Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
buttocks
Regular

October 2003
AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 01:17 Go to next message
I'm getting really sick of people calling there generic australian Delivered AE85's - AE86's Give it a break guys there AE85's even if you install a 4AGE, there still AE85's. It's like tarting up a XY falcon and saying its a GTHO that doesn't cut it and nor should this...
  Send a private message to this user  
boudan
Regular

June 2003
Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Isnt a rose still a rose by any other name...

I dont think you should be worried with what the other little boys call thier cars.. Your really pushing shit uphill...

Its like trying to get them to admit an ae82 sedan would actually be a track car... Razz
studman
Occasional Poster

On Probation

March 2005
Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh u farken tell em man.

its like callin an apple a banana

its like callin a nun a hoe

its like chalk n cheese

its like you finkin you are cool just coz you know what a 86 is

its like when you had brown love wif your mate and told you other mates you picked up a hot bitch

its skool holidays now isnt it

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't Australian models have AE86 on the build plate? Even if they are crap?
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gotta be trollin? Laughing

But for the others who might be confused, all Oz-Spec Hachi's are infact AE86's it says so on the chassis. We basically got the AE86 Chassis with all the dodge running gear, no 4age, no disks on rear, no lsd, no vented fronts.. etc etc etc.

Its definately not the AE86 experience in stock form.. but basically everyone has an engine conversion and other goodies.

HACHI ROKU! SUGOI!

Wink
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buttocks wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 11:17

I'm getting really sick of people calling there generic australian Delivered AE85's - AE86's Give it a break guys there AE85's even if you install a 4AGE, there still AE85's. It's like tarting up a XY falcon and saying its a GTHO that doesn't cut it and nor should this...

beautiful contribution to the forums here, especially since 92% of all of your posts are utilising the free for sale section, provided by the paying members of the club.

but hey with a post like this im sure the other 8% of your posts are absolute pearls of toyota wisdom just like this was.

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with a name like buttocks its know wonder he makes an arse of himself.
studman
Occasional Poster

On Probation

March 2005
Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha buttocks has an infatuation with mens buttocks. his car haz a sticker on it:

COWBOYS BUTTS DRIVE ME NUTS

hahaha
buttocks
Regular

October 2003
Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now that you MENtion it that is a good sticker!!!
Just annoys me when a cars rebuilt to be something its not, i know its just as good a car, but they have become a cult car, like all the GT's etc, if it doesn't come with a 4AGE standard it shouldn't be called a AE86. Come on now!!! Because i'd hate to be a young guy wraped up in the FAD!! and buy an australian delivered AE pay top dollar and find it had been rebuilt to Trueno or Levin Spec's

[Updated on: Fri, 15 April 2005 02:08]

studman
Occasional Poster

On Probation

March 2005
Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Just annoys me when a cars rebuild to be something its not

sif it matters wif da 86, not like they are special

GT falcon should not be compaired as a classic wif da 86

A Gli lancer posing as an evo is bad

A imprezza lx posing as an sti is bad

An aus spec 86 posing as a jdm 86, who gives a shit. its just slow and slower. neither is much chop
buttocks
Regular

October 2003
Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats no the point i was making
Sometimes it hard to pick the really japanese delivered AE86's just saying it would be nice to see AE85 or AE86 on peoples cars instead of all AE86's
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why don't you just call them corollas? Very Happy
buttocks
Regular

October 2003
Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ouch that was Nasty!!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buttocks wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 10:11

Thats no the point i was making
Sometimes it hard to pick the really japanese delivered AE86's just saying it would be nice to see AE85 or AE86 on peoples cars instead of all AE86's

Whats the point of that when there are dick all AE85's in Australia because they were all released as AE86's Rolling Eyes

Meh, I'm with Charlie, they're all Corollas.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Meh, I'm with Charlie, they're all Corollas.

Don't go dumping "that" crowd in with us Corolla owners Laughing

I am happy to drive a girls/granny/shopping car that can own most things on the road Smile

Back on topic, WGAF?

Sometimes I think the eight-six gang are just are little too passionate about the 8-6, to the point of being obsessed psychos.

But as long as they are having fun, meh!
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FFS this is so petty

AE86 is a chassis designation, not the model of the car.

