Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
customSA63
Regular

February 2005
    NA
its all over boys and girls Wed, 13 April 2005 05:43 Go to next message
its all over!!!!!
toyota has annonced there will never be a car called a celica or MR2 ever again made after this year.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
they may bring out a hybrid of the two thought next year if were lucky.
i think they will have to because if they dont only the limited edition exports to the united states will be there sports cars like the soarer.
making toyota look like a granny car company with only rav4s corollas and camrys.
so show your support and write to toyota to make this hybid car Very Happy lol.
cheers
matt
  Send a private message to this user    
studman
Occasional Poster

On Probation

March 2005
Re: its all over boys and girls Wed, 13 April 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they already make a hybrid car man. its called a prius. your dreams have come true and you didnt even haf to write a letter for it
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: its all over boys and girls Wed, 13 April 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
studman wrote on Wed, 13 April 2005 15:49

they already make a hybrid car man. its called a prius. your dreams have come true and you didnt even haf to write a letter for it

he doesnt mean a hybrid as in hybrid fuel car

he means hybrid as in a hybrid of the MR2 and celica

like a mix of the two

At least that's my interpretation.
customSA63
Regular

February 2005
    NA
Re: its all over boys and girls Wed, 13 April 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes thats what i mean a hybrid of the two cars lol
i dont think the prius is a performer like the celica or mr2 lol Very Happy Laughing
cheers
matt
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: its all over boys and girls Wed, 13 April 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Although TRD did set a land-speed and power record for their worked Prius....but we want petrol power not sun power.

They are run by a bunch of accountants and not car enthusiasts so they dont understand that die-hard toyota fans want performance,class and comfort all in one.All they see is that dollars can be made in selling family cars in Australia.

How crap
rob-ae86
Regular

November 2002
Re: its all over boys and girls Wed, 13 April 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Wed, 13 April 2005 16:12

studman wrote on Wed, 13 April 2005 15:49

he doesnt mean a hybrid as in hybrid fuel car

he means hybrid as in a hybrid of the MR2 and celica

like a mix of the two

At least that's my interpretation.

would that mean a Front engine RWD car???

orr a mid engine FWD Razz
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: its all over boys and girls Wed, 13 April 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who cares, its not like anyk of us here can afford those new toyotas anyway, and if you can odds are yoru gonna get a jza80
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: its all over boys and girls Wed, 13 April 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob-ae86 wrote on Wed, 13 April 2005 16:31

orr a mid engine FWD Razz

Laughing
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: its all over boys and girls Wed, 13 April 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've just been flicking through the news and announcements sections of the toyota japan web site and cannot for the life of me find this. Where did you hear this sordid news?

Edit:
wow, they built 6,723,674 vehicles in 2004. How much do you reckon they profit per vehicle?

[Updated on: Wed, 13 April 2005 06:48]

customSA63
Regular

February 2005
    NA
Re: its all over boys and girls Wed, 13 April 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it could be a front mount rear wheel supercharged small based car sounds the closest of the two combined.
customSA63
Regular

February 2005
    NA
Re: its all over boys and girls Wed, 13 April 2005 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i found it in top gear magazine its a english tv show and magazine its really good for finding stuff out.
the presenter is one of the best drivers alive.
one of his cars in his garage is an ex la mans porsche group 3.
lol Laughing
but i was flicking through and found the info from the january or december edition.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: its all over boys and girls Wed, 13 April 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldn't rate Jeremy Clarkson (if he's still the presenter) as one of the best drivers alive, as whenever they need to do a track speed test, they get a 'professional' driver to do it. But he is a pretty tops driver and indeed very funny. Best job in the world imho.

Don't think a new hybrid would be supercharged though as they haven't been for 15 odd years. Nice idea though Smiley =
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: its all over boys and girls Wed, 13 April 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh I lost faith in toyota's ability to produce anything decent ages ago,look at what we have to choose from at the moment,camry and corolla sportivo!! Rolling Eyes give me a fukkn break Mad when im 50 and sensible ill buy another toyota,untill then im left to milk asmuch power out of my ta22 as possible Very Happy
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: its all over boys and girls Wed, 13 April 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is about the 4th time someone has popped up and "annouced" this information.

