Toymods » The Outhouse » Suburbian Street Truck Parking Question

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Suburbian Street Truck Parking Question Wed, 13 April 2005 21:48 Go to next message
Hi,

Are trucks allowed to park in your average suburban street?

Is there a size on the truck that is allowed to park their?

seeyuzz
river
  Send a private message to this user    
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Suburbian Street Truck Parking Question Wed, 13 April 2005 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not in Canberra. There is a size limit here, dunno what it is. There is also typically a noise restriction so they cant be started before a specific time (7:00?).
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: Suburbian Street Truck Parking Question Wed, 13 April 2005 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok.
There are two answers to this question.
1/The long answer that would take at least 10 minutes to read, that includes ALL the regulations for heavy vehicles.
2/The short answer, "NO" there is no restrictions on size or time that a heavy vehicle can park in a suburban street. but even after saying that, there are your normal parking regulations that must be adhered to Re:not blocking a driveway,distance from intersection or any sign posted parking regulations.

clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Suburbian Street Truck Parking Question Thu, 14 April 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What if you live in the street?

We have a semi in the street and he parks there (sans trailer) but I've seen others that park in their yards with trailers.

He starts up at about midnight but just starts and goes. doesn't leave it idling like some do for hours.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Suburbian Street Truck Parking Question Thu, 14 April 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clubagreenie wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 10:34

We have a semi in the street and he parks there (sans trailer) but I've seen others that park in their yards with trailers.

He starts up at about midnight but just starts and goes. doesn't leave it idling like some do for hours.

some need to build up air pressure to release the brakes.

as for parking, it depends on the local councel in victoria, most require a flashing light on the rear corner at night
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: Suburbian Street Truck Parking Question Thu, 14 April 2005 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From as far as i know the council can not stop you parking a vechile at your house. Regardless wether it's heavy or not or even if you live ina 3 tonne limit street.

But it has to have a reson to be there:

IE:
Thats where the truck is insured at
Or it is doing a delivery

These two from as far as i know a cociol cannot stop. Smile

However if it is parked on council land it can be against the law.

[Updated on: Thu, 14 April 2005 03:02]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Suburbian Street Truck Parking Question Thu, 14 April 2005 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 12:42

some need to build up air pressure to release the brakes.

as for parking, it depends on the local councel in victoria, most require a flashing light on the rear corner at night

it takes two hours to build up pressure in the brakes Rolling Eyes
checks202
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004

Re: Suburbian Street Truck Parking Question Thu, 14 April 2005 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 13:02][quote title=Allan wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 12:42]

it takes two hours to build up pressure in the brakes Rolling Eyes

Who told you that shit lol ?

No serousily it takes 5 minutes max and thats if you have nothing left.

Normally they only run down to 4 -5 bar overnight. 7 bar is all thats needed to release brakes. Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 14 April 2005 03:11]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Suburbian Street Truck Parking Question Thu, 14 April 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nothing beats a hot summer night with my bedroom window opening listening to the trucks using compression brakes as they slow down on the freeway even better is the boom flap flap noise of a blown tire.
Seriously i know it doesn't take two hours to pressurise the brakes just having a dig at allan. Nothing beats seing a prime mover pull up on the dirt and the shut off, as the brake release the pressurised air a dust cloud spews out from underneath the truck
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Suburbian Street Truck Parking Question Thu, 14 April 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

The guy opposite us has a truck parked in front of his place, and I don't think it's his. Usually between 5:30am-6am (though it was 3am this morning) a car parks in front of our place and a guy gets out and gets into the truck. Noisy bloody diesel thing. Not real big, but big enough to hold a Bobact in the tray section. Sometimes he reverses and you get that loud beep-beep, then he drives off.

Sometimes it's another truck, about the same size but with a Bobcat on a trailer. Just as noisy.

I checked the RTA site (NSW) and it says that trucks over a GVW (Gross Vehicle Weight) of 4.5tonnes are not permitted to be parked on the shoulder of the road. However, it never explains if that means it can or cannot be parked in front of a house with a curb/guttered road.

