Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » engineer's certificate???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
piggy
Regular

March 2005
icon5.gif  engineer's certificate??? Mon, 11 April 2005 11:28 Go to next message
hi there im new to NSW and i was wondering if i buy a car which was built with an 18rc and replaced with an 18rg do i need an engineer's certificate for it to be able to become road worthy as the car is currently in QLD?

thanks Chris
  Send a private message to this user    
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: engineer's certificate??? Mon, 11 April 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah
piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: engineer's certificate??? Mon, 11 April 2005 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok cool are you sure you don't require one? as this is my first car some im kinda new
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: engineer's certificate??? Mon, 11 April 2005 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
depends - if in qld and you had an 18R powered RA40 and upgraded to EFI 18RG (well GUE to be exact) you should have had the change in induction system blue-plated (engineered).

but if it's still a carbi engine, then it's probably fine as is unless your local inspector in NSW decided to check whether 18RG was available as an option with your model of Celica (and i'm guessing that it's a Celica in which case it's probably ok?)

country-wide rule of thumb: if it was a factory option for your car, there's no need to engineer it
piggy
Regular

March 2005
Re: engineer's certificate??? Mon, 11 April 2005 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok thanks for your help it is a RA40 celica thanks for your help but ill still have to change the vin number as the engine number would be different??

thanks chris
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: engineer's certificate??? Fri, 15 April 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all you'd need is a blue slip.

I'm fairly certain.

blue slips are about 80 bux compared to an engineers certificate which is more like 500 bux
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: engineer's certificate??? Fri, 15 April 2005 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
since the 18rg and 18rgu were available in the 1977 celicas from the factory and there is no significant power increase or change in induction system then it is a "owner certified modification".

Meaning you just get a blue slip engine number change and you are done Very Happy
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: engineer's certificate??? Fri, 15 April 2005 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get the owners hand book for an ra40 open it up and there is a photo of an 18R-GE siting in the bay from memory that should be all you need

Allan
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: engineer's certificate??? Fri, 15 April 2005 12:09 Go to previous message
The person that did my blue slip said that if the engine bolts in with no modifications you don't need an engineers certificate. I told him I had a celica and he said if I put in the 18rg it would be fine to register after I got a blue slip. If you put something else in that requires engine mounts to be modified etc it needs an engineers certificate.
That was the crux of what he told me.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ae86 gauge mount
Next Topic:MA70: Feedback pls
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 09:07:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045630931854248 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.