This is only relevant for the USA. Hence why Davedave cannot find this press release on the toyota japan website Smile

Try toyota USA and it will be there.

Now please kids, dont scare the other kids.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: its all over boys and girls Wed, 13 April 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StuC wrote on Wed, 13 April 2005 16:30

Although TRD did set a land-speed and power record for their worked Prius....but we want petrol power not sun power.

i want an electric car with a 200kw electric motor at each corner Wink

as long as the batteries last long enough for a few runs, who cares Very Happy ... mmm 800kw Wink
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: its all over boys and girls Wed, 13 April 2005 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep that would be the ultimate oldcorollas.

I so badly want to get a hold of a big phyco powerful japanese electrical motor and a big bank of fuel cells and mount them babies in a ae86 or some light car, mated to the gearbox or something simular. may not even need a gearbox!

the acceleration would be so sweet and smooth and disturbingly quite.
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: its all over boys and girls Wed, 13 April 2005 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Wed, 13 April 2005 17:00

This is about the 4th time someone has popped up and "annouced" this information.

This is only relevant for the USA. Hence why Davedave cannot find this press release on the toyota japan website Smile

Try toyota USA and it will be there.

Now please kids, dont scare the other kids.

Phew..... I was worried that Toyota had decided to can the Celica (and mr2 Rolling Eyes ) in Japan too.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: its all over boys and girls Wed, 13 April 2005 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR2 Celica hybrid...

whats the target market.. "Hairdressers in a Hurry" ? Razz Razz

LOL, no i only know how to react to bad news with comedy.. Toyota aswell as other companies have totally lost the plot. As the current people in power sux0r... but nevermind in a decade or two the generation who loved the cars we love will be in power and we'll see a revival!

The return of the celica, mr2, trueno/levin (proper), skyline, rx7, silvia, supra... the list goes on.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: its all over boys and girls Wed, 13 April 2005 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for the most part, performance cars dont sell a great deal in comparison to 'normal' cars, so dont make near as much money. it also doesnt help that the head of toyota has no interest in motorsport.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: its all over boys and girls Wed, 13 April 2005 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blah to toyota new cars
if i was gonna buya mid priced new car
id get a used evo over a jza80 any day
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: its all over boys and girls Wed, 13 April 2005 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
customSA63 wrote on Wed, 13 April 2005 16:27

i dont think the prius is a performer like the celica or mr2 lol Very Happy Laughing
cheers
matt

Dunno about this one.
Ok yes its not in the same league, but the one I saw on Monday night on North Rocks Rd was absolutely hammering. He would've been using both electic & petrol motors all the time.
I couldn't keep up from the lights (no great surprise there though Razz ), but he also wasted a Mazda 3 who was trying.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: its all over boys and girls Wed, 13 April 2005 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Intensevil wrote on Wed, 13 April 2005 16:31

who cares, its not like anyk of us here can afford those new toyotas anyway, and if you can odds are yoru gonna get a jza80

quoted for accuracy

if i could fetch myself a JZA80 in 10 years time, i will

unless my taste in cars radically changes in that time

ahh screw it ill just get a crown Laughing
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: its all over boys and girls Wed, 13 April 2005 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the last mr2 sucks balls anyway, and the celica was really no match for the type R integra.
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: its all over boys and girls Thu, 14 April 2005 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Wed, 13 April 2005 21:05

whats the target market.. "Hairdressers in a Hurry" ? Razz Razz

Laughing

but yeah, i think ill just keep with the older sports cars for the moment Very Happy
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: its all over boys and girls Thu, 14 April 2005 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

It was "over" after 1977. The shape changed, the style waned and the accountants took over. It hasn't been the same since and it never will.

On the rare occasion a glimmer of hope was produced, only to go wayward on the subsequent evolution of the design.

