Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » I Just Slept for 16 Hours...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
I Just Slept for 16 Hours... Thu, 14 April 2005 08:43 Go to next message
It's so screwed, since I lost my job my body clock has been goin way out of whack (as usual), but recently it's been getting really bad... There are a few nights it works properly and I get a nice 8 hours sleep, but then there are nights where I sleep split cycle. from 6PM-9PM and then from 5:30AM-6:30PM... that's right you heard me, a full 13 hours in bed, I just got up!! I slept right through, sunrise to sunset...

Basically I think in my subconcious, each time I wake up I'm thinking "no job to get up to, why not sleep for longer"... "and longer"... "and longer"...etc.

Anyway am I fucked in the head or anyone else have this problem occasionally? Eye Spin

Kev.
  Send a private message to this user    
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: I Just Slept for 16 Hours... Thu, 14 April 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No you are not farked in the head, you just need an interest to replace the time that you used to spend at work.
any thing that keeps you up all day and your mind active.
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: I Just Slept for 16 Hours... Thu, 14 April 2005 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep your farked in the head... simple Razz
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: I Just Slept for 16 Hours... Thu, 14 April 2005 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got the same problem cant manage to get to sleep untill at least 5-8am and wake up at around 12-2, except this happens to me all the time, it gona make it hard when i get another job Confused

Your not the only fucked one Very Happy

cheers
chris
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: I Just Slept for 16 Hours... Thu, 14 April 2005 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You need to do something active during the day, even if you go for a run/walk/footy kick around or something for like 1 hour.
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: I Just Slept for 16 Hours... Thu, 14 April 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for responses people Smile

Yeah usually I have the thing about goin to sleep late and wakin up late, but i consider that part a choice that i make... the internet comes alive at night Very Happy

And yeah usually I have my car to keep me busy during the day, but since losing my job ive expended all the mods i could do to it, (note: sudden completion of a few mods that have been sitting not done for ages...)

Anyway thanks for the responses people... I'll try to find some mods on either my car or computer to keep me busy that won't require money...

Kev.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: I Just Slept for 16 Hours... Thu, 14 April 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you get the same problem after working long term night shift then having to swap without much warning to dayshift ..

had this thrown on me twice during my supermarket job years ..

for a week or two i was like a zombie - in total bodyclock confusion
nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: I Just Slept for 16 Hours... Thu, 14 April 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought i was fucked in the head waking up @ 4am 5-6 days a week and going to bed @ about 11pm
Beserker99
Regular

January 2004
Re: I Just Slept for 16 Hours... Thu, 14 April 2005 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, I sleep for a living ^_^

When I'm at tafe I don't tend to get a lot of sleep. But when holidays come (like as it is now) i tend to sleep around 4-5am and then wake up at like 3-5pm.

It's an awesome feeling when ya wake up, soo refreshed Razz

I just like to sleep i guess. My record was like nearly 20 hours >_<
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: I Just Slept for 16 Hours... Thu, 14 April 2005 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sleep like normal people, sleep at 1am wake up 6am* Surprised

*death may result

[Updated on: Thu, 14 April 2005 11:23]

Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: I Just Slept for 16 Hours... Thu, 14 April 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am suffering from the same problem at the moment. I don't start my new job for a few weeks so I've been sleeping in some days pretty bad, but I still wake up at the time I used to get up at my old job, around 5am lol, then I usually sleep until like 10:30/11am, sometimes I'll force myself to wake up and get up at 8ish, but yeh the old bodyclock is definitely a fragile thing.

I remember also when I used to work at Woolworths I use to do arvo/night shift, man that fucks your bodyclock up so bad, worst cycle everyday, wake up at 11am, bum around for a few hours, go to work at 3pm, come home at 1am, go on the net for a few hours, then head to bed at 3am-ish then back up at 10/11am lol. So very bad having to do that everyday. Best time to work I reckon is like a 7/8am start, it's not too late for your body to wake up, but it's not too early either. Smile
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: I Just Slept for 16 Hours... Thu, 14 April 2005 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i used to have this problem,especially when I used to smoke heaps of ghanja,I would sleep for ages and no matter how much i got it was never enough,then when i was in a high profile job and then ran my own business it was the complete opposite i couldnt sleep at all, and would often go for a week straight with no more then 1-2 hours a night,my only advice is routine,if you dont have any your stuffed and the easiest way to fall out of a sleep routine is by having no daily routine..

werd hektik!
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: I Just Slept for 16 Hours... Thu, 14 April 2005 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 21:22

*death may result

i used to do this nearly every day. except get up at 5:30.

only just a few weeks ago im starting to cut it down back to going to sleep at 11pm now if i can.

yet its 11:30 now and im still posting on toymods. -_-
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: I Just Slept for 16 Hours... Thu, 14 April 2005 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://fursuit.timduru.org/dirlist/Other/Yippee_jimmy/YIPPEE.JPG

Im so tired...
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: I Just Slept for 16 Hours... Thu, 14 April 2005 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my roster:

MONDAY: 10PM - 6AM
TUESDAY: 10PM - 6AM
WEDNESDAY: 10PM - 6AM
THRUSDAY: 4PM - 9PM
FIRDAY: 9AM - 6PM (different job - surf shop)
SATURDAY: OFF
SUNDAY: 3PM - 1AM

i work at woolies

thats a routine but not really, im fulltime so i do it all the time. im pretty sure ill die someday soon. basically every thursday i get closer and closer to it. if i sleep during the day i dont sleep again when i go to bed after work that nite so ill be fucked for work at teh surf shop the next day.