The australian chassis is exactly the same as the jap spec. Same re-enforcement. Same sheet metal. Therefore it is an ae86 by chassis.

I think people take the ae86 chassis designation in the conext of a model name. And this is where they get all anal.
---------------------------

Model name is like Sprinter Trueno GT APEX, or Corolla Levin GT.
a model name describes the feature (i.e. LSD, power steering, motor type, etc).

It is wrong to call their australian TOYOTA SPRINTER a TOYOTA COROLLA LEVIN GTV for example.

It is also wrong to call an australian TOYOTA SPRINTER a TOYOTA COROLLA LEVIN SR for example.

No one in australia has claimed this. so whats the biggie?
----

bottom line, AE86 is a chassis designation. that's all there is to it. it's not a formal car name. So don't associate it as one.

bah

[Updated on: Fri, 15 April 2005 02:25]

no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmmmm, an authetic AE85 would be more unique in Autralia than aust-specs which are definately AE86.
And often in japan alot of the highly modified sprinter track cars are AE85 chassis, Katsuhiro Ueo use to drive one, I have a clip of it (6th Ikaten Champ [1998-2000] clip).
buttocks
Regular

October 2003
Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So all Australian Sprinters have a AE86 Plate?? and are actually 86's not 85's? Can i get a confirmation on this, sounds sus, i thought Japan only had 2 models a AE85 with a 4ac and a AE86's that only came with a 4AGE..
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buttocks wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 12:02

if it doesn't come with a 4AGE standard it shouldn't be called a AE86.

I think you should take this statement strait to toyota & tell them that you know everything & that they have been marking the Sprinters sent to Australia with the wrong chasis numbers!!!

My sprinter didn't have a 4a-ge in it when i got it but, if you'd like to come around to my place i'll happily lift the bonnet & show you the chasis number & how it says AE86 rite in the f*(king middle of it...

So working with your theory:

AE85: 4a-c
AE86: 4a-ge

So does that make my car a AE87 as it has a 4a-gze in it??

Streets' closed pizza boy go back to time zone!
studman
Occasional Poster

On Probation

March 2005
Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

and then.....

Quote:

So all Australian Sprinters have a AE86 Plate?? and are actually 86's not 85's? Can i get a confirmation on this, sounds sus, i thought Japan only had 2 models a AE85 with a 4ac and a AE86's that only came with a 4AGE..

we have come full circle.

buttocks
Regular

October 2003
Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Look i've been trying to Import a AE86 Levin for a fair while.
I can accept that the Chassis code says AE86 on Australian delivered sprinters. Unlike alot of people on this forum i can apologize. Sorry if i offened anyone with A australian Delivered Sprinter. Geezus anyone would have thought i knocked off the pope.
I thought i liked them but you guy put a new meaning into Car loving..

[Updated on: Fri, 15 April 2005 02:54]

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apology accepted Very Happy

You have quickly learnt that you nevah knock teh hachi!!! ph34r!!!

Also make sure your hachi facts are correct cause there are a lot of lonely hachi fans that spend too much time on the net and know ALL about teh invicible 8-6

Teh sprintah can nevah loooze!!!!

Now where is my pic of the two Mercedes Benz sprinters dualling on teh drift??????????????????????????????????????? Laughing

[Updated on: Fri, 15 April 2005 02:58]

ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are you the kid who wrote into drift battle magazine and said

'i think australian owners acctually have ae85's, not ae86's, and don't know it'
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buttocks wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 12:33

you are correct, to a degree.

In japan, the
1. Toyota Sprinter Trueno SR, Rhyme or Lissie
2. Toyota Corolla Levin SR, Rhyme or Lissie

All came with AE85 Chassis.
They all had a SOHC 1.5ltr 3AU motor... NONE came with a 4A-C motor.

In Australia, we got the 1.6ltre 4AC motor.
We got the AE86 Chassis because it comes with factory a 4A engine.

and the 4ac is the same block as a 4age but with a different head.

So the aus spec Toyota Sprinter has got more in common engine wise with a jap Spec SprinterTrueno/CorollaLEVIN GT.
However, it's got performance closer to an AE85 in stock form.