Treasure your classics, for they'll never return.

seeyuzz
river
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: its all over boys and girls Thu, 14 April 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry River, as much as I like my classics, I'm a sucker for technology and they just don't deliver. Sure they look nice, but some of the wedgy 80's designs appeal to me, as do *some* JZA80 models.
G-Phresh
Regular

March 2005
Re: its all over boys and girls Thu, 14 April 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would call it a MR Celica
or Em-ar-lica
or Celicar
or Merlica
or Celica 2
or MR Cel!

oh the possibilities!

-Gaz
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: its all over boys and girls Thu, 14 April 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wagonist wrote on Wed, 13 April 2005 21:32

cheers
matt

Dunno about this one.
Ok yes its not in the same league, but the one I saw on Monday night on North Rocks Rd was absolutely hammering. He would've been using both electic & petrol motors all the time.
I couldn't keep up from the lights (no great surprise there though Razz ), but he also wasted a Mazda 3 who was trying.

Dunno if that 3 was trying too hard, the Prius's aren't too bad but they'll only keep up with your standard echo type car but CVT mnn heheh.. should run it at 250rpm to all the time and use the electric for power rather then the petrol Confused Oh well
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: its all over boys and girls Fri, 15 April 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charliechalk wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 21:56

wagonist wrote on Wed, 13 April 2005 21:32

cheers
matt

Dunno about this one.

Dunno if that 3 was trying too hard, the Prius's aren't too bad but they'll only keep up with your standard echo type car but CVT mnn heheh.. should run it at 250rpm to all the time and use the electric for power rather then the petrol Confused Oh well

Thats the main thing going in the Prius's favour. It has the same torque as your average 6 cyl diesel due to the Electric motor. I think hybrid technology is definitely the way to go...if they (toyota) were to see this and match a small efficient turbo powerplant like the 770cc turbo out of a Smart roadster combined with the torque from an electric motor, you would have one damn quick (and efficient) car.

imagine the stats...

130kw @ 5000
350nm from 1000 upward in a tabletop flat torque curve
1200kg GVM in a 4 seater sporty hot hatch...
mmmmmm.....sacrilicious Laughing
SilverGhost
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: its all over boys and girls Fri, 15 April 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

should run it at 250rpm to all the time and use the electric for power rather then the petrol Confused Oh well

unfortunately that would not work at all, electric motors are not powerful (as in producing high HP or KW) infact the Prius electric motor only adds about 10kw to the mix when used in conjunction with the petrol. What they are terrific for is having amazing torque levels in rev ranges where a petrol motor would be labouring or would not be able to function at all.

So you match a peaky petrol engine with a torquey electric motor and you have a winner.

The design for the prius however was on efficiency as the ultimate goal, to show the wider market what hybrid technology is capable of. Once that has been introduced and other motor companies want a piece of that niche (which will become a segment if petrol prices keep going the way they are Razz ) the next evolutionary step will be performance. Fuel cells will become more efficient, lighter ETC. Research may even spread into which method of charging the petrol engine will deliver the big figures....

We are standing at the beginning of what economists have forecast for many years. The turning point of where the cost differential between fossil fuels and developing alternative energies becomes smaller, and the very survival of major companies will rely on their ability to adapt to this change.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: its all over boys and girls Fri, 15 April 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the irony being companies will always leave this sort of thing until the last minute, meaning the situation is already dire by the time this great technology comes out.

If hybrid car technology such as that implemented in the prius was embraced wholly even five years ago... Think of the petrol that would be saved!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: its all over boys and girls Fri, 15 April 2005 09:32 Go to previous message
Meh, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Take the BMW approach. Burn hydrogen in an internal combustion engine just like now, don't miss out on the advantages and tweaks afforded by over 100 years of development and not rob them of a soul as well. Produce a safe storage mechanism for home and strap a solar panel to your roof to remove hydrogen from plain old tap water.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MA70: Feedback pls
Next Topic:Opinions on AE86 for track
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 15:18:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0086619853973389 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.