I HATE WOOLWORTHS EVEN IF THEY ARE FUNDING MY CAR AND CONDOM SUPPLY
gorgan
Regular

November 2004
Re: I Just Slept for 16 Hours... Thu, 14 April 2005 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahahaha nah ur fine mate, i once slept for over 24 hours because i didnt sleep for almost 3 days before that so i was sorta passing out and fainting all the time so i thought i might goto sleep ay Razz

ahhhh the fun times Smile

just dont do it too much, it can actually cause harm to your body.

thanks, gorgan
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: I Just Slept for 16 Hours... Thu, 14 April 2005 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ur normal.

i sleep a shit load since loosing my license (i wont sleep till like 5am hence the time this was posted) i usually wake up around 3-4ish. yes its a sad world, but hey we can dream cant we???
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: I Just Slept for 16 Hours... Thu, 14 April 2005 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rthy wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 21:22

*death may result

rofl...

nice nice, i actually figured out i have a sleep disorder called Delayed Circadian Rhythm Disorder... not that it has much to do with what happened last night, but anyway...

Kev.
MFX_Neko_86
Forums Junkie

September 2004

Re: I Just Slept for 16 Hours... Thu, 14 April 2005 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont really sleep that much either.. im trying to make my bedtime be around 230 as i have to be up at 530.. but its 330 and im still here... if i get more than 5 hours sleep a day i usually am pretty cranky all day... oversleeping...

Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: I Just Slept for 16 Hours... Thu, 14 April 2005 20:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you're crazy, girl Razz
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: I Just Slept for 16 Hours... Thu, 14 April 2005 20:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh also i read this story about a guy who developed insomnia in his mid 30s... stayed up for 6 months straight.. in the last 2 months he was sent to an insane asylum (went completely off the chart whacko), and then soon after, passed away...
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: I Just Slept for 16 Hours... Fri, 15 April 2005 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
13hours!! Shocked
I have a hard time sleeping over 4 hours, problably because most of my time im studing something. Sad
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: I Just Slept for 16 Hours... Fri, 15 April 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
isnt it fact that you will die the quickest not through lack of water or food but sleep?? I heard that on who wants to be a millionare...so it has to be true Very Happy
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: I Just Slept for 16 Hours... Fri, 15 April 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im fucked, on a regular basis actually Razz

my sleeping cycle is pretty much fucked i goto work at 6pm, get back at 10:30 (in the PM) and get on here till like 1-2, then goto bed and wake up at 7, and people wonder why im constantly late for tafe.

just today i went to bed at 3 and woke up at 11, tis fuck,ed, my life is sooooooooooooo random :/

Eldar.O.
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: I Just Slept for 16 Hours... Sun, 17 April 2005 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I normally go to bed at 23:30

and get up at 7:30.

work weekdays 9-5. Have a hard hard time getting up everyday.
The working day shoudl really start at 11am for optimum staff performance. And Also, it should only be a 4 day week..

bah.
Off to bed
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: I Just Slept for 16 Hours... Sun, 17 April 2005 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xmas day 2004 i was pissed out of my brain, went to bed at 4.pm for a supposed-nap, and got up at 10 o clock the next morning when our visitors arrived...

18 hours baby
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: I Just Slept for 16 Hours... Mon, 18 April 2005 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kev im on the same shit what youre snorting... its like i go to bed 4 am in the morning and get up at 3.30 in the afternoon just to go to work... thats why im barely getting anywhere with my 4age conversion, where im out of commision where daylight is at.... FARCK!!!

anyone outhere who knows that has some sort of uncle tongs wake up early remedy?
Flynnos
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: I Just Slept for 16 Hours... Tue, 19 April 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh i hate it....my problem is getting to sleep to late...it slowly grows on u..first it was bed at 1am,then 2am....then 3...now its like 4 or 5 pretty constantly even tho i have to wake up at 8 or ealrier most days....and ganja defintaley dusnt help....afta a massive partty and one massive sesh i slept from 5am till bout 730pm or so...it aint 18hrs but i was still proud Smile
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: I Just Slept for 16 Hours... Wed, 20 April 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate, my sleeping patterns took a turn like that when I started this job.
Going from uni life to a regular 9 to 5, REALLY fucked me around.
So yes, you are not the only one, and that disorder your talking about is quite real.

I happen to have a little booklet thingy that you can get that helps with things like that a lot though if your interested.
pr1nce
Regular

April 2004
Re: I Just Slept for 16 Hours... Thu, 21 April 2005 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when i was a kid, i never got a good block of sleep
i'd sleep, then wake up in the middle of the night, i'd get a drink of water or something, then go back to bed, and wake up in the morning.

now it's much worse, i can't get to sleep, a nod off for about half an hour, but to me it feels like hours, so i'm left just lying in bed awake for ages.

insomnia is retarded Confused
rob-ae86
Regular

November 2002
Re: I Just Slept for 16 Hours... Thu, 21 April 2005 08:01 Go to previous message
god when i was working as a apprentice it was

work 6am-430pm then
go home then start second job (night fill) 6pm-11pm

then sleep....

i did this five times a week i was basicly a zombie after three weeks trouble breathing to also came close to passing out

now is just a 4am wake up finish at 3pm Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:New pic host
Next Topic:uq colleges
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:48:17 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0091149806976318 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.