But it is not an SR. It's somewhere in limbo between the two.

hope this answers your question
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Comparing the AE85 to the AE86 is like comparing chocolate and shit...

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
79rollaboy wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 14:19

respectively means the the AE86 is shit
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Quote:

79rollaboy wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 14:19

respectively means the the AE86 is shit

I prefer the analogy that comparing the AE85 to the AE86 is like comparing a transvestite to a woman. From a distance they both appear to look similar, but when you get down to the detail no amount of modifications will make the trannie a real woman, just like no amount of mods will make an AE85 into an AE86 Laughing

But seriously who gives a flying fcuk!
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ShiRi wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 13:09

are you the kid who wrote into drift battle magazine and said
'i think australian owners acctually have ae85's, not ae86's, and don't know it'

lol i was thinking the same thing.

i just want to point out the obvious once again, my car has AE86 build plate too.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who the fuck cares. I love both of em Twisted Evil
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

ahh you fuckin noob.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 14:52

ahh you fuckin noob.

ae86drift wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 14:52

ahh you fuckin noob.

buttocks
Regular

October 2003
Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No more talking on this Thread everythings been said.
Thanks for the Update
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://my.tele2.ee/levintrueno/ae86/big12.jpg

I always thought the Coupe's were AE85's. Like a ke25 was the coupe in the 20 series (KE26 was a wagon. and KE20 was a normal corolla)

Bye the way does that look like an Exa to anyone else?
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buttocks wrote on Fri, 15 April 2005 11:17

and im gettign sick of igronance
chech the chassis stamp and come back and comment some more
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh i only read what it says in the body VIN number, something in the lines or ae8600##### Rolling Eyes just like most of the other ppl who seem to OWN one

http://www.purepwnage.com/nonoobs.jpg

[Updated on: Fri, 15 April 2005 11:50]

nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thankyou shcao u took the words out of my mouth mate

Wink
Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE85 = 1500cc
AE86 = 1600cc

The fact Australia got ripped off by having a cam stolen before their sprinters got off the boat is irrelevant to the chassis number. Changing in body style are totally irrelevant to the chassis number. Prime example are TE71 and TE72(or T18 in Oz). Huge range of body styles for both, 71 is 1600cc (whether 2T or 2TG) and 72 is 1800cc. Earlier Toyota models did use chassis number to indicate body style, changed around 1980.

Callum

[Updated on: Fri, 15 April 2005 12:16]

shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh, and one more thing, seeming I guess you are a bit of a newbie.

the theory of

pop light = ae86 = chocolate
fixed light = ae85 = shit

does not hold true,

across all models, (GT APEX, GTV, GT, SR)
you had the option of hatch back or boot back,
and from the front you had the option of levin or trueno.

For example, you can have a top of the range AE86 GT APEX levin boot back.

Or believe it or not, you can have a bottom of the barrel POS AE85 Toyota Sprinter Trueno SR in factory panda!

in australia, we only got one model available. And this model on came in the hatch back with the fixed lights. Just cause it looks like itsuki's car, and got a SOHC, doesnt make it an ae85.

[Updated on: Fri, 15 April 2005 14:59]

EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a duck is a duck.

an ae85 is still a sprinter trueno/corolla levin

all in all, what difference does it make?

if you dont like them harming your view of what an ae86 is, take choppers lead, slice your ears off, cancel your internet connection, format your harddrive and stop pussyfooting around.

the ae86 is not the drift weapon everyone makes it out to be, in stock form its just a car, a commuter car.

upgrade any car and you can make it do whatever you want...

think about it... even JDM sprinters still have room for improvment i.e. coilovers, turbo etc.

Eldar.O.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bwhahaah buttocks is a fag... a fucking loser noob bwahahahaah

go back to school u shitface loser, someone ban this fag back to initial d arcade

bwahahah Laughing Laughing
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: AE85's Not AE86's Fri, 15 April 2005 17:36 Go to previous message
shcao wrote on Sat, 16 April 2005 00:58

....Just cause it looks like itsuki's car, and got a SOHC, doesnt make it an ae85.

w3rd.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:Metrinch Tools
Next Topic:XSPower?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 14:19:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0072841644287109 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.