on Paypal Rolling Eyes .
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: LOL - ebay is full of dodgy Šunts Wed, 13 April 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the way dodgy people use fraud accounts is either steal credit card use the details, send out emails trying to get your password or send a buyer comfirmation letter to someones house and steal the letter from there box.

don't you square trade unless it's a ebay approved partner.

Also try not to deal with people with no or negative feedback unless they email you.

Also if it's to good to be true then alot of the times it is.

Still i've won things for $1 Very Happy
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: LOL - ebay is full of dodgy Šunts Wed, 13 April 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have a read on how these scams work. A humourous story in which the buyer gets back at the scammer:
http://www.hot.ee/ppppowerbook/
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: LOL - ebay is full of dodgy Šunts Wed, 13 April 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe... there are 3 lsd's for an 86 on ebay...

not mentioned in the ad is:

What model it is for
What Way it is
What Condition it is in
Whether it's damaged or not
What Brand it is

i find it funny that they have been bidded on at such a stupid price...

the buyer will be in for a big surprise
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: LOL - ebay is full of dodgy Šunts Wed, 13 April 2005 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Soarer wrote on Wed, 13 April 2005 17:57

Have a read on how these scams work. A humourous story in which the buyer gets back at the scammer:
http://www.hot.ee/ppppowerbook/

Laughing Laughing
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: LOL - ebay is full of dodgy Šunts Wed, 13 April 2005 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=SIMDOG wrote on Tue, 12 April 2005 21:53]
Email from seller

Do you reckon anyone could be retarded enough to fall for this "completely 100% legit scam"? No No No

yes, there was an article in my local paper last year about these stupid fucktards who thought they were getting a bargain 2003 bmw for 12k. they transferred the money via western union and everything, ebay n00bs.
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: LOL - ebay is full of dodgy Šunts Wed, 13 April 2005 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha that ppppowerbook one is fucking gold!
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: LOL - ebay is full of dodgy Šunts Thu, 14 April 2005 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OMGWTFBBQ
Julz01
Regular

December 2004
Re: LOL - ebay is full of dodgy Šunts Fri, 15 April 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The general rules that I follow with ebay are

Buy in australia
Never purchase anything that is to expensive

By following this I havnt been done yet and I sell stuff on there aswell
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: LOL - ebay is full of dodgy Šunts Fri, 15 April 2005 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have never had any problems with ebay, even when i didn't actually win the auction i have had a successful transaction with the seller.
I dare say that some of you people who are bagging ebay haven't had any bad experience themselves, or even know anyone who was... you're just scared.

my 2c.
cycleofabuse
Regular

June 2004
Re: LOL - ebay is full of dodgy Šunts Fri, 15 April 2005 14:17 Go to previous message
However..... there are some dodgy people on there no doubt. But, this is usually in the form of people selling some 2jz supra for $6k asking for a deposit etc.
Easy to spot.
Just look at their rating, if its 0 or anything low, don't do it.
If it's 99.8% from 1000 they're not grifters.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:The lastest ToyMod's craze, Probation !?
Next Topic:is it wrong?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:19:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0076251029968262 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.