It's not that the truck is parked badly or dangerously, it's just that I'm tired of hearing this thing wake me up. Especially as it appears the driver doesn't park it at his place but prefers to park it outside his mates place (opposite my house) so rather than annoy his own neighbours they can annoy me.

seeyuzz
river
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Suburbian Street Truck Parking Question Thu, 14 April 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but d00d, u can sleep in every day

if u get a job, then you'll be allowed to complain

damn hippies Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Suburbian Street Truck Parking Question Thu, 14 April 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

rob_RA40 wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 14:07

damn hippies Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Okay! That does it! No more am I gonna share my reefers with you and let you hang out in the '64 "flower-power" Kombi.

seeyuzz
reefer... ahh, I mean river Smile
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Suburbian Street Truck Parking Question Thu, 14 April 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 13:14

nothing beats a hot summer night with my bedroom window opening listening to the trucks using compression brakes as they slow down on the freeway even better is the boom flap flap noise of a blown tire.

would you rather the truck driver not use the engine brake and just ram a car off the road to slow down?

Seriously you all bitch and moan about trucks (just like ray martin) but without transport of goods there would be nothing, no fuel, no food, no truck and bobcat to clear land for houses, dig trenchs for pipes ect ect
so how about you have a little bit of compassion for the poor bastard behind the wheel that has given up probably 20 years of his life span due to the conditions he has to work in and the 12 hour shifts he probably works everyday (by the way trucks that work within 100km of the registered address do not need a logbook so often work even longer hours)
ask some of the doctors on here the medical conditions most truck drivers end up with - a working death sentence for what? someone to complain there sleep is intrupted?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Suburbian Street Truck Parking Question Thu, 14 April 2005 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no i was serious i love the sound of compression braking
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: Suburbian Street Truck Parking Question Thu, 14 April 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 14:03

Hi,

The guy opposite us has a truck parked in front of his place, and I don't think it's his. Usually between 5:30am-6am (though it was 3am this morning) a car parks in front of our place and a guy gets out and gets into the truck. Noisy bloody diesel thing. Not real big, but big enough to hold a Bobact in the tray section. Sometimes he reverses and you get that loud beep-beep, then he drives off.

Sometimes it's another truck, about the same size but with a Bobcat on a trailer. Just as noisy.

I checked the RTA site (NSW) and it says that trucks over a GVW (Gross Vehicle Weight) of 4.5tonnes are not permitted to be parked on the shoulder of the road. However, it never explains if that means it can or cannot be parked in front of a house with a curb/guttered road.

It's not that the truck is parked badly or dangerously, it's just that I'm tired of hearing this thing wake me up. Especially as it appears the driver doesn't park it at his place but prefers to park it outside his mates place (opposite my house) so rather than annoy his own neighbours they can annoy me.

seeyuzz
river

Sorry River, the only thing you can do in your case is to talk to your neighbours about the noise, apart from that there's not much you can do about it.
Oh by the way I had nearly 30 years interstate truck driving.

[Updated on: Thu, 14 April 2005 04:53]

Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Suburbian Street Truck Parking Question Thu, 14 April 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi-Ace wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 14:49

Sorry River, the only thing you can do in your case is to talk to your neighbours about the noise, apart from that there's not much you can do about it.

Geee talk! rather then just bone the trucker via the cops/councel nah never!

Allan
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Suburbian Street Truck Parking Question Thu, 14 April 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

D'oh! I will talk to him, after all he's a neighbour, but I just wanted to know some facts. I wasn't going to ram any laws or legal conditions up his arse, nor would I call the cops or council hit squad.

As far as people complaining about truckies... well people complain about Commodore drivers... about politicians.. about aircraft noise.. about tax.. about sex.. about religion.. about help desks.. and just about everything under the sun. We've all had a whine and a bitch about something or someone at sometime or another.

But what gets my gander is when I'm jumped on in a forum, when asking a legit question and then get slammed as a sniveling complaintent who's gonna bring down a ton of shit on some poor bastard. Mate, that ain't my style and if you've ever seen my posts you should have a pretty good idea of that by now.

So, settle down and take a valium.

seeyuzz
river

RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Suburbian Street Truck Parking Question Thu, 14 April 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well it seems there is something you can do...

