Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Séca smashed - How much to fix this?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Julz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Séca smashed - How much to fix this? Wed, 11 December 2002 00:47 Go to next message
Last Saturday, a 'P' plater smashed in to me destroying my rear door and damaging the rear guard & bumper.

He admits liability and informed me that the excess for him is $1000 and if the estimate for damage is close to or less than that figure, he will just pay me cash for the repair. I'm completely cool with that but what do people reckon? Does anyone know how i could get the repairs done properly for around a grand? Here are the pics of the damage.

http://www.tahir-online.com/sx_images/bentsx01.jpg

http://www.tahir-online.com/sx_images/bentsx02.jpg

http://www.tahir-online.com/sx_images/bentsx03.jpg

http://www.tahir-online.com/sx_images/bentsx04.jpg

http://www.tahir-online.com/sx_images/bentsx05.jpg

And the car that hit me...

http://www.tahir-online.com/sx_images/bentconquest01.jpg

Also, does anyone know about the decals and side mouldings? will they be a problem to get?

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Séca smashed - How much to fix this? Wed, 11 December 2002 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ouch.... hmmmmmm not sure how much to repair dude, but if the person in question tries to make excuses and that he knows where he can get it done cheaper, or any other money hassels.....
Go straight to your insurance. A guy I know got screwed over big time in a similar situation.

I know where you are comming from, trying to be helpful to a P-plater but at the end of the day, if he starts to squirm....pull that biatch up and takez care o' your own bidniz!!

By the way.. how in the hell does NSW transport dept, let you get away with FUCK in your number plate??? LOL! Very Happy
Julz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Séca smashed - How much to fix this? Wed, 11 December 2002 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha!

Thanks for the tip. He just said it's up to me. So far he's been super-co operative. I hate my insurance company (who also happens to be the other driver's as well) and their 'approved' repairers so I would prefer to bypass the scumbags altogether.
YOGI8U
Regular

May 2002

Re: Séca smashed - How much to fix this? Wed, 11 December 2002 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like your well over the thousand dollar mark!
get a quote!
Julz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Séca smashed - How much to fix this? Wed, 11 December 2002 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, I'll do that. Thanks
Richard84
Regular

October 2002
Re: Séca smashed - How much to fix this? Wed, 11 December 2002 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gonna cost way more than a grand. Sorry for the pesimism.
Hey man, couldn't help but notice the first four letters of your number plate in the first pic Laughing
What's the rest of your plate say?
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon9.gif  Re: Séca smashed - How much to fix this? Wed, 11 December 2002 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julz,

Mate looks like more than a Grand to me amd you want it fixed properly Not Cheaply. Sad

Only good panel beater I know is Adam at Windsor Automotive Bodyworks. He is out here at Windsor, His number is 4587 7082. Tell him Rod withthe Celica's sent you and your from Toymods.

He not only does good work but he sponsors the club Smile

Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Séca smashed - How much to fix this? Wed, 11 December 2002 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh shit, that doesn't look good Julz! Crying or Very Sad

My advice would be to go through insurance 'cos I've seen too many people get f&%*ed over when trying to do it the other way.. Does your insurance company ONLY allow you to go through the preferred repairers? I know some are a little flexible..

Best of luck mate, keep us posted. Confused
GTI16V
Regular

May 2002
Re: Séca smashed - How much to fix this? Wed, 11 December 2002 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stickers are around $15 each. I just had the doors repaired on my car both drivers side from a similar sort of damage and it cost $900.but there lokks to be more painting involved on yours.
Julz
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Séca smashed - How much to fix this? Wed, 11 December 2002 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's the thing GTI16V, I was considering a full respray anyway so I'm curious to know how huch to repair the damage minus the paint. but by the sounds of things I think the fuckwit insurance company will have to get involved Sad
whiteGZE
Regular

May 2002

Re: Séca smashed - How much to fix this? Wed, 11 December 2002 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Argh, not another one getting hit.

Thats some bad luck Julz. I guess you have to hunt down some quotes to find the best way to go but looks to be over a grands worth there. With my insurance I only needed one quote and I could pick the place (Shannons).
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Séca smashed - How much to fix this? Wed, 11 December 2002 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a write off! ill give you $500 for the wreck! hahahaha
its not that bad. the easy fix would be to get a door{if can find cheap} from the wreckers{a white one} and put your trim on the inside if need be or re skin and paint the rest of the panel beating with paint $800-1000 but another prob $400-600 if you need to re skin and paint the door.
mick

[Updated on: Wed, 11 December 2002 11:13]

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Séca smashed - How much to fix this? Wed, 11 December 2002 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bummer man... Not another Toymods stack...

I'd have to aggree that that would be over $1000...

BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Séca smashed - How much to fix this? Wed, 11 December 2002 23:16 Go to previous message
What the hell's going one round here?!?!?!?

Sorry to hear about your car Julz, and yeah I reckon it'll be over 1 grand.
I've got Adam from Windsor Automotive coming round today to give me a quote (as my car's undriveable). He was pretty helpful on the phone & sounds like a good bloke.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Only In America
Next Topic:Please read all mk3 owners.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 14:40:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048561096191406 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.