AuthorTopic
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

When peugeots attack Thu, 14 April 2005 03:10 Go to next message

FREAK DEATH OF MUM RUN OVER BY OWN CAR Apr 13 2005

Broken parts' chain reaction

By Kevin Donald

A YOUNG mum was run over and killed by her own car - after broken parts sparked a freak chain reaction.

Alison Taylor's Peugeot 405 wouldn't start so she got out and banged the engine with a hammer.

But the blows triggered the broken starter motor and because the keys were still in the ignition, the engine started. The handbrake should have stopped the car lurching forward - but that was broken as well, an inquest heard. Even then the momentum of the car would not have been enough to cause a problem.

But Alison, 36, tried to steady herself and accidentally grabbed the throttle cable.

As her elderly mother watched in horror the car sped over her, killing her instantly.

Source article... click here

-_-

considering the source of the article who knows if its true or not... but still..... that's pretty screwed up.

[Updated on: Thu, 14 April 2005 03:13]

Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: When peugeots attack Thu, 14 April 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i call bs cos i don't see how the ignition can be turn to start without someone in the car, in can be on auxilary but you need someone to turn the key to crank it over.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: When peugeots attack Thu, 14 April 2005 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it would of have to of been an auto a manual would kangaroo hop and then stall if in gear with the clutch out to.
81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
Re: When peugeots attack Thu, 14 April 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a 20sec video of a out of control peugeot how do i display it its in my computer
you will have a laugh
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: When peugeots attack Thu, 14 April 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so if she wasnt a mum this wouldnt be news worthy or what?
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: When peugeots attack Thu, 14 April 2005 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Yet another reason why I don't like French cars. They're dangerous, untrustworthy mother-killers!

seeyuzz
river
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: When peugeots attack Thu, 14 April 2005 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its really fitting the stereo type of beig unreliable pieces of p00 too. Ah well one less person that doesn't shev their armpits no big loss really.
81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
Re: When peugeots attack Thu, 14 April 2005 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how do i host this vid?????????
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: When peugeots attack Thu, 14 April 2005 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If the ignition was on and she could have made a short curcuit with the hammer then i could have happened ?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: When peugeots attack Thu, 14 April 2005 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but how can the ignition be on with no one in the car, as stated before the key can be turned to auxillary but to crank the starter motor over someone has to physically hold the key at that point, unless being french this car has some wierd arse starting mechanism. Razz

[Updated on: Thu, 14 April 2005 05:06]

81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
Re: When peugeots attack Thu, 14 April 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if the ignition key is (on) remember you have lock, acc, on, start possitions on your ignition barrel, puting something like a hammer on the starter contacts will cause the car to start and f its in gear and she pulled the throttle cable then i can see this hapening. she must of thought she was a throttle jocky Laughing

[Updated on: Thu, 14 April 2005 05:14]

Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: When peugeots attack Thu, 14 April 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any car can be started from under the bonnet if the key is in the ON position,even an auto in gear as you bypast the inhibitor switch at the starter motor.
I'm not saying the story is true or not but the scenario is possible.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: When peugeots attack Thu, 14 April 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lets get the mythbusters team onto it pronto.
81LOWLUX
Regular

March 2005
Re: When peugeots attack Thu, 14 April 2005 05:21 Go to previous message
i want to post this vid tell me how, its a pug out of control nearly kills some dudes on a scooter Shocked
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:clear tail lights = more speed???
Next Topic:Bad Day Gets worse the next day
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 18:07:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063209533691406 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.