The past 2 years these oldies on my street have been hounding this poor chap who owns a towing business and runs it from his house. He parks the trucks outside (usually 1 or 2 trucks, not semis or anything but normal tow trucks) on the street. They have been to numerous council meetings to try and get his trucks banned from parking on the street. Now if he parks on there they call the council and he gets a fine, so the local council does have the power to stop this.

On the other hand there is this semi that always parks outside my girlfriend's house and blocks half the road (its a very thin avenue) and the council will do nothing. Its a pretty nice suburb too (right next to springfeild for those Adelaide people).

Maybe you should try to talk to your neighbour about it, you might be able to sort something out (like getting him to park a bit further down the street and annoy someone else Evil or Very Mad ).
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Suburbian Street Truck Parking Question Thu, 14 April 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RobertoX wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 15:48

The past 2 years these oldies on my street have been hounding this poor chap who owns a towing business and runs it from his house. He parks the trucks outside (usually 1 or 2 trucks, not semis or anything but normal tow trucks) on the street. They have been to numerous council meetings to try and get his trucks banned from parking on the street. Now if he parks on there they call the council and he gets a fine, so the local council does have the power to stop this.

are they hippies too?

hahahah sorry river u know im only mucking around Laughing
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Suburbian Street Truck Parking Question Thu, 14 April 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

rob_RA40 wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 15:53

are they hippies too?

hahahah sorry river u know im only mucking around Laughing

Nope! You're a complaining dog that's just lost all access to my Otis Redding, Mommas & The Pappas, and Hendrix LPs! No more cool old hippie music for you anymore sunshine. Very Happy

seeyuzz
river
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Suburbian Street Truck Parking Question Thu, 14 April 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OMG i totally didnt consider you'd have a mad arse stash of cool old vynils NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

my vynil collection is ok but i suspect the pressing dates would be all over the shop some vintage some new.

i used to go to the record fair in parra all the time when i was a poor uni student. havent been since ive started working.

i buy them from u tu-dolla and a hubbly bubbly made out of a big plastic water dispenser jug.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Suburbian Street Truck Parking Question Thu, 14 April 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

rob_RA40 wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 16:11

i buy them from u tu-dolla and a hubbly bubbly made out of a big plastic water dispenser jug.

No way pal! The licorice pizzas are stying here, with me!

When I upgraded my sound system a couple of years ago I had to spend a fair bit extra to get a top range AV amp that had a phono input. I was surprised that a lot of amps now don't have a phono input - but maybe that's 'cos I'm just an oldie and never gave it much thought.

Anyway, the old Denon turntable is running sweetly and I am listening to the saddening glissando strings of David Bowies Aladdin Sane LP. Then I'm gonna put on the Stone's Goat's Head soup, or maybe Floyds Brick-in-The-Wall album.. or some old Canned Heat or Steve Miller... or... Cool

seeyuzz
river
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Suburbian Street Truck Parking Question Thu, 14 April 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
original press floyd and bowie?

man, I want to play that through my brother's "sound system", would sound absolutely phenomenal. Delicate sound would probably be even better, get a genuine live feel.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Suburbian Street Truck Parking Question Thu, 14 April 2005 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Yes. Original-press Floyd, Bowie, T-Rex, Stones, Hendrix, Slade, and Beatles - including the original Sgt Peppers and Magical Mystery tour with the booklet. I'll have to play them backwards and hear John say "I killed Paul"!

I'll have to go through them one day and catalog them down. There's stuff there I haven't played for 20 years, but I gave them all a go-over with PermStat to clean them and remove dust and static before they were put away in a cool dry place.

I think my last LP was The Buggles "Age Of Plastic", but not too sure of that. I'll have to check.

seeyuzz
river
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Suburbian Street Truck Parking Question Thu, 14 April 2005 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a collection like that is wasted on an old man with deteriorating hearing.. you should pass it on to someone younger with good taste in music *nods*
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Suburbian Street Truck Parking Question Thu, 14 April 2005 09:45 Go to previous message
Just get that RA out river and rip some heli's in front of his house at 2 AM! Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Boganism 101
Next Topic:clear tail lights = more speed???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:11:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053479671